FM - 22 - God Loves A Trier

ashton321

image.png.b9035bacaba4802a596942f5aecb1e79.png

I have not done a Youth Only save for a while and after finding an extension file for Germany I decided to take on one of my favourites. I took over Enintracht Trier they presently play in the Rhineland/Saar League which is two steps below 3.Liga. Why this club? Well I managed them all the way back on FM 08 whilst doing the Big Euro Nation Challenge on this forum and fell in love with them. It actually resulted in a trip out to watch them which was amazing. 

image.jpeg.1d96bad38a129a9baf4bce486bd97c47.jpeg

The aim here is build them by doing a Youth Only Save with them. Inspired by the excellent work done by @Makoto Nakamura and @Jimbokav1971 and their saves I will be trying to replicate. I have not done a Youth Only for a while so it should be interesting. 

Edited by ashton321

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre Season 21/22

Ye6u0uG.jpg?1

The Board dont want much do they. Seems like success will be needed from the outset. 

aEyPtNB.jpg?1

That being said we are pretty much favourites to go up just behind the fantastically named Worms. 

WFZQzqe.jpg?1

PTXG798.jpg?1

Our best player is Robin Garnier he looks excellent and seems to be playing at level a little below him. He certainly could do it in the division above. We are also good for facilities and should be enough to produce some decent youngsters in the future for us even before any upgrades come. 

October 21/22

wxeDQIx.jpg?1

6Fiwooo.jpg?1

Another month gone and only two points dropped all month against a good side. We also managed to get into the next round of the cup as well. A very good month indeed. 

Edited by ashton321

Good luck with this but beware Youth Only in Germany where the minimum age requirements for the leagues mean that you often have to wait long periods before you are able to play the next bright thing. (I still bear the emotional scars of my time with Regensburg). 

Playing with an edited database allowing you to start lower and already have built your squad by the time you reach the higher levels might be the answer though. :thup:

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Good luck with this but beware Youth Only in Germany where the minimum age requirements for the leagues mean that you often have to wait long periods before you are able to play the next bright thing. (I still bear the emotional scars of my time with Regensburg). 

Playing with an edited database allowing you to start lower and already have built your squad by the time you reach the higher levels might be the answer though. :thup:

Yeah I seem to remember something like that to. I think it will just stop the temptation of throwing a 16 year old straight in. Maybe finding a feeder club in the lower leagues where he can play is the answer

December 21/22

ECE6AXG.jpg?1

l3eVIb2.jpg?1

Only two games this month and a win in each. In other news, our two best players will be leaving the club in January. Both had deals which ran out at the end of the year and would not sign new deals. Although I have only managed to get small fees for them I have also got sell on clauses. I just thought best to cash in rather than loose for nothing. Especially as we are 250k in the red

Edited by ashton321

January 21/22

RMdE7mj.jpg?1

These guys left the club as I said two of the best players left us as they were going to go on a free anyway. The only other player was a reserve keeper who wanted to go. 

PBGu2ZC.jpg?1

pPT4czS.jpg?1

We started off with two decent friendlies as it was the mid season break. We played ok in them against much better teams. Two wins and a draw including a win over Kaiserslautern 2 which gave us the section win. We now move into the Championship Group (above) we keep our record against teams that we have also played who are present in this group which I think is a nice way of doing it. Things are now going to get a little tougher I would have thought.

Edited by ashton321

54 minutes ago, ashton430 said:

Yeah I seem to remember something like that to. I think it will just stop the temptation of throwing a 16 year old straight in. Maybe finding a feeder club in the lower leagues where he can play is the answer

I didn't mean with regards to developing your Youth players. I meant with regards to not having any players to move into and improve the 1st Team. 

Do you mind if I ask what the league rules are in the league you are in (5th tier), and more importantly what the rules are in the league above? 

5 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I didn't mean with regards to developing your Youth players. I meant with regards to not having any players to move into and improve the 1st Team. 

Do you mind if I ask what the league rules are in the league you are in (5th tier), and more importantly what the rules are in the league above? 

Not at all

UcOK4KM.jpg?1

Here they are they are the same in the league above as well. 

It seems that only players under 16 are not able to play even in Bundesliga now so not sure if the rules have changed maybe

31 minutes ago, ashton430 said:

It seems that only players under 16 are not able to play even in Bundesliga now so not sure if the rules have changed maybe

Pretty confident it was 17 yrs old when I played in Germany back in the days... but I think the rule changed last season thanks to... Moukoko.

57 minutes ago, ashton430 said:

Not at all

UcOK4KM.jpg?1

Here they are they are the same in the league above as well. 

24 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Pretty confident it was 17 yrs old when I played in Germany back in the days... but I think the rule changed last season thanks to... Moukoko.

I can't remember what it was when I managed Regensburg, but it certainly wasn't 16. Possibly 17 but maybe even 18. If it's 16 then it makes it easier and maybe it's even tempting to go back and earn my redemption in Germany. 

