Continental competition not choosing the right teams!

Shrew82

Basically i am trying to add a 4th European Trophy which runs alongside the existing in game European Competitions.  So far, i have had limited success and i was wondering if anyone can assist me to get it exactly right (will add to Steam if i'm happy with it)

So i've set up the EURO Vase as the 4th competition and when selecting teams have (asked the game to ignore teams already qualified for continental competitions.  On a positive note, this bit works fine, and the competition runs alongside the existing ones... The problem i have is that the teams qualifying aren't the teams that should be qualifying.  I would like the highest placed team in a league that hasn't qualified for the main competitions to qualify for this one, but so far, the editor just doesn't want to play ball.  I thought that i'd achieved this (under the teams heading in the main comp, not in stages) by using "Best Teams in Division,COUNTRY,1,(sorted by) last Position (ascending) however after the first season, it seems to vhose a random team from each country.  I have also tried using "All Teams from Division", and that has had no joy either.  I have used similar rules in the North American Structure that i've built, but i still had issues (which were never solved) when trying to chose teams that weren't placed.

Can anyone assist me?

Still trying different ways of getting this to work, but for .what ever reason the game doesn't want to do exactly what I'd like to do.  It's very annoying!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for the reply. I have a question. Is it possible with the editor to qualify the teams of a championship (for example the Chinese super league) for the continental cups? Top three places for the Asian Champions Cup, two more places for a new cup, let's say between 4th and 5th place? if yes, how?

Yes it is.

If you check the (FM21) UEFA Revival files from Carlito or my Iron Curtain (FM20) files you will see that it can be doen for Europe and all respective leagues.

Convert them to basic if you want to take a closer look in basic (mine were set in basic and then converted. Not sure about the UEFA revival files).

• 1 month later...

Dear All, Have we found a way to fix OP's Original problem, I would like to have the top 8 in my save be picked for a comp but it does not work take the top 8 But instead, the 8 with the best rep, even after I asked for the last position. ie 9th is picked of 8th