What attributes are needed for direct free kicks

sorry, I am not good at English

I'm not scoring a free kick.

Even though have 20 freekick attributes

I'm wondering why this guy can't score any?

any other need important attributes?

For example,  free kick with power, long shoot...

Edited by 뜨페이뜨

6 hours ago, FrazT said:

I would have thought that as well as the free kick attribute, high finishing and composure would be desirable attributes.

4 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Composure, decisions and hidden mentals could play a role as well I think.

4 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

I will add Strength as well. Always attributes it's connected between them in different scenarios during the game. :-)

6 hours ago, FrazT said:

I would have thought that as well as the free kick attribute, high finishing and composure would be desirable attributes.

everybody thanks!

Perhaps obvious, but to score from free kicks, first you need to get free kicks from dangerous positions. I means that you need to have the ball in the final third enough time in the game and players technical enough to get fouled by opposition defense.

FM22 usually marks good free-kick positions down, describing them as half-chances or even clear cut chances in match analyze window. So, first conclusion - if you haven't got too many HC or CCC free kicks, your free kicks are just not too good chances to begin with, so it's a bit optimistic to demand goals from them.

Obviously, the scoring itself comes down to the player who takes his free kicks and his attributes. Also, the opposition goalkeeper can be poor (easy to score against) or good (more difficult to score), but I've found that from good position even an average free kick taker (attribute around 12-14) can score a goal. 

IIRC, if the free kick is anywhere close to a corner, it utilizes the corner skill instead, so bear in mind if you're getting a lot of wide free kicks around the penalty box, you might be better off with a good corner kicker for those routines. Other indirect free kicks require some decent crossing skill. There was a dev post a while back that clarified some of the necessary stats. Technique is helpful, as is good composure. I think they said finishing was not important, though long shots is factored in.

That is, of course, if you want to get the ball in outright. Some people find that getting the rest of the team to drop it in is more viable, and focus more on the people hovering around goal, and their particular stats.

41 minutes ago, Prepper_Jack said:

IIRC, if the free kick is anywhere close to a corner, it utilizes the corner skill instead, so bear in mind if you're getting a lot of wide free kicks around the penalty box, you might be better off with a good corner kicker for those routines. Other indirect free kicks require some decent crossing skill. There was a dev post a while back that clarified some of the necessary stats. Technique is helpful, as is good composure. I think they said finishing was not important, though long shots is factored in.

That is, of course, if you want to get the ball in outright. Some people find that getting the rest of the team to drop it in is more viable, and focus more on the people hovering around goal, and their particular stats.

Neither finishing nor long shots are used for a free kick.

Composure was mentioned w.r.t. penalties.

Edit: Here's the link: Free Kick and Penalty Taking Attribute - Football Manager General Discussion - Sports Interactive Community