Reputation Counts for Nothing..Another England Story

mark wilson27

July 5th 2021:

After Gareth Southgate left his role as England manager I was offered the role after several top names couldn't deal with the joys of the English press.

The FA stated that they obviously wanted to qualify for the World Cup and will reserve their judgement of me until we have played a few matches.

We have currently played three matches and sit top of the table with three wins out of three scoring six goals and conceding none.

The press have asked how I will be picking the squad and I have told them it will be by form and not by reputation.

We currently sit 4th in the World Rankings

August 26th:

I now have to pick my first squad for the triple header against Andorra (156), Albania (65) and Poland (21). The squad is as follows:

| Name                   | Position         | Club        | Age         | Caps        | Goals       | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Sam Johnstone          | GK               | West Brom   | 28          | 1           | -           | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Dean Henderson         | GK               | Man UFC     | 24          | 1           | -           | 
| Aaron Ramsdale         | GK               | Arsenal     | 23          | 0           | -           | 
| Fikayo Tomori          | D (C)            | Milan       | 23          | 1           | -           | 
| Rob Holding            | D (C)            | Arsenal     | 25          | 0           | -           | 
| Tyrone Mings           | D (LC)           | Aston Villa | 28          | 13          | -           | 
| James Tavernier        | D/WB (R)         | Rangers     | 29          | 0           | -           | 
| Max Aarons             | D/WB (R)         | Norwich     | 21          | 0           | -           | 
| Trent Alexander-Arnold | D/WB (R), M (RC) | Liverpool   | 22          | 13          | 1           | 
| Charlie Taylor         | D/WB (L)         | Burnley     | 27          | 0           | -           | 
| Brandon Williams       | D (RL), WB (L)   | Norwich     | 20          | 0           | -           | 
| Oliver Skipp           | DM, M (C)        | Tottenham   | 20          | 0           | -           | 
| James Ward-Prowse      | DM, M (C)        | Southampton | 26          | 8           | 1           | 
| Jacob Ramsey           | M/AM (C)         | Aston Villa | 20          | 0           | -           | 
| Jack Grealish          | M/AM (RLC)       | Man City    | 25          | 12          | -           | 
| Jadon Sancho           | M/AM (RL)        | Man UFC     | 21          | 22          | 3           | 
| Jarrod Bowen           | M (RL), AM (RLC) | West Ham    | 24          | 0           | -           | 
| Emile Smith Rowe       | AM (RLC)         | Arsenal     | 21          | 0           | -           | 
| Bukayo Saka            | AM (RL)          | Arsenal     | 19          | 9           | 1           | 
| Harry Kane             | AM (C), ST (C)   | Tottenham   | 28          | 61          | 38          | 
| Stephy Mavididi        | AM (L), ST (C)   | Montpellier | 23          | 0           | -           | 
| Ollie Watkins          | AM (RL), ST (C)  | Aston Villa | 25          | 3           | 1           | 
| Tammy Abraham          | ST (C)           | Roma        | 23          | 6           | 1           | 

19 minutes ago, neilhoskins77 said:

Are you a newbie? Have you read the House Rules? ;)

Yes, I made sure I read them like all newbies should ;)

Just to clarify, No screenshots are allows??

1 hour ago, mark wilson27 said:

Yes, I made sure I read them like all newbies should ;)

Just to clarify, No screenshots are allows??

Only Manchester City, Liverpool, Leeds United & Scotland stories are acceptable haha.

Good luck with the new story mate. 

I've done a Liverpool one and  Scotland one...Cant bring myself to do a Man. City one. I wont even speak about Leeds :lol:

September 1st:

Andorra (a) World Cup Qual. Grp I (4/10)

So my first competitive game and boom it started well as on the 2nd minute J.Sancho hit home from close range. Two minutes later we added another goal as H.Kane headed in a J.Ward-Prowse cross. We were flying and on the 7th minute H.Kane grabbed his second of the game with a low shot into the bottom corner. It got even better on the 15th minute after B.Saka was brought down in the area and H.Kane fired in from the penalty spot to complete his hat-trick. Ten minutes layer it was five nil as J.Grealish curled the ball in off the upright from just outside the area. Straight from kick off we added another goal as B.Saka played a one two with H.Kane and slotted in under the keeper. On the 31st minute a corner from J.Ward-Prowse was headed in by T.Mings. Four minutes later H.Kane grabbed his fourth goal with a brave header from a J.Sancho cross. With a minute remaining in the half we added ninth goal as H.Kane fired in from the penalty spot after his initial effort was handled.

The second half was much the same as we carried on the attacking pressure. Nine minutes into the half I made a trio of changes as J.Bowen, S.Mavididi and T.Abraham came on for B.Saka, J.Sancho and H.Kane. On the 55th minute T.Abraham added a goal with his first touch of the game as he fired in low from just inside the area. It got even better for T.Abraham as on the 69th minute he jinked into the area and fired in off the upright. We were unrelenting and on the 75th minute we grabbed another goal with T.Abraham firing into the top corner to give the keeper no chance and to complete his hat-trick. Three minutes later yet another goal was scored with F.Tomori grabbing a goal with a brilliant looping header over the keeper. With eight minutes remaining in the game we added yet another goal as S.Mavididi dinked the ball over the keeper after spotting him off his line. Straight after the goal I made a change as J.Grealish came off and O.Skipp came on. With three minutes remaining we added the final goal of the rout as S.Mavididi fired in his second of the game. Wow what a first game in my managerial career

