Will you be buying FM23  

646 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FM23

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Depends on Features

1 hour ago, mrwright86 said:

One thing that I have been wondering about and may have been answered; I see FM23 is coming to Xbox Games Pass, but is the PC version going to be included in the PC Games Pass at launch? Presumably not, but worth checking!

Yes, I've already raised the question in this topic:

It will be, actually FM22 PC version was also included as well :) 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, tropicsafc said:

Anyone who visits a forum dedicated to a particular game and says they're not buying the new one is just lying. There's really no use in being so dramatic about it.

Wrong!  I visit the forums mot days and I'm still playing FM12 and FM16

Does anyone else feel like FM needs some fresh ideas and drive from some new visionaries?

Sigames are no longer pushing boundaries. SI have taken the Apple model... same product, tweak it ask for money. 

Frustrations will continue until such time another football manager game appears that can challenge the FM monopoly.

Whilst I'm disappointed (AGAIN) for £30 i'm still going to buy it - What choice do I have lol

Edited by r70lla

vor 2 Minuten schrieb r70lla:

Does anyone else feel like FM needs some fresh ideas and drive from some new visionaries?

Nope. I clearly see a path which SI follows for several years, so I'm pretty happy how they are working on the game.

But there are definetly people who got another point of view on that. 

4 hