Got into the premiership somehow wasn't expecting it panic mode ensued.

jayme87

So 4 seasons into my beloved Barrow save somehow have been promoted to the premier league.

Panic mode has ensued now, i did not plan for this and now i have a team who played really well in the championship but feel like they will struggle for sure in the premier league.

Some Info:

Wages for the season were 62k per week 2nd season in championship, was expected to finish 24th even though i finished a respectable 8th the season before.

Since promotion i have been given £330k per week and a transfer budget of £26 million

issues have began since most of my players who played well last season want improved contracts.

here are a few players i would like some opinions on:

Robbie cundy

https://gyazo.com/aeb59b24d760b59b0925246cac8d058d

seems to want around 15k per week, and tbh his performances last two seasons have been exceptional but i feel like he is probably not premier league standard, coaches seem to think he good sky bet league 1 player.. I feel like he wont be happy being a backup either so probably best to get rid?

Jack harper

https://gyazo.com/4252fe539f6f7561cac30eb131072f6f

picked him up on a free at the end of his contract, he done pretty well towards the end of the season on either wing or as a striker backup to isacc olafe who has been immense for a few seasons for us, He wants around 32k per week and he wants to considered an important player but im not sure he is premier league standard and the wages he wants seems a bit high? would you get rid?

robbie gotts

https://gyazo.com/8dc5d84b2631913dc0318b595f5de87a

wants improved contract and wants to be considered an important player still. not sure again he is premier league quality. think i may offload him and look to bring in someone a with a bit more potential.

Problem is getting players who want to play for me and who are of decent/ better quality than these players. maybe i am setting myself up to fail with trying to make a huge overhaul of the squad?

have also made a mistake of loaning some players for next season and the rules is confusing me , says only allowed 4 domestic based players on long term loans in a season and only a maximum of 2 domesic based long term loans at one time, what happens then? do i only get to register two or what? any help on this front greatly appreciated.

thanks again , regards, jamie

I would say you need to make a decision on your goals... those players you listed above seem so far off the premier league mark standard for me it might be worth considering whether you want to bank the money, maybe buy a few youngsters and resign yourself to fighting hard but going back down to develop and consolidate....   

or.. buy a few key players that you think will get you safe from relegation and hope for the best?

• 3 months later...
On 27/05/2022 at 13:47, jayme87 said:

have also made a mistake of loaning some players for next season and the rules is confusing me , says only allowed 4 domestic based players on long term loans in a season and only a maximum of 2 domesic based long term loans at one time, what happens then? do i only get to register two or what? any help on this front greatly appreciated.

Correct - you can only have 2 DOMESTIC players on loan in your squad.   you can have 4 over the course of the seasons.  which would mean loaning 2 for first half of season, sending them back to their club and then loaning 2 different players for second half.

there is no limit on FOREIGN loans.  theoretically your entire squad could be on load (of course they'd have to meet the HG registration rules)

if you have signed 4 DOMESTIC based (their club not the player's nationality) your best option is either to send 2 back or buy them.