Andorra 0-15 England J.Sancho 2, H.Kane 4,7,15 pen, 35, 44 pen, J.Grealish 25, B.Saka 26, T.Mings 31, T.Abraham 55, 69, 75, F.Tomori 78, S.Mavididi 82, 87

A.Ramsdale, T.Alexander-Arnold, F.Tomori, T.Mings, B.Williams, E.Smith Rowe, J.Ward-Prowse, J.Grealish (82-O.Skipp), B.Saka (54-J.Bowen), J.Sancho (54-S.Mavididi), H.Kane (54-T.Abraham)

Other Grp I Results:

Albania 2-2 Hungary, Poland 5-0 San Marino

I was informed after the win that this result was the biggest World Cup Qual (EUR) win beating Germany's 12-0 win over Cyprus in 1969. Also it was England's biggest win when we beat Ireland 13-0 (Pre-1922)

September 4th:

Albania (h) World Cup Qual. Grp I (5/10)

Another good start saw us taking the lead on the 3rd minute as H.Kane headed in from a J.Ward-Prowse cross. Eight minutes later we came close to another goal with J.Sancho threading the ball to the feet B.Saka but his final effort went wide of the post. On the 17th minute we grabbed a second goal as H.Kane played a one two with O.Skipp and slotted in under the keeper. We were in complete control however we couldn't finish any of our attacks in the first half.

The second half was more of a training match as my players seemed to relax. Luckily for us Albania weren't up to much and offered in the little in the way of attacks. There was one last goal in the as on the stroke of full time J.Sancho curled the ball in from the edge of the area to give us a three goal win. However we should have scored a lot more. I was far from impressed

England 3-0 Albania H.Kane 3, 17, J.Sancho 90

A.Ramsdale, T.Alexander-Arnold (49-J.Tavernier), F.Tomori, R.Holding, C.Taylor, J.Grealish (49-S.Mavididi), O.Skipp, J.Ward-Prowse, B.Saka (87-E.Smith Rowe), J.Sancho, H.Kane (71-T.Abraham)

Other Grp I Results:

Andorra 0-9 Poland, Hungary 11-0 San Marino

September 7th:

Poland (h) World Cup Qual. Grp I (6/10)

A poor start saw us going a goal down in the 6th minute as P.Frankowski ran through my defence with far too much ease and fired under A.Ramsdale. Ten minutes later they had another chance with a long range effort which was blocked off the line by F.Tomori. On the 21st minute we went a further goal down with J.Kaminski heading in from a cross with my defence stood their like statues. Just after the half hour we finally had our first chance as J.Ward-Prowse crossed into the area but H.Kane failed to connect with the header.

The second half was five minutes old when we grabbed a goal back as H.Kane ran onto an E.Smith-Rowe through-ball and fired past the Polish keeper. On the 54th minute I made a change as J.Tavernier came on T.Alexander-Arnold. Eleven minutes later I made another change with J.Bowen coming on for E.Smith-Rowe. After the change we had another chance to score with J.Grealish stinging the fingers of the keeper. On the 73rd minute we grabbed the equaliser with F.Tomori heading in from a J.Grealish corner after T.Abraham's initial was well saved. With five minutes remaining in the game we had the chance to grab the winner with a powerful effort from J.Ward-Prowse which bounced off the line from crossbar

England 2-2 Poland H.Kane 50, F.Tomori 73 / P.Frankowski 6, J.Kaminski 21

A.Ramsdale, T.Alexander-Arnold (54-J.Tavernier), F.Tomori, T.Mings, M.Aarons, E.Smith Rowe (65-J.Bowen), J.Ramsey, J.Ward-Prowse, B.Saka (79-O.Watkins), J.Grealish, H.Kane (71-T.Abraham)

Other Grp I Results:

Hungary 13-0 Andorra, San Marino 0-6 Albania

The triple header sees us top of the table on 16pts against second placed Poland on 13pts. Hungary and Albania are both on 10pts

October 1st:

Its now time for the next two games of the World Cup Qualifying against San Marino (209) and Hungary (38)

The Squad is as follows:

| Name                   | Position         | Club              | Age         | Caps        | Goals       | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Fraser Forster         | GK               | Southampton       | 33          | 6           | -           | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Dean Henderson         | GK               | Man UFC           | 24          | 1           | -           | 
| Aaron Ramsdale         | GK               | Arsenal           | 23          | 3           | -           | 
| Fikayo Tomori          | D (C)            | Milan             | 23          | 4           | 2           | 
| Rob Holding            | D (C)            | Arsenal           | 26          | 1           | -           | 
| Chris Smalling         | D (C)            | Roma              | 31          | 31          | 1           | 
| Tyrone Mings           | D (LC)           | Aston Villa       | 28          | 15          | 1           | 
| Kyle Walker            | D/WB (R)         | Man City          | 31          | 61          | -           | 
| Max Aarons             | D/WB (R)         | Norwich           | 21          | 1           | -           | 
| Declan Rice            | D (C), DM, M (C) | West Ham          | 22          | 24          | 1           | 
| Ainsley Maitland-Niles | D/WB (RL), M (C) | Roma              | 24          | 5           | -           | 
| James Ward-Prowse      | DM, M (C)        | Southampton       | 26          | 11          | 1           | 
| Jude Bellingham        | DM, M (C)        | Borussia Dortmund | 18          | 7           | -           | 
| Raheem Sterling        | M/AM (RL)        | Man City          | 26          | 68          | 17          | 
| Harvey Barnes          | M (L), AM (RLC)  | Leicester         | 23          | 1           | -           | 
| Jadon Sancho           | M/AM (RL)        | Man UFC           | 21          | 24          | 5           | 
| Phil Foden             | M (C), AM (RLC)  | Man City          | 21          | 9           | 2           | 
| Emile Smith Rowe       | AM (RLC)         | Arsenal           | 21          | 3           | -           | 
| Bukayo Saka            | AM (RL)          | Arsenal           | 20          | 12          | 2           | 
| Harry Kane             | AM (C), ST (C)   | Tottenham         | 28          | 64          | 46          | 
| Stephy Mavididi        | AM (L), ST (C)   | Montpellier       | 23          | 2           | 2           | 
| Ollie Watkins          | AM (RL), ST (C)  | Aston Villa       | 25          | 4           | 1           | 
| Tammy Abraham          | ST (C)           | Roma              | 23          | 9           | 4           | 

After the squad announcement I was called by J.Grealish and T.Alexander-Arnold asking why I hadn't picked them in the squad. I told them that if they improve their form in the next few weeks they might get into the squad for the November internationals.

October 9th:

San Marino (a) World Cup Qual. Grp I (7/10)

We now faced group whipping boys San Marino and we made sure we continued that trend and on the 11th minute we took the lead as J.Ward-Prowse crossed into the area for R.Sterling to volley into the net. Nine minutes later we grabbed another goal with R.Sterling grabbing his second of the game with a low shot. On the 23rd minute we made it three nil as T.Abraham fired in a low cross from J.Ward-Prowse. Eleven minutes later we grabbed our next goal with T.Abraham heading in a D.Rice cross. Just before the break we had another chance with R.Sterling hitting the upright from ten yards.

The second half was three minutes old when T.Abraham completed his hat-trick with a fine strike from just inside the area. On the 54th minute T.Abraham grabbed yet another goal with a simple tap in after H.Barnes threaded the ball between the defence. Five minutes later another player completed his hat-trick as R.Sterling fired in from six yards after running through the defence with ease. On the 65th minute we were awarded a penalty after J.Ward-Prowse was hauled down in the area, T.Abraham stepped up and fired in his fifth of the game. Nine minutes later we grabbed goal number nine as H.Barnes dinked the ball over the San Marino keeper after spotting him off the line. Their was one more goal in the game as on the 76th minute B.Saka gave us our tenth goal of the game with a brilliant solo goal

San Marino 0-10 R.Sterling 11, 20, 59, T.Abraham 23, 34, 48, 54, 65 pen, H.Barnes 74, B.Saka 76

D.Henderson, K.Walker, F.Tomori, C.Smalling, A.Maitland-Niles, H.Barnes, D.Rice, J.Ward-Prowse, B.Saka, R.Sterling, T.Abraham

Other Grp I Results:

Albania 7-0 Andorra, Poland 1-1 Hungary

October 13th:

Hungary (h) World Cup Qual. Grp I (8/10)

A cracking start saw us taking the lead after two minutes as T.Mings headed in a J.Bellingham cross. Eight minutes later we had another chance to score with a low shot from H.Kane which clipped off the upright. On the 16th minute it was two nil with R.Sterling jinking through the defence with real ease and wasting no time in firing past the keeper. Just before the half hour it was three nil as H.Kane rose above the defence and headed in a J.Sancho corner after his initial effort was tipped round the post.

The second half was nine minutes old when I made a few changes as R.Holding, E.Smith-Rowe and T.Abraham all coming on in place of T.Mings, J.Sancho and H.Kane. On the 65th minute we scored our next goal with R.Sterling scoring his second of the game with a shot which flew into the top corner. Five minutes later Sterling completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot after D.Rice was brought down in the area. On the 75th minute I made my final change as B.Saka came on for hat-trick hero R.Sterling. With eight minutes remaining in the game we came close to scoring a sixth goal with T.Abraham firing just over the crossbar from ten yards when it was easier to score

England 5-0 Hungary T.Mings 2, R.Sterling 16, 65, 70 pen, H.Kane 29

A.Ramsdale, K.Walker, F.Tomori, T.Mings (54-R.Holding), A.Maitland-Niles, P.Foden, J.Bellingham, D.Rice, J.Sancho (54-E.Smith-Rowe), R.Sterling (75-B.Saka), H.Kane (54-T.Abraham)

Other Grp I Results:

Andorra 2-0 San Marino, Poland 1-0 Albania

After the two games we are guaranteed to be in the Play-offs for the World Cup

November 3rd:

Its time for the final two games of the World Cup Qualifying so I need to pick the squad for the games against Andorra (156) and Poland (21). The squad is as follows:

| Name                   | Position            | Club              | Age         | Caps        | Goals       | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Fraser Forster         | GK                  | Southampton       | 33          | 6           | -           | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Sam Johnstone          | GK                  | West Brom         | 28          | 1           | -           | 
| Aaron Ramsdale         | GK                  | Arsenal           | 23          | 4           | -           | 
| Rob Holding            | D (C)               | Arsenal           | 26          | 2           | -           | 
| Ezri Konsa             | D (C)               | Aston Villa       | 24          | 0           | -           | 
| Chris Smalling         | D (C)               | Roma              | 31          | 32          | 1           | 
| Kyle Walker            | D/WB (R)            | Man City          | 31          | 63          | -           | 
| James Tavernier        | D/WB (R)            | Rangers           | 30          | 2           | -           | 
| Max Aarons             | D/WB (R)            | Norwich           | 21          | 1           | -           | 
| Trevoh Chalobah        | D (C), DM, M (C)    | Chelsea           | 22          | 0           | -           | 
| Trent Alexander-Arnold | D/WB (R), M (RC)    | Liverpool         | 23          | 16          | 1           | 
| Ben Chilwell           | D/WB (L)            | Chelsea           | 24          | 14          | -           | 
| James Ward-Prowse      | DM, M (C)           | Southampton       | 27          | 12          | 1           | 
| Jude Bellingham        | DM, M (C)           | Borussia Dortmund | 18          | 8           | -           | 
| Jack Wilshere          | DM, M (C), AM (RLC) | AGF               | 29          | 34          | 2           | 
| Jack Grealish          | M/AM (RLC)          | Man City          | 26          | 15          | 1           | 
| Harvey Barnes          | M (L), AM (RLC)     | Leicester         | 23          | 2           | 1           | 
| Phil Foden             | M (C), AM (RLC)     | Man City          | 21          | 10          | 2           | 
| Harry Kane             | AM (C), ST (C)      | Tottenham         | 28          | 65          | 47          | 
| Stephy Mavididi        | AM (L), ST (C)      | Montpellier       | 23          | 2           | 2           | 
| Marcus Rashford        | AM (L), ST (C)      | Man UFC           | 24          | 46          | 12          | 
| Ollie Watkins          | AM (RL), ST (C)     | Aston Villa       | 25          | 4           | 1           | 
| Tammy Abraham          | ST (C)              | Roma              | 24          | 11          | 9           | 

After the announcement I have been contacted by R.Sterling and J.Sancho asking why I haven't included them in the squad. I told them both to knuckle down and get back into form and I might pick them next time

November 11th:

Andorra (h) World Cup Qual. Grp I (9/10)

An absolute thrashing is all I can say as within three minutes we had taken the lead with J.Grealish lashing in from the corner of the area. On the 10th minute it was 2-0 with H.Kane running through the defence and firing under the keeper, straight from kick off it was 3-0 as M.Rashford headed in a J.Ward-Prowse cross. Their was a lull in scoring as it took till the 22nd minute for the next goal as H.Kane fired in from the penalty spot after his initial effort was handled. Five minutes later we grabbed another goal with M.Rashford grabbing his second of the game with a low shot. It was too easy and on the 34th minute J.Grealish grabbed his second with a powerful strike which gave the keeper no chance of saving. Two minutes later it was C.Smalling's turn as he headed in a J.Ward-Prowse free-kick after H.Kane was fouled. On the 38th minute H.Kane completed his hat-trick with a fine solo effort from the byline. With four minutes remaining in the half H.Kane grabbed yet another goal with a brave header from another J.Ward-Prowse cross. On the stroke of half time another player grabbed his hat-trick as M.Rashford tapped in from six yards after some woeful defending.

The second half started quickly as within two minutes P.Foden grabbed his first of the game with a low shot into the bottom corner, straight from kick off we added yet another as H.Kane grabbed his fifth of the game from close range after some great play. Andorra woke up for a minute as again straight from kick a goal was scored as R.Alvarez slotted in after the defence seemed to fall asleep. On the 55th minute we scored again as T.Abraham fired in off the upright after a great team move split the defence apart, again straight from kick we intercepted the ball and O.Watkins got his first of the game. On the 59th minute T.Abraham headed in his second of the game after a brilliant cross from J.Ward-Prowse. Five minutes later O.Watkins scored his second as he played a one two with T.Abraham to tap in under the keeper. It was pure showboating now and T.Abraham grabbed his hat-trick on the 70th minute as he ran through the defence and dinked the ball over the keeper. We had to wait till the 85th minute for the next goal as O.Watkins completed his hat-trick with simple effort after the Andorran defence had all but given in. Their was one final goal in the game as deep into injury time O.Watkins grabbed his fourth of the game as he broke through the defence with so much ease and rounded the keeper to fire into an empty net.

England 19-1 Andorra J.Grealish 3, 34, H.Kane 10, 22 pen, 38, 41, 48, M.Rashford 11, 27, 45, C.Smalling 36, P.Foden 47, T.Abraham 55, 59, 70, O.Watkins 56, 64, 85, 90+2 / R.Alvarez 49

A.Ramsdale, T.Alexander-Arnold, T.Chalobah, C.Smalling, B.Chilwell, J.Grealish (49-J.Wilshere), J.Bellingham, J.Ward-Prowse, P.Foden, M.Rashford (49-T.Abraham), H.Kane (49-O.Watkins)

Other Group I Results:

Hungary 2-0 Albania, San Marino 0-8 Poland

The result sees us qualifying for the World Cup 2022

The result beats our previous record as the biggest victory in the World Cup (EUR) qualifying

November 14th:

Poland (a) World Cup Qual. Grp I (10/10)

Compared to the last game this was a real dire start to proceedings. The first half saw very little in the way of action as neither my side or the Polish side came close to an effort on goal. The second half was alittle better. Nine minutes into the half I made a couple of changes as J.Wilshere and O.Watkins came on for J.Grealish and J.Bellingham. On the 68th minute the first goal was scored as P.Frankowski headed in past A.Ramsdale who was slow to react. Four minutes later I made another change as T.Abraham came on for the ineffective H.Kane. With four minutes left in the game I was forced into a change as S.Mavididi came on for the injured J.Ward-Prowse. The change seemed to work as S.Mavididi threaded the ball to the feet of P.Foden who lashed it past the keeper to silence the home fans. However the silence didn't last long as a dire pass by T.Chalobah was intercepted and K.Jozwiak fired in the winner for Poland. My first loss as manager and I was far from happy with the sides overall performance, maybe the Andorra thrashing wasn't of much help to us.

