Fake Players and Staff = not fake and no history

I decided to mix it up and start a save with fake players and staff. 

Put a lot of work into the save before I realized that all players, on every team, regardless of age, appear to be in their first year.  I'm managing Dinamo Bucaresti and every single player is making his debut.

Also, it appears that they are not 'generated by the game' but instead existing players with different names.

For example, this PSG player, who appears to be modeled on Messi:

image.thumb.png.3fe4654412d0ec50f21852de04e265ee.png

but with zero playing history!  Yes, he's a 33 year old, superstar.....rookie:

image.thumb.png.9411e0877604c91efcd472c79af86d03.png

Another example, this guy is really a 30 year old rookie-KDB?:

image.thumb.png.2e04fbf9d35b9aae5222367abf7d9c03.png

image.thumb.png.e19e2fdeafbcfed631cf3156e8923973.png

40 minutes ago, glengarry224 said:

Also, it appears that they are not 'generated by the game' but instead existing players with different names.

Yes, that's correct.

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Yes, that's correct

Didn't know that! It can be pretty absurd. One time I started with a club where two senior players were apparently signed despite both being out with career-threatening injuries. I was expecting great things when, after 6 months' waiting, they made their appearances -- yes, their professional debuts.

I was disappointed when I sused this out, I wanted a full newgen World not just renamed players but I guess it would be far too much work for the game to generate a full random footballing World 

On 06/05/2022 at 20:20, Johnny Ace said:

I was disappointed when I sused this out, I wanted a full newgen World not just renamed players but I guess it would be far too much work for the game to generate a full random footballing World 

I play with a custom nation but don't add any players to the database. On every new game it generates players to fill the teams. Obviously a bigger job if it has to replace every player on the planet but I think it could be done.

Best way to "create a fake world" is to use this option and then holiday for around 20 years or so, every player by then will likely be an actual newgen and if there are any "realfake" players they will be in their late thirties and you'll likely won't be able to know who they are. They may also become staff but it will be harder to pinpoint their history to know who they really are.

Yeah it sucks. Maybe go into the pregame editor and delete all players. When you start a game, choose to add players to all playable teams. I’ve never tried it but it’s an idea

On 08/05/2022 at 00:47, jcp1417 said:

Yeah it sucks. Maybe go into the pregame editor and delete all players. When you start a game, choose to add players to all playable teams. I’ve never tried it but it’s an idea

It could work, but could also provide a very unbalanced world. Newgens at big clubs are not necessarily created playing at similar levels as the players you just removed.

2 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

It could work, but could also provide a very unbalanced world. Newgens at big clubs are not necessarily created playing at similar levels as the players you just removed.

it should eventually balance out. might actually be super interesting

Thanks for all the responses.  It's not a huge deal to me but disappointing.  I don't know if it ruins the cohesion of all teams.  Otherwise, I don't think it affects gameplay but it does upset the immersion a bit when every player is on his debut and every scorer scored his first goal for the team, etc etc

5 hours ago, glengarry224 said:

Thanks for all the responses.  It's not a huge deal to me but disappointing.  I don't know if it ruins the cohesion of all teams.  Otherwise, I don't think it affects gameplay but it does upset the immersion a bit when every player is on his debut and every scorer scored his first goal for the team, etc etc

As far as i'm aware it gives players a better spread of personalities which is arguably more realistic and challenging.

My advice, as mentioned above, is to just holiday for 20 years for a whole new playing environment 

Thought I'd give it a go... pro tip: you don't get to do coaching courses if you're unemployed... I thought I'd start as an injured mid-20s person & do some courses while I wait. Turns out I'm not doing them...

10 hours ago, du Garbandier said:

Thought I'd give it a go... pro tip: you don't get to do coaching courses if you're unemployed... I thought I'd start as an injured mid-20s person & do some courses while I wait. Turns out I'm not doing them...

Yeah, this has bugged me before.  I've had boards which deny coaching course and then I'd quit and thought I could do them while unemployed, at my own expense.  Nope.

More on that story: you don't get to do courses, but your stats do improve regardless. Here's my new character in 2021:

image.thumb.png.f5e96b0ee82a6e073536839a6f8ad7be.png

and here he is after 9 and a half years' holiday:

image.thumb.png.085282b50bf51a4f6b6753ab4d20fee4.png

First try, I set him up as a budding international forced to retire by injury, with no badges whatsoever. I only had enough points for about four points each in tac/tech/men, att + def, and working with youngsters. That last number is unaffected by holiday, and also, I figured it would be pretty tedious to go through all the national badges so I set up the second run with continental C. I'm going to holiday till March and then see what's available. I see my tactical style has devolved from tiki-taka to route 1. 

