One for the full time workers

Just a question to all the forum members in full time work. What sort of playing hours do you get under your belt each day/week? As I work full time and help my fiancee who's currently unemployed due to mental health I rarely get any decent hours to myself. 

2 hours ago, StephenFMT17 said:

Just a question to all the forum members in full time work. What sort of playing hours do you get under your belt each day/week? As I work full time and help my fiancee who's currently unemployed due to mental health I rarely get any decent hours to myself. 

When I play, I might manage 3 hours of an evening. But I don't have a significant other to monopolise my evenings.

• SI Staff

I play on average about 20 hours a week with the precise timings varying hugely ... then again I get away with the excuse that I'm (cough) testing the game and its features which is kinda helpful :D
(back in the day when I worked onsite in London I used to play mainly during commuting which was about three hours in total a day with 1.5 hour of that on average on the game and the other 1.5 hours reading, I used to be able to get through several novels a week in those days :D ).

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Navelgazer said:

On a good week 1-2 hours a day. Definitely at the lower end. Have a young child so quite time poor. Mobile is perfect in that sense.

You are basically who I originally designed the mobile game for - I found my playing time (and sleep ;) ) severely curtailed when I had young kids :D

As im alone in my work spot in the fabric sometimes i leave some games running while i do other things, this being if i have all setted and im just mid season going through calendar. For 100% focused gameplay i guess like an hour every night before going to sleep, maybe 2/3 hours a day on weekend.

Around 1-3 hours a day. I first played the mobile version several years ago, purchased it to play on a long flight to Mexico, it really helped pass the time and calm my anxiety about flying! 

I've been playing Football Manager and Championship Manager before it since the early 90s. Unfortunately I just don't have the free time to sink into the PC game due to work and home commitments. I found myself loading it up and playing one or two matches during an evening, I'd quickly lose interest in the save. I found myself getting into that cycle that I'm sure some of you are familiar with.... constantly starting new saves and giving up before it really gets going. I feel like the PC game has evolved into something far more complex than I have time for. 

The mobile version is very close to being perfect for my needs. If I'm being honest, I'd probably like to see a bit more depth to it, but at the same time I appreciate the limitations there are due to it being a mobile game. Right now I'm happy to split my time between FM mobile on my phone and CM 01/02 on my laptop. For me, CM 01/02 is probably still 'pound for pound' the best Football Manager game of all time. 

Em 19/05/2022 em 17:38, Marc Vaughan disse:

You are basically who I originally designed the mobile game for - I found my playing time (and sleep ;) ) severely curtailed when I had young kids :D

I'm my opinion this game was also designed for us that can sneak the phone to work and still get to play FM 😁 

I end up getting more hours while at work than at home. 

Edited by Hildor

It's all about sneaking in game time whenever you can really.

I have a 40 min tube journey to/from work so I try to play then.

Also a bit on my lunch break.

Play a match or two when I'm making a cup of tea for the missus.

Another couple of matches while the kids are in the bath.

It's tough when you start a new save game as it can get quite fiddly and repetitive setting things up, however once the season is up and running I'm able to get through things quicker.

On 21/05/2022 at 10:17, Hildor said:

I'm my opinion this game was also designed for us that can sneak the phone to work and still get to play FM 😁 

I end up getting more hours while at work than at home. 

Shhh, don't tell my bosses! :D 

I don't play a whole lot, maybe 1-2 hours per week. I played the older editions far more. The game gets increasingly complex for every year, and now it's at a point where I don't have the patience to set up a new game, knowing I should deal with staff, individual training, tactics and set pieces, recruiting and looking after team dynamics ... I mostly do the challenges. 

I know I can leave a lot of stuff to the assistant manager, but then I feel like I'm not playing the game "properly", if that makes sense?

Don't get me wrong, it's a superb mobile game. I just don't have the time for it.

Play both "full fat" FM and mobile but with work being the busiest it's ever been, plus not playing as many other gaming options on Playstation, I've noticed I play on mobile lots more these days, probably every second night for an hour and almost every morning for half hour before work. It still gives the good FM buzz but sometimes I do wish it was a little more detailed.

On 24/05/2022 at 21:44, Footix said:

I don't play a whole lot, maybe 1-2 hours per week. I played the older editions far more. The game gets increasingly complex for every year, and now it's at a point where I don't have the patience to set up a new game, knowing I should deal with staff, individual training, tactics and set pieces, recruiting and looking after team dynamics ... I mostly do the challenges. 

I know I can leave a lot of stuff to the assistant manager, but then I feel like I'm not playing the game "properly", if that makes sense?

Don't get me wrong, it's a superb mobile game. I just don't have the time for it.

I have the opoosite thinking. For me the game is still toooooooooo simplified and some more things should be added because this way the game is too easy