March 21/22

NyAhOCd.jpg?1

jKpCTb0.jpg?1

I am starting to think I should not have sold my key players in January and just let them go for free at the end of the year as we are definitely weaker I feel a little bit like we are hanging on

April 21/22

qA716uv.jpg?1

AOjJPuc.jpg?1

Two games left to go and the one automatic promotion spot feels a little out of our reach now. We needed to beat Wiesbach but we could not manage it. We did however win the local cup. 

yel4h0f.jpg?1

This is very important as with a bit of luck we draw a big time and get some cash

iWFkl2I.jpg?1

Nice to see this so early on as well

End of Season 21/22

j3XKosN.jpg?1

rX1HQG8.jpg?1

E2CGZiy.jpg?1

It was a very close end to the season. Had we won our last game we would have gone up as champions but we just could not get the job done as we drew. This pus us into the playoff group where we did enough to go up. In the end promotion achieved and a new contract for me so all is good. 

Finances  - This is the main issue we have the prize money and crowds at this level are not great so we need to try and sort something out. 

Players of the Season

Jason Thayaparan - my part Sri Lankan defensive midfielder who was great we felt it when he wasnt playing. 

Christopher Bibaku - just a very good solid striker who was great this year. 

Simon Maurer - an absolute rock at the back

65n9fvG.jpg?1

Edited by ashton321

Season Preview 22/23

Ix0aTdP.jpg?1

1B5auQo.jpg?1

The Board seems to be a little bit less expectant now. I just want to survive nothing else matters really the cup has been drawn and we were drawn at home against Werder Breman. Apparently the lower team in the rankings gets the home advantage, I would have preferred to play away and split the proceeds but it will do. 

August 22/23

LfTtqGD.jpg?1

cyyNeBj.jpg?1

The Cup was a very good game and we got close a couple of times but could not manage to get a goal. We did however get £149,000 for being defeated. Brought back down to earth a little in the league this month 

October 22/23

3WepVWE.jpg?1

qV7NLKa.jpg?1

Four wins and a draw in the month is not so bad at all. Our youngster Agbo has been in fine form this month as well so that is very pleasing to see. We have been playing some fine football this month

November 22/23

9Ei7FSG.jpg?1

hGel3yl.jpg?1

Another really good month for us, I think we could have had 4 wins we were a little unlucky in the two draws conceding a very late equaliser to Frankfurt. We are looking very good indeed so far

January 22/23

JkFEB7O.jpg?1

0kcCxL3.jpg?1

Two wins and we are catching the leaders. A couple of the players who were 15 at the start of the season have come into the first team now. 

UbV2IGw.jpg?1

A few players out on loan, the main fee was for an unhappy player whose deal ended at end of year

Youth Intake 22/23

5lgAZ7H.jpg?1

Decent top guys coming through, underneath this though not too much at all really.

Maksym Annekov - the star of the intake but in a position we are pretty well stocked in

Ellis Peqini - a keeper, he looks decent enough

Benjamin Vogt - this was a spot of need for us

Ken Erding - looks decent will be sending him out on loan

April 22/23

b96ZMzP.jpg?1

1SFL1Zp.jpg?1

We had a very quiet month in the league as we lost against a team who have been relegated and also one of our rivals. This was enough to see Freiburg the title and promotion. We have ran them close but not close enough. We managed to win the local cup for the 2nd season on the bounce so we will be in the Pokal next year again. I have no idea what happened in the Frankfurt game we seemed to score everything we touched. 

End of Season 22/23

EFroe2Q.jpg?1

hfb7NaB.jpg?1

We ended the season with two victories with Agbo from our intake last year playing very well. If you would have offered me this before the season started I would have taken it but we got so close and at certain points looked like we may have won the title. That being said another year at this level letting the youngsters develop more is not a bad plan either. 

Finances  - Much better and we have not yet had prize money for the year so will be in a decent spot after that

Players of the Season

Jason Thayaparan - another fabulous season from one of my favourite players at the club

Christopher Bibaku - another decent season, he was not quite as good last year and I do think his numbers look a little inflated given he scored 6 in one game

Tim Garnier - improved a lot this year and I think had it not been for an injury would have been even better.

49taUUm.jpg?1

Season Preview 23/24

hpDVcvD.jpg?1

h7VPHKm.jpg?1

This is a tough one to decide where we will finish. I think we are better and the league is maybe a little weaker. I think if we can finish in the top half I will be pleased. We have drew Karlshurer in the Pokal. It will be interesting to see how we fair against them as they are a mid table Liga 2 side. 

July/August 23/24

S7TwUhJ.jpg?1

5J2sHxQ.jpg?1

We started off well with a huge win over a newly promoted team. We did not win another game. We got battered in the cup but the extra 150k cash was nice. In the league we have been the better team every time but cannot put away chances we are not performing at all in the latter third. 

November 23/24

9216nM0.jpg?1

zjZI4mH.jpg?1

I dont understand how we can go from what we did last year to this. We are playing pretty much the same team now and also the same tactic, I think some work is needed. We just seem to struggle. 

January/February 23/24

XhvkuwR.jpg?1

aewNSdG.jpg?1

Huge turnaround in form for us as we pick up some wins and remain unbeaten. We should have beaten Freiburg as we were much the better side but just could not convert the chances. I think our relegations fears are over now I think this is just a month of midtable nothingness 

Youth Intake 23/24

IjTEbS0.jpg?1

A decent Intake where we got a range of new players. We need a little more at the back for now this will do for us. 

Kadir Gul - maybe the best player in the Intake but a RW/ST is something we have an awful lot of

Eric Reicherz - decent enough needs to develop a lot but does have a chance to do something

Murphy Limbombe - I like this guy a lot I think he will be my Deep Lying Playmaker