I left my PC (6 yr old i7 desktop) running overnight, and it has taken, so far, about 12 hours to run to this point.

What I usually do is create a decoy manager just to holiday to a target date, like 20 years in the future. Then I retire him and create my actual playing manager.

5 hours ago, du Garbandier said:

More on that story: you don't get to do courses, but your stats do improve regardless. Here's my new character in 2021:

image.thumb.png.f5e96b0ee82a6e073536839a6f8ad7be.png

and here he is after 9 and a half years' holiday:

image.thumb.png.085282b50bf51a4f6b6753ab4d20fee4.png

First try, I set him up as a budding international forced to retire by injury, with no badges whatsoever. I only had enough points for about four points each in tac/tech/men, att + def, and working with youngsters. That last number is unaffected by holiday, and also, I figured it would be pretty tedious to go through all the national badges so I set up the second run with continental C. I'm going to holiday till March and then see what's available. I see my tactical style has devolved from tiki-taka to route 1. 

I left my PC (6 yr old i7 desktop) running overnight, and it has taken, so far, about 12 hours to run to this point.

Crazy  I guess he improved while coaching his kids' teams!  

1 hour ago, glengarry224 said:

Crazy  I guess he improved while coaching his kids' teams!

Actually, one stat other than working with youngsters that didn't improve is level of discipline. Also I was a bit surprised by the level of job that I was being offered as soon as I returned -- top-league teams in all my selected nations. I was surprised because I thought you needed the top coaching badge to manage at the top level.

On 07/05/2022 at 17:47, jcp1417 said:

There IS a database in the Steam Workshop where all the players have been removed (and also one where Thanos snaps away HALF of all players and staff in the database). If you load it up and "add players to playable teams" it WILL generate a completely new world (not renamed real players) with histories. 

11 minutes ago, podunkboy said:

If you load it up and "add players to playable teams" it WILL generate a completely new world (not renamed real players) with histories. 

Will this not generate a new world with newgens capped at 140 CA? It used to be 130, but it was upped to 140 CA, IIRC. I know it does that with a 'normal' database, so I'm a little curious.

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

Will this not generate a new world with newgens capped at 140 CA? It used to be 130, but it was upped to 140 CA, IIRC. I know it does that with a 'normal' database, so I'm a little curious.

Hmm, I don't know about capped CA's, I don't use an in-game editor or "cheater/peeker" programs anymore. I found that they were too tempting, and I'm easily corruptible. 

3 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Why is it capped?

3 hours ago, Platinum said:

Why is it capped?

Because newgens created at the start of the game are supposed to be "filler" players for teams that have hardly any players. And if teams haven't got many players, it's probably a case of research missing a bunch of non-famous backups or the team having serious financial issues IRL, so it doesn't make sense to add new players that are better than most of the league's stars.

7 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

It was 115CA in the not too distant past (higher for leagues added after the start date). Was a very weird Premier League when I tried it...

I went and loaded up a 10-level English database, the no-players database and "add players to playable teams" and "add players based in nation". And using G***** S****, pulled up CA and PA. on 15-17 year olds in England, CA's go up to 92, PA's go up to 132 . If I filter all players from 15-30, CA's go to 129 PA's only go up to 140. So...at least to start, there are no "world-level" players, and Premier League teams will be bidding silly amounts of money for League 1/Championship-level talent. I would imagine eventually the game will generate higher-CA players, but...you're constrained by the programming restrictions the game puts on "add players"

17 minutes ago, podunkboy said:

I went and loaded up a 10-level English database, the no-players database and "add players to playable teams" and "add players based in nation". And using G***** S****, pulled up CA and PA. on 15-17 year olds in England, CA's go up to 92, PA's go up to 132 . If I filter all players from 15-30, CA's go to 129 PA's only go up to 140. So...at least to start, there are no "world-level" players, and Premier League teams will be bidding silly amounts of money for League 1/Championship-level talent. I would imagine eventually the game will generate higher-CA players, but...you're constrained by the programming restrictions the game puts on "add players"

Oddly enough, I tried this again, but did a Custom size database where I clicked on "UK and Ireland" region, ticked on all the options, loaded up the database and now with players 15-30, the maximum PA is only 130.