500 seasons ? Lets do it !

Hello. The result that was approved by GuinnessWorldRecords with 416 seasons is long gone and I decided to do something spectacular and hit 500 seasons. Currently I have 488 seasons.

Thanks to the SI representatives for their help and recognition of my game save with score 416 season.

Someone called FM-Space went to the year 3000 on FM2016 once. You could download the savedata too at the time but unfortunately the website hosting has long since died. I still have the save file on my computer and its 1.1GB 

Edited by wackettdagenham

5 hours ago, wackettdagenham said:

Someone called FM-Space went to the year 3000 on FM2016 once. You could download the savedata too at the time but unfortunately the website hosting has long since died. I still have the save file on my computer and its 1.1GB 

If I simulated this, I would have gotten to 4000

8 hours ago, wackettdagenham said:

I remember that and sharing the file definitely got it a lot more attention - because it was interesting after all to see that much of the game played out. Seeing eras of dominance and the teams that rose/fall and in some cases rose again. 

On one hand the game really can't hold its integrity being played for that long, if I remember right some teams were in the same stadium for centuries. But it still was interesting to check and see what teams did.

The only interesting thing in the long term saves is that ability to poke about and look around I think. 

On 31/05/2022 at 13:05, wackettdagenham said:

On 31/05/2022 at 22:01, santy001 said:

I remember that and sharing the file definitely got it a lot more attention - because it was interesting after all to see that much of the game played out. Seeing eras of dominance and the teams that rose/fall and in some cases rose again. 

On one hand the game really can't hold its integrity being played for that long, if I remember right some teams were in the same stadium for centuries. But it still was interesting to check and see what teams did.

The only interesting thing in the long term saves is that ability to poke about and look around I think. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20160613065717/http://fm-space.com/football-manager-2016/databases/year-3000-fm16-future-saves/

Edited by FM21_Scout

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Your 500 seasons picture showed an overall played game time of 429 days. You complete a whole season on average in less than a day?  

I guess it possible in a league with few league games and a single cup. He may also have staff doing lots of the staff/player signings and contracts, press conferences etc... and have the auto continue setting active. With instant result skin he would be able to get through a month only having to press the enter key a handful of times. Could probably set up a macro to do it tbh.

Soon my adventure with Football Manager 2018 will end forever due to the fact that the game will not allow me to continue due to the size of the game save. I regret it because I could break the magic barrier of a thousand won cups and even play 600 seasons. I decided to report my new record and I hope that the Sports Interactive department will help me verify my record again. Soon it's time to switch to FM22 and catch up after many years spent on FM18 🙁

1. Played matches: 25,000
  2. Cups: 948
  3. Leagues: 432
  4. Goals for: 67,073

735543881_fm2022-08-3123-54-55-640.thumb.jpg.7c297a5b613a787eb58481510fe9d752.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
En 31/5/2022 a las 14:05, wackettdagenham dijo:

can you please upload it somewhere like mediafire? Really interested in getting it

hace 1 minuto, thefmveteran86 dijo:

I doubt it would work on FM22 right? could have been interesting to manage Stockport in 2522

im talking about the FM16 save to play it on there since i have the game

does it count if i use the in game editor, set the ca and PA to 200, and "holiday" most of the time? my current FM 2016 save is at 2360! again, ive "holidayed" about 95% of that so im not sure if im "close to breaking the record" if someone could answer this than that'll be a great help

Screenshot from 2022-09-30 15-35-43.png

18 hours ago, James2022 said:

does it count if i use the in game editor, set the ca and PA to 200, and "holiday" most of the time? my current FM 2016 save is at 2360! again, ive "holidayed" about 95% of that so im not sure if im "close to breaking the record" if someone could answer this than that'll be a great help

Screenshot from 2022-09-30 15-35-43.png

No, cheating doesn't count.

Your record does not qualify for recognition of the Guinness World Record result because you have practically all the time on vacation and user @ James2022 has clearly caught it.

You can have no more than 5% simulation of the game and you have almost 100%

I had 260 days, which is not the whole percentage of my vacation.

50 minutes ago, SicinskiPawel said:

Your record does not qualify for recognition of the Guinness World Record result because you have practically all the time on vacation and user @ James2022 has clearly caught it.

You can have no more than 5% simulation of the game and you have almost 100%

I had 260 days, which is not the whole percentage of my vacation.

What were the exact rules from Guinness in relation to your FM save? I'd be interested in knowing what they were.

12 minutes ago, decapitated said:

What were the exact rules from Guinness in relation to your FM save? I'd be interested in knowing what they were.

Only one manager not many, no more than 5% of leave when it comes to one manager and these are the most important criteria and that the game must be original and coded on steam, I don't have to mention.

My 4-year adventure with FM18 is over forever! 😭
The game save is now exhausted and will not allow me to continue my career anymore. I started in 2018 and finished in 2022, I played 526 seasons!

Edited by SicinskiPawel

• 2 months later...

I decided to resubmit my record to Guinness World Records with over 500 played seasons in FM18. I beat my record by over 100 seasons. I hope that soon 416 seasons will be obsolete and I will be able to enjoy the result of over 500+ played seasons.Please @Neil Brock or department for an answer and contact because I wrote where I can send the game save and there is no answer and I need to send the game save somewhere. At the beginning of September I applied for a record, so at the beginning of 2023 GWR representatives should officially respond to my application.

Edited by SicinskiPawel