[FM22] - Changing the "Neverton" narrative and hopefully the balance of power in Merseyside

karanhsingh

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, DavidBeckham said:

Barkley's signing makes a lot of sense and helps with the European registration too. Let's hope he can recapture the form which helped secure his move away to Chelsea few years ago!

Thanks mate, he's been quite decent without setting the world alight. But definitely an important player in the squad. 

Not only that, I think Barkely still got some pretty nice stats and traits.

He looks like a player who just does the job. Nothing special, but always on the same level.

His star rating might be not the best, but he will atleast a decent backup option.

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

I will be taking no chances in the league, will happily sacrifice the champions league if needed! 

Ha! Fair enough! Wouldn’t want to give Liverpool a chance to catch up!

march.jpg.27a7c6b862de32b6fafd28f4e54e47e3.jpg

March started off very well as above.. but then we crashed out to our bogey team Palace in the FA cup. Before suffering our first league defeat in a while against Chelsea, we could not handle Mbappe and Vini Jr. 

However the boys came back strong to blow Atletico away and make it to the quarter finals where we will face Juventus. After that, a very important 3 points at Elland Road.

table5.jpg.8058a2b8510382780fae8ffc87327ec9.jpg

Liverpool continue to drop points meaning that we still have a 9 point lead going into April.

And a very strange 22 day gap before we play 6 games in 17 days, including for some odd reason 3 league fixtures in one week. Looks like the Liverpool staff has been arranging those final league fixtures... 

april.jpg.6fc8644c0a27b45fdd88f013e5951585.jpg

April was good domestically, not so good otherwise.

Started with a shocking 1-4 home defeat against Juventus. I did not see that coming, especially as we took the lead. It was a fairly even game in all honesty but the Italians were at their clinical best - 8 shots, 6 on target, 4 goals. 

We bounced back with an important win over Burnley, and gave it our best in Turin but could only manage a 1-1 draw. After that was an absolutely ridonkulous (is that a word?) game against Norwich which ended 5-5 (!!). Then the crazy 2 fixtures in 3 days, both potential banana peels. But we managed to get through - Leicester away we got absolutely battered but somehow emerged with the 3 points. 

table6.jpg.6c9c1f90fe7eb17aed9638362bd7c360.jpg

So that means it is all but over! We should be celebrating a famous title win soon...

It's almost poetic that the last ever game at Goodison Park could well end with the lifting of the Premier League trophy!

Tough getting dumped out of the CL, especially after doing well to take care of Athletico Madrid. But you've got one hand solidly on the PL trophy so you have to be happy about that.  Also a cup win against Liverpool, even if it's just the League Cup, has got to be sweet!

Got to say 5-5??? That's a scorline...

5 minutes ago, 13th Man said:

Tough getting dumped out of the CL, especially after doing well to take care of Athletico Madrid. But you've got one hand solidly on the PL trophy so you have to be happy about that.  Also a cup win against Liverpool, even if it's just the League Cup, has got to be sweet!

Got to say 5-5??? That's a scorline...

The Carabao cup final was definitely one to savour!

medals.jpg.348bd622fbf85771c271831705070f8b.jpg

Glad to see every single player in the squad getting a medal (except our back-up GK), even Tom Davies who left us in January to go to Italy.

branthwaite.jpg.adf54bced4e25dea8ffa100491aa6195.jpg

Branthwaite has developed into a world class defender and won the award for Player of the Year. His 7.71 average rating is the highest I believe I have seen. Of course helped by the incredible 14 goals he scored along the way, guy is an absolute beast at set pieces.

1505071662_dclgolden.jpg.734c6880603b1d9b3fdc7dbac3bf72ef.jpg

DCL had to settle for sharing the golden boot this time. I messed up by not putting him on penalties before the final game, as Vidal took the one we were given.

And finally, Mr. Hibbert of course won Manager of the Year \o/

hibbert.jpg.7cc35a9fa9eead67a4558b24a5f09dcd.jpg

1061866332_lineup.thumb.jpg.a6777931006c66dafbe201dfcace0b38.jpg

As per FM, this was our best line-up, although I would swap out Vidal for Berg, Godfrey for Solet and definitely Gordon for Richarlison.

Apart from the award winners, our top players have been:

- Adam Hlozek with a whopping 38 goal contributions this season. He's got every top club in Europe interested in him.

- Richarlison had his best season in a blue shirt crossing 20 goals for the first time

- Doucoure was excellent in the B2B role also hitting double figures for goals and all from open play too

- Livramento and Kristiansen really gave us a new dimension with their attacking play from wide areas

What a team! What a season!

And a final note on the finances:

finances.thumb.jpg.b785515dc08542a157729cb4c610d028.jpg

We somehow end the season still 40m in the red. Primarily because, only the prize money went up this season due to the Champions League.

I have no idea where the UEFA TV money went. Is this a bug? Because the TV money we received this season was purely domestic.

Anyhow, this is likely where I will sign off from this save. Never imagined winning the Premier League inside 3 seasons, but we somehow did it.

And the backbone of the team was players already in the original squad - DCL, Richarlison, Alli, Doucoure, Branthwaite, Godfrey, Pickford, etc. They actually have a good team. A few strong additions like Hlozek, Sarr, Solet, and we were on our way.

Definitely knocked Liverpool off their perch ;) 

12 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

And a final note on the finances:

finances.thumb.jpg.b785515dc08542a157729cb4c610d028.jpg

We somehow end the season still 40m in the red. Primarily because, only the prize money went up this season due to the Champions League.

I have no idea where the UEFA TV money went. Is this a bug? Because the TV money we received this season was purely domestic.

Anyhow, this is likely where I will sign off from this save. Never imagined winning the Premier League inside 3 seasons, but we somehow did it.

And the backbone of the team was players already in the original squad - DCL, Richarlison, Alli, Doucoure, Branthwaite, Godfrey, Pickford, etc. They actually have a good team. A few strong additions like Hlozek, Sarr, Solet, and we were on our way.

Definitely knocked Liverpool off their perch ;) 

Only in FM can this happen!

You had a good run! Where are you headed next?

Even though I am doing an ASSE save now. I might do another for FM '23!

5 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Only in FM can this happen!

You had a good run! Where are you headed next?

Even though I am doing an ASSE save now. I might do another for FM '23!

Cheers! Have a journeyman idea in mind. This time starting off in Asia. If it works out you should see a thread soon :brock: