Anyone Caused A Huge Cup Shock?

Had an easy first round game in the Spanish Cup where I won 0-2, I then somehow managed to beat Mallorca at home on penalties, the match finished 0-0 and I had no shots at goal while they had 15 lol, and now I have Atletico Madrid at home lol, I'm La Nucia and in the lowest league. Has anyone caused any big cup shocks? If so who did you beat? Obviously I need to change my tactics for Atletico Madrid and park the bus. It would be cruel to drop my back up players as they are the ones who have got us this big cup match. I just hope I don't get spanked as I really don't want a 9 or 10 nil loss on my record lol. 

I quite often see "X masterminds giant killing" as a news item, but it's usually a team from the division above at most. Breaching the gap you mention is not something I have achieved!

• SI Staff

I've beaten a few Premiership sides while non-league with Eastbourne Borough and you can get a nice little windfall from doing so, as well as a nice bit of news to make you smile :D

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I've beaten a few Premiership sides while non-league with Eastbourne Borough and you can get a nice little windfall from doing so, as well as a nice bit of news to make you smile :D

Interested to know how you approach that - do you go defensive and try to nick a goal?

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, ElliottMS said:

Interested to know how you approach that - do you go defensive and try to nick a goal?

Normally playing a compact style and counter attacking, in the lower leagues I go for the little and large approach with one tall and one very fast striker ... 

When you're playing a big club every now and again if you're setup solidly and on good form you might get a lucky break, mine normally come when an opposing teams attack breaks down and a long ball is chased ... nothing fancy ;)

(quite often it comes from an opposition set-piece, always try and make sure your fastest player is held back, just in case)

PS - Others might have a more reliable approach in all honesty, I'm well aware that despite my knowledge of its workings I'm far from the best at my games :D;)