Sacked - the game after this rating from the board

Board Pleased with what I’m doing to being sacked, without warning, after 1 match.

if SI want to put away the myth about it being easier getting the sack, they should remove their grubby little money maker unsackable premium download. 

one win away from 3rd. Last 16 of CL. QF of league cup. 

it’s also worth pointing out we had highest xG and lowest expected xG against in the league but kept losing matches. Despite having sane team and tactics that conceded 20 and scored 86 season before. Team not aging. Sometimes this game takes against you without rhyme or reason.

8B41FFA5-A073-4AC5-AE5E-481CDD9DB5C3.png

3 hours ago, Carmi88 said:

yeah you got sacked because SI are desperate for a few quid to unlock the unsackable perk

Yh good comeback. I didn’t say the game specifically targeted me.
But it’s easy money for them and is basically freemium bating. If they’re swimming in money why not just remove this and remove any accusations of easy sackings, particularly with my example in mind.

thanks for the intelligent response though. Adds to the debate 

In all competitions and a good club atmosphere, there is no way in real life you would get sacked (unless maybe you attacked the chairperson :p).   Even if you're expected to finish in x position, the board would look at how far you're away from challenging etc.  Maybe post it in the bugs section as previously mentioned.

4 hours ago, Carmi88 said:

yes because SI solely targeting you is what made your claim crazy, it must apply to everyone.

Where did I claim that? I can only relate to my own experience. 
you obviously misread and were trying to be clever. It’s ok. I understand. 

1 hour ago, LaticsLegend said:

In all competitions and a good club atmosphere, there is no way in real life you would get sacked (unless maybe you attacked the chairperson :p).   Even if you're expected to finish in x position, the board would look at how far you're away from challenging etc.  Maybe post it in the bugs section as previously mentioned.

Will post in bugs. Appreciate your comments 

To be fair I've noticed something similar in AI teams, too. In my save AZ Alkmaar sacked their manager who was doing otherwise decent job, put the team dropped to 6th position at one point and it was expected to finish 3rd. There was just 3-4 points to the 3rd place, so it looked rather harsh sacking, compared to clearly underachieving teams. 

At the same time in real life there are some chairpersons who are patient and some who are not (certain Abramovich comes to mind), so you can say that while it was unexpected, those things happen. 

Timing is one issue, though - if you fall short by just a little, perhaps it's a good decision to get rid of you at the end of the season and let someone else to take over. But OP was in December - barely half of the season has been played, January transfer window coming up. Plenty of time to improve and get the gears going. What good would sacking the manager do at this point in the season?

13 hours ago, SimonHoddle said:

Where did I claim that? I can only relate to my own experience. 
you obviously misread and were trying to be clever. It’s ok. I understand. 

"But it’s easy money for them and is basically freemium bating. If they’re swimming in money why not just remove this and remove any accusations of easy sackings, particularly with my example in mind."

Nope, no misunderstanding here.

4 hours ago, Carmi88 said:

"But it’s easy money for them and is basically freemium bating. If they’re swimming in money why not just remove this and remove any accusations of easy sackings, particularly with my example in mind."

Nope, no misunderstanding here.

Where did I say SI is solely targeting me? So if it’s not a misunderstanding it’s just a little bit poor form. Everyone else read my message and understood it’s intentions, save for you. Rather than being irritating about someone’s genuine misgiving why don’t you write your own post. 

Pointless and inaccurate sarcasm doesn’t make for great debate. Please, in all due respect, don’t comment on this again.

• FrazT locked this topic