Poland 2-1 England P.Frankowski 68, K.Jozwiak 90 / P.Foden 88

A.Ramsdale, K.Walker, T.Chalobah, C.Smalling, B.Chilwell, J.Grealish (54-J.Wilshere), J.Ward-Prowse (inj 86-S.Mavididi), J.Bellingham (54-O.Watkins), P.Foden, M.Rashford, H.Kane (72-T.Abraham)

Other Grp I Results:

Albania 8-0 San Marino, Andorra 0-3 Hungary

We have finished top of our group with Poland in the play-off spots

Now we have a break till March where I will be organising a couple of friendlies

2022:

March 16th:

Its time to pick the squad for a friendly double header against Holland (11) and Croatia (14). The squad is as follows:

| Name                   | Position                | Club                 | Age         | Caps        | Goals       | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Fraser Forster         | GK                      | Southampton          | 33          | 6           | -           | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Jordan Pickford        | GK                      | Everton              | 28          | 38          | -           | 
| Aaron Ramsdale         | GK                      | Arsenal              | 23          | 6           | -           | 
| Rob Holding            | D (C)                   | Arsenal              | 26          | 2           | -           | 
| Ezri Konsa             | D (C)                   | Aston Villa          | 24          | 0           | -           | 
| Chris Smalling         | D (C)                   | Roma                 | 32          | 34          | 2           | 
| Kyle Walker            | D/WB (R)                | Man City             | 31          | 64          | -           | 
| James Tavernier        | D/WB (R)                | Rangers              | 30          | 2           | -           | 
| Trevoh Chalobah        | D (C), DM, M (C)        | Chelsea              | 22          | 2           | -           | 
| Trent Alexander-Arnold | D/WB (R), M (RC)        | Liverpool            | 23          | 17          | 1           | 
| Declan Rice            | D (C), DM, M (C)        | West Ham             | 23          | 26          | 1           | 
| Ben Chilwell           | D/WB (L)                | Chelsea              | 25          | 16          | -           | 
| Jude Bellingham        | DM, M (C)               | Borussia Dortmund    | 18          | 10          | -           | 
| Raheem Sterling        | M/AM (RL)               | Man City             | 27          | 70          | 23          | 
| Marcus Rashford        | M (L), AM (RL), ST (C)  | Man UFC              | 24          | 48          | 15          | 
| Jadon Sancho           | M/AM (RL)               | Man UFC              | 21          | 25          | 5           | 
| Phil Foden             | M (C), AM (RLC), ST (C) | Man City             | 21          | 12          | 4           | 
| Bukayo Saka            | AM (RL)                 | Arsenal              | 20          | 14          | 3           | 
| Jamie Bynoe-Gittens    | AM (RL)                 | Borussia Dortmund II | 17          | 0           | -           | 
| Harry Kane             | AM (C), ST (C)          | Tottenham            | 28          | 67          | 52          | 
| Stephy Mavididi        | AM (L), ST (C)          | Montpellier          | 23          | 3           | 2           | 
| Dominic Calvert-Lewin  | AM (L), ST (C)          | Everton              | 25          | 11          | 4           | 
| Tammy Abraham          | ST (C)                  | Roma                 | 24          | 13          | 12          | 

March 20th:

Injury news sees B.Chilwell out for three weeks therefore missing the two friendlies. I decided not to bother with a replacement.

Well, after a performance like that, surely it's time for another Mark Wilson England stor... oh, wait, here it is. :lol:

19-1 vs Andorra! :eek: I think the biggest win I've ever had with England was a pathetic little 8-0. :D

Carry on, sir. You can't be any worse than the current boss. :p

Chris - A 19-1 win was a surprise. Its the biggest win I've had in the all the time I've managed on all forms of this game.

March 23rd:

Holland (h) Friendly

Two minutes into the game Holland grabbed the lead with S.Mendes running into the area with ease and fired past J.Pickford. On the 9th minute they had another chance but this time J.Pickford was on hand to block the effort. Five minutes later we pulled a goal back as M.Rashford ran onto a R.Sterling through-ball and fired past the keeper. On the 20th minute we took the lead as E.Konsa rose above the defence and headed a J.Bellingham corner past the keeper. We were controlling the game now and on the 32nd minute we had another chance to score with a long range effort from M.Rashford which rattled the crossbar. Just before the break Holland came close to levelling the tie with a well worked team move which was thwarted by K.Walker sliding in at the last minute.

