FM and Brazil

Hello,

As some might know, FM is not available in Brazil. Surely, I can get Gamepass, but paying a monthly fee to play a game I find absurd. Surely, one can buy the game, but it would have to be in another currency, which the lovely (/s) Brazilian government taxes. 

Is there any news on the matter for the 23´s version?

Have a lovely day!

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

People, websites charging for FM related content are against the EULA. The posts referring to it have been hidden be me.

Understood! Those places I´d not recommend to begin with, since they charge 50% more than retail price. 

36 minutes ago, Brasilia88 said:

Understood! Those places I´d not recommend to begin with, since they charge 50% more than retail price. 

And to answer your question, no, there is no information on the subject for FM23.

On 01/06/2022 at 06:09, Brasilia88 said:

Thank you! I really (!) hope things will change. 

Here in Cambodia, I'm stuck with the same problem - Steam refusing to activate the game. I've asked about it many times and never got a positive response. I'm stuck playing older versions of the game. It's supposed to be possible to activate using a vpn but I did try that when FM22 came out and it didn't work so I returned it and got my money back. It might work with some vpns but I'm not going to cough up for the game and try again.

2 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Here in Cambodia, I'm stuck with the same problem - Steam refusing to activate the game. I've asked about it many times and never got a positive response. I'm stuck playing older versions of the game. It's supposed to be possible to activate using a vpn but I did try that when FM22 came out and it didn't work so I returned it and got my money back. It might work with some vpns but I'm not going to cough up for the game and try again.

On Steam? Yeah, a VPN alone almost certainly won't be good enough. You need to have a payment method for another region setup in order to change store region.

I had the same issue with FM17? It wasn't available in Japan so I had to get somebody in England to log onto Steam for me and go through with an actual purchase on the English store to switch Steam over so the game could be registered.

What bothers me most is that within 3 weeks or so ALL Brazilian teams AND players can be found in a database someone created. For me, they could delete the league entirely and sell it as DLC if they prefer. This might upset some people, but it wouldn´t change much either way.