Creating a cup competition for a local region

MWFC_3

Hi guys, I am in need of help regarding creating a cup competition for a specific local region in this case - South West England.

It takes 48 teams based in order of reputation, and is played during pre season every year.

How can I make it easier?

I happen to not remember what I should do in order for that to happen.

Make a new inactive competition(the details like name etc. really don't matter, it's just a dummy for holding teams for a cup, you'll never see it mentioned in game), add all teams in that region to this comp as secondary division. Then when creating the cup, simply get the 48 best teams from that comp.

No need to create any secondary competitions or anything like that if you're using a local region that's actually defined in game. South-West England is, so it's super easy.

In your teams section just choose "Get Best Local Region Teams" with Local Region = South-West

Set the maximum number and choose the sorting method. Job done.

I made a Celtic Cup like that, drawing the best 4 teams from the Brittany region of France for the competition.

Edited by rusty217

6 hours ago, rusty217 said:

No need to create any secondary competitions or anything like that if you're using a local region that's actually defined in game. South-West England is, so it's super easy.

In your teams section just choose "Get Best Local Region Teams" with Local Region = South-West

Set the maximum number and choose the sorting method. Job done.

I made a Celtic Cup like that, drawing the best 4 teams from the Brittany region of France for the competition.

I don't know where I can find it. I need help already.

4 hours ago, MWFC_3 said:

I don't know where I can find it. I need help already.

I'm not sure about the basic editor, but in the advanced rules editor choose your cup, go to Stages, then Stage 0, Teams and add an instruction to get teams there. The "Get Best Local Region Teams" is the option 3rd from the bottom under Type.

If you're not sure how to use the advanced editor you can set up your cup entirely in the basic editor, then just convert to advanced to edit the Teams setup.

Edited by rusty217

On 04/06/2022 at 14:08, Samuel77 said:

Rusty gave you the answers you needed, he took the time to explain. <snip>

I couldn't properly understand what to do. I got stuck on this:

On 03/06/2022 at 17:27, rusty217 said:

I'm not sure about the basic editor, but in the advanced rules editor choose your cup, go to Stages, then Stage 0, Teams and add an instruction to get teams there. The "Get Best Local Region Teams" is the option 3rd from the bottom under Type.

If you're not sure how to use the advanced editor you can set up your cup entirely in the basic editor, then just convert to advanced to edit the Teams setup.

il y a 41 minutes, MWFC_3 a dit :

go to Stages, then Stage 0, Teams and add an instruction to get teams there. The "Get Best Local Region Teams" is the option 3rd from the bottom under Type.

image.thumb.png.0cc077d68f8f1d66c6dba1217ba24166.png

• FrazT locked this topic

Unfortunately this discussion descended into something we don't want on this board.

If you are missing one or more of your messages, these have been hidden by the moderator team as they do not add value to the thread.

Please keep it civil, do realise that not all editing people are created equal. That might mean someone will explain it with less or more detail than the asking party requires. In any case that happens, please do explain what level of explanation you need and do not hit out.