The second half saw me make several changes with A.Ramsdale, R.Holding, D.Rice, S.Mavididi and H.Kane all coming on. The half was four minutes old when we added a third goal against the Dutch as C.Smalling headed in bravely from close range after R.Sterling's free-kick eluded the Dutch defence. On the 59th minute we made it 4-1 as R.Sterling ran through the Dutch defence with real ease and dinked the ball over the onrushing keeper. Ten minutes later I made my final change as J.Sancho came on for P.Foden. However on the 75th minute we let ourselves down as S.Mendes beat A.Ramsdale o a back pass form C.Smalling and fired into the net., but we had done enough in the game to claim the win

England 4-2 Holland M.Rashford 14, E.Konsa 20, C.Smalling 49, R.Sterling 59 / S.Mendes 2, 75

J.Pickford (45-A.Ramsdale), K.Walker, C.Smalling, E.Konza (45-R.Holding), L.Shaw, P.Foden (69-J.Sancho), J.Bellingham (45-D.Rice), T.Chalobah, R.Sterling, B.Saka (45-S.Mavididi), M.Rashford (45-H.Kane)

March 26th:

Croatia (a) Friendly

The next friendly and I made a few changes however it seemed to backfire as the players that came in didn't perform. Croatia were by far the better team and on the 27th minute they finally broke the deadlock as A.Rebic slotted in from close range after some woeful defending. Ten minutes later they had another chance with a thunderous effort which had A.Ramsdale at full stretch to save.

I made a few changes at half time with F.Forster, J.Tavernier, T.Chalobah, B.Saka and T.Abraham all coming on. Nine minutes into the half we pulled level as T.Abraham ran onto a R.Sterling through-ball and wasted no time in firing past the keeper. However after the goal we reverted back to our first half performance as Croatia began to dominate again. On the 72nd minute they had another chance to score as they broke through the defence and fired with pace past F.Forster who stood no chance. With six minutes remaining in the game Croatia grabbed the win they deserved as M.Pjaca slotted in from ten yards but in truth they deserved a lot more goals.

Croatia 2-1 England A.Rebic 27, M.Pjaca 84 / T.Abraham 54

A.Ramsdale (45-F.Forster), T.Alexander-Arnold, E.Konsa, C.Smalling, L.Shaw (45-J.Tavernier), P.Foden (45-T.Chalobah), J.Bellingham (45-B.Saka), D.Rice (69-D.Calvert-Lewin), R.Sterling, M.Rashford, H.Kane (45-T.Abraham)

April 22nd:

The draw for the European International League sees us drawn in Division A Group 3 against Czech Republic, Switzerland and Germany

May 27th:

Its time for me to choose the squad for the four games in the European International League against Switzerland (14) who we play twice, Czech Republic (42) and Germany (11).

The squad is as follows:

| Team  | Inf   | Name                   | Position                | Club              | Last 5 Games | CON       | SHP   | Apps  | Gls   | Av Rat| 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Main  |       | Jordan Pickford        | GK                      | Everton           | 7.26         | Excellent |       | 41    | 0     | 6.96  | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Main  |       | Dean Henderson         | GK                      | Man UFC           | 7.22         | Peak      |       | 11    | 0     | 7.04  | 
| Main  |       | Aaron Ramsdale         | GK                      | Arsenal           | 7.24         | Excellent |       | 44 (1)| 0     | 7.37  | 
| Main  |       | Phil Jones             | D (C)                   | AS Monaco         | 7.46         | Peak      |       | 4 (6) | 0     | 7.37  | 
| Main  | Wnt   | John Stones            | D (C)                   | Man City          | 7.56         | Excellent |       | 11 (6)| 0     | 7.21  | 
| Main  |       | Ezri Konsa             | D (C)                   | Aston Villa       | 7.02         | Excellent |       | 37 (1)| 1     | 7.18  | 
| Main  | Wnt   | Eric Dier              | D (C)                   | Tottenham         | 7.20         | Excellent |       | 41 (5)| 1     | 7.17  | 
| Main  | Wnt   | Kyle Walker            | D/WB (R)                | Man City          | 7.28         | Excellent |       | 40 (2)| 0     | 7.25  | 
| Main  |       | James Tavernier        | D/WB (R)                | Rangers           | 7.04         | Excellent |       | 40    | 4     | 7.11  | 
| Main  |       | Trent Alexander-Arnold | D/WB (R), M (RC)        | Liverpool         | 7.44         | Peak      |       | 42 (6)| 1     | 7.25  | 
| Main  |       | Declan Rice            | D (C), DM, M (C)        | West Ham          | 7.38         | Excellent |       | 49    | 6     | 7.29  | 
| Main  |       | Benjamin White         | D (C), DM               | Arsenal           | 7.34         | Excellent |       | 42 (1)| 2     | 7.15  | 
| Main  |       | Ben Chilwell           | D/WB (L)                | Chelsea           | 6.94         | Peak      |       | 41 (3)| 1     | 7.04  | 
| Main  | Wnt   | Kalvin Phillips        | DM, M (C)               | Leeds             | 6.98         | Excellent |       | 39 (1)| 4     | 7.23  | 
| Main  |       | Jude Bellingham        | DM, M (C)               | Borussia Dortmund | 7.20         | Peak      |       | 36    | 9     | 7.29  | 
| Main  |       | Raheem Sterling        | M/AM (RL)               | Man City          |              | Peak      |       | 45 (2)| 16    | 7.37  | 
| Main  |       | Marcus Rashford        | M (L), AM (RL), ST (C)  | Man UFC           |              | Excellent |       | 37 (3)| 12    | 7.26  | 
| Main  |       | Jadon Sancho           | M/AM (RL)               | Man UFC           |              | Excellent |       | 45 (2)| 15    | 7.31  | 
| Main  |       | Phil Foden             | M (C), AM (RLC), ST (C) | Man City          |              | Excellent |       | 32 (8)| 11    | 7.26  | 
| Main  |       | Bukayo Saka            | AM (RL)                 | Arsenal           |              | Excellent |       | 48    | 18    | 7.35  | 
| Main  | Wnt   | Harry Kane             | AM (C), ST (C)          | Tottenham         |              | Good      |       | 51 (2)| 22    | 7.28  | 
| Main  | Wnt   | Stephy Mavididi        | AM (L), ST (C)          | Montpellier       |              | Peak      |       | 26 (1)| 10    | 7.18  | 
| Main  | Wnt   | Tammy Abraham          | ST (C)                  | Roma              |              | Peak      |       | 43 (2)| 28    | 7.40  | 

