Tycoon takeovers too many

48 minutes ago, XaW said:

I'm 2,300 hours in and I've never gotten one...

Not quite that many hours, but I've never had one either. A couple of takeovers that cleared some debt, but no tycoons, no sugar-daddies :(

2 minutes ago, warlock said:

Not quite that many hours, but I've never had one either. A couple of takeovers that cleared some debt, but no tycoons, no sugar-daddies :(

Yeah, had a couple of consortiums and loads of local businessmen and directors, even a couple of fans trusts, but no tycoons.

I've been playing since FM13 (skipped FM14 and 15 because I was a skint undergrad at that time, but have hundreds of hours on every subsequent edition), and have had one tycoon takeover ever. I'd be interested to see how often non-player controlled teams get one, but my instinct from all the leagues I've played in is that they're not excessive.

11 hours ago, Mcfc1894 said:

Does anyone think they are to many happening on fm22 that it takes away a lot of excitement of being owned by one 

I suppose the question here is who is it that you're finding is getting taken over, and in what context? I've not played a lot of FM since the update following the war in Ukraine. But is it Chelsea who you are seeing always get taken over?
Because since Abramovich got sanctioned, they always get taken over with one season right? And since they're, yano, Chelsea, I imagine the probability of a high-investment takeover is higher than it is for a normal club? I mean, irl, they're about to be brought by Todd Boehly for £4bn.

Looking at my save, compared to the original database I've actually lost a lot of tycoons. So, no I wouldn't say there's too many tycoon takeovers. Unless you play in Belgium, that seems to be an absolute tycoon hotspot for some reason.

6 hours ago, Freakiie said:

Looking at my save, compared to the original database I've actually lost a lot of tycoons. So, no I wouldn't say there's too many tycoon takeovers. Unless you play in Belgium, that seems to be an absolute tycoon hotspot for some reason.

Agree with you on Belgium. In my save where I loaded lots of leagues, I'm currently in 2045 in Arsenal and for the Belgian League; Beerschot VA, Westerlo and Zulte Waregem have all had tycoon takeovers.

Also, I think the reason why there are lots of tycoon takeovers in Belgium is due to the fact that there's an edt file in game called "valid_takeovers_only.edt" that restricts the type of takeovers that can happen in a country; and for Belgium's case, all types of takeovers expect for Tycoon takeovers are restricted.

20 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

I'm in 2042 with tycoons at KV Kortrijk, Antwerp, Cercle Brugge, Charleroi and Westerlo. :lol:

Despite this though, Anderlecht is still completely dominating the Belgian league, only missing out on 3 titles so far.

In mine, since 2028, the league has been dominated by the 3 teams I mentioned. I always enjoy it when you reach a point in your save that you start getting £70-£80 million bids, for your players, from  teams like Westerlo and Charleroi 😂😂

2 minutes ago, obasa_G said:

In mine, since 2028, the league has been dominated by the 3 teams I mentioned. I always enjoy it when you reach a point in your save that you start getting £70-£80 million bids, for your players, from  teams like Westerlo and Charleroi 😂😂

Theoretically all these clubs have 20 resource sugar daddies and Cercle had a foreground one for a couple years now, but he isn't splashing the cash that madly. Kortrijk has a background one that definitely upped their budgets quite a bit, but also nothing as crazy as you're seeing. Antwerp one is really new, so will see what he does, he's also a foreground one. The other two have been around for a while, but barely spent any money over the years.

On 27/05/2022 at 22:14, Mcfc1894 said:

Does anyone think they are to many happening on fm22 that it takes away a lot of excitement of being owned by one 

The irony of this coming from a Man City supporter lol.

In all seriousness though, I don't recall seeing any in my current save and I'm almost at the end of the 4th season.

On 28/05/2022 at 20:13, Welshace said:

in fm22 im at around 1500 hours.... not had a tycoon takeover once myself... and rarely see one for other teams either..

how much are you seeing OP? might help to give us some context here.

ill try post some screenshots when i get back on FM I've seen much more than i usually do in fm but i do have a large game save so maybe that has an effect 

• 2 months later...