Please mind the squad..Screen shotted the wrong page

June 4th:

Switzerland (a) Euro International League Div A Grp 3 (1/6)

A real dire game for the fans who travelled to watch. We were clear favourites but the play was pure rubbish. The first half saw one single effort on goal as H.Kane's effort went high and wide of the post.

The second half was just as bad even with three new players coming into the fold with J.Tavernier, S.Mavididi and M.Rashford all coming on. The final forty five saw not a single effort on goal. Switzerland were happy with the point but I was furious with my players and let them know my thoughts on the game

Switzerland 0-0 England

A.Ramsdale, K.Walker (45-J.Tavernier), J.Stones, E.Konsa, B.Chilwell, P.Foden, K.Phillips, J.Bellingham, R.Sterling (45-S.Mavididi), J.Sancho (45-M.Rashford), H.Kane

Other Grp 3 Result:

Czech Republic 0-2 Germany

June 7th:

Czech Republic (h) Euro International League Div A Grp 3 (2/6)

An entertaining game for the fans as both sides showed some attacking spirit. On the 25th minute we grabbed the lead as B.Saka jinked through the defence and fired under the Czech keeper. However nine minutes later Czech Republic equalised as P.Schick barged into the area and fired past A.Ramsdale. With three minutes remaining in the half we retook the lead as B.Saka hit home from outside the area after spotting the keeper away from his line.

The second half was ten minutes old when I made a couple of changes as J.Sancho and S.Mavididi came on for R.Sterling and H.Kane. On the 56th minute we were awarded a penalty after S.Mavididi was brought down in the area, B.Saka stepped up and fired the penalty in off the upright,. We were starting the control the game but couldn't get past the keeper. Deep into injury time we conceded a second goal as Czech Republic counter attacked us and P.Hlozek headed in. Straight from kick off we let ourselves down as the Czech Republic intercepted the ball and P.Sevcik fired in from six yards to give the Czech Republic a share of the points.

England 3-3 Czech Republic B.Saka 25, 42, 56 pen / P.Schick 34, A.Hlozek 90+4, P.Sevcik 90+5

A.Ramsdale, T.Alexander-Arnold, B.White, E.Dier, B.Chilwell, P.Foden, J.Bellingham, D.Rice, B.Saka, R.Sterling (55-J.Sancho), H.Kane (55-S.Mavididi)

Other Grp 3 Result:

Germany 0-0 Switzerland

June 11th:

Germany (a) Euro International League Div A Grp 3 (3/6)

After letting a two goal lead go in the previous game I was far from happy with my side and let them know we needed a better performance. We did start the better and on the 21st minute we took the lead as B.Saka curled in from outside the area to silence the German crowd. Three minutes later we added a second goal as H.Kane headed in a J.Bellingham cross. We were in control of the game but on the 35th minute a dire defensive error saw F.Braune tapping in from close range.

The second half was much the same as we controlled the play and on the 62nd minute I made a couple of changes as J.Sancho and K.Phillips came on for D.Rice and R.Sterling. Six minutes later I made one more change as M.Rashford came on for P.Foden. On the 74th minute we had another chance with J.Bellingham threading the ball to the feet of H.Kane who lashed the ball wide of the post. With two minutes remaining in the game we grabbed a third goal as J.Sancho hit a thunderous effort into the top corner to give us a well deserved three points.

Germany 1-3 England F.Braune 35 / B.Saka 21, H.Kane 24, J.Sancho 88

A.Ramsdale, T.Alexander-Arnold, J.Stones, E.Dier, B.Chilwell, P.Foden (68-M.Rashford), J.Bellingham, D.Rice (62-J.Sancho), B.Saka, R.Sterling (62-K.Phillips), H.Kane

Other Grp 3 Result:

Czech Republic 2-2 Switzerland

• 3 weeks later...

June 14th:

Switzerland (h) Euro International League Div A Grp 3 (4/6)

Switzerland controlled from the get go and on the 9th minute they had the first chance to score with a low shot which saw A.Ramsdale at full stretch to save. Ten minutes later they had another chance as they broke through the defence but A.Ramsdale again blocked the effort. We were being battered but on the 34th minute a lumped ball up field was volleyed home by H.Kane for a undeserved goal.

During half time I made a change as M.Rashford came on for P.Foden. Nine minutes remaining I made another couple of changes with J.Tavernier and S.Mavididi coming on for K.Walker and H.Kane. Just after the hour mark Switzerland had another chance to score with a team move which ripped us apart but A.Ramsdale saved brilliantly again. On the 76th minute Switzerland were reduced to ten men after S.Widmer was sent off for a rash challenge on J.Sancho. Despite the numeral difference though we failed to register a shot and somehow got away with a win. Switzerland will be wondering how the hell they lost that

England 1-0 Switzerland H.Kane 34

A.Ramsdale, K.Walker (54-J.Tavernier), B.White, D.Rice, B.Chilwell, P.Foden (45-M.Rashford), K.Phillips, J.Bellingham, R.Sterling, J.Sancho, H.Kane (54-S.Mavididi)

Other Grp 3 Result:

Germany 2-0 Czech Republic

With H.Kane scoring he has now become England's all time top scorer surpassing Wayne Rooney's 53 goals

July 9th:

The draw for the World Cup 2022 Group stage sees is in pot one, The draw is as follows:

Group A: Hungary, Poland, Qatar, USA

Group B: Brazil, Croatia, Iran, Ivory Coast

Group C: Chile, Costa Rica, Denmark, England

Group D: Argentina, DR Congo, Holland, Switzerland

Group E: Belgium, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Uruguay

Group F: Australia, Germany, Morocco, Portugal

Group G: Colombia, Honduras, Italy, Sweden

Group H: France, Mexico, Senegal, South Korea

• 3 weeks later...

August 26th:

Its now time to pick the squad for the final two Euro International League ties against Czech Republic (43) and Germany (12). The squad is as follows:

| Name                  | Position                | Club        | Age         | Caps        | Goals       | 
| Jordan Pickford       | GK                      | Everton     | 28          | 39          | -           | 
| Nick Pope             | GK                      | Burnley     | 30          | 7           | -           | 
| Aaron Ramsdale        | GK                      | Arsenal     | 24          | 12          | -           | 
| Conor Coady           | D (C)                   | Wolves      | 29          | 5           | 1           | 
| Fikayo Tomori         | D (C)                   | Milan       | 24          | 6           | 2           | 
| Jamal Baptiste        | D (C)                   | West Ham    | 18          | 0           | -           | 
| Chris Smalling        | D (C)                   | Roma        | 32          | 36          | 3           | 
| Kyle Walker           | D/WB (R)                | Man City    | 32          | 67          | -           | 
| Kieran Trippier       | D/WB (R)                | Newcastle   | 31          | 33          | 1           | 
| Ethan Laird           | D/WB (RL)               | Man UFC     | 21          | 0           | -           | 
| Brandon Williams      | D (RL), WB (L)          | Man UFC     | 21          | 1           | -           | 
| Ben Chilwell          | D/WB (L)                | Chelsea     | 25          | 20          | -           | 
| James Justin          | D (RLC), WB (RL)        | Leicester   | 24          | 0           | -           | 
| Raheem Sterling       | M/AM (RL)               | Man City    | 27          | 76          | 24          | 
| Harvey Barnes         | M (L), AM (RLC)         | Leicester   | 24          | 2           | 1           | 
| Mason Mount           | M (C), AM (RLC)         | Chelsea     | 23          | 21          | 4           | 
| Jadon Sancho          | M/AM (RL)               | Man UFC     | 22          | 30          | 6           | 
| Phil Foden            | M (C), AM (RLC), ST (C) | Man City    | 22          | 18          | 4           | 
| Dele Alli             | M (C), AM (LC), ST (C)  | Everton     | 26          | 37          | 3           | 
| Harry Kane            | AM (LC), ST (C)         | Tottenham   | 29          | 73          | 54          | 
| Stephy Mavididi       | AM (L), ST (C)          | Montpellier | 24          | 7           | 2           | 
| Ollie Watkins         | AM (RL), ST (C)         | Aston Villa | 26          | 6           | 5           | 
| Dominic Calvert-Lewin | AM (RL), ST (C)         | Everton     | 25          | 12          | 4           | 

As seems to be the norm at the moment I have had a phone call from Declan Rice and M.Rashford both wondering why they were dropped from the squad. As last time I told them they needed improve their form if they are to be picked in the squad.

• 3 weeks later...

September 2nd:

Czech Republic (a) Euro International League Div A Grp 3 (5/6)

A terrible start saw us going a goal down within a minute as A.Jankto beat the offside trap with ease and fired past A.Ramsdale. We reacted well though and on the 19th minute we levelled the scores as R.Sterling hit home from just outside the area. Three minutes later we took the lead as J.Sancho ran into the area unmarked and fired in a M.Mount cross. We were the better side and on the 37th minute we grabbed a third goal as R.Sterling run in from the wing and unleashed a powerful strike into the top corner.

The second half was pretty much the same as my side dominated. On the hour I made a few changes as J.Justin, E.Laird and D.Calvert-Lewin all coming in place of F.Tomori, B.Chilwell and H.Kane. We carried on the pressure and on the 74th minute we had another chance to score with R.Sterling crossing into the area but D.Calvert-Lewin headed wide of the post when it was easier to score. Deep into injury time we made it 4-1 as E.Laird ran onto a R.Sterling through-ball to round the keeper and fire into the empty net

Czech Republic 1-4 England A.Jankto 1 / R.Sterling 19, 37, J.Sancho 22, E.Laird 90+3

A.Ramsdale, K.Walker, F.Tomori (60-J.Justin), C.Coady, B.Chilwell (60-E.Laird), M.Mount, D.Alli, P.Foden, J.Sancho, R.Sterling, H.Kane (60-D.Calvert-Lewin)

Other Grp 3 Result:

Switzerland 2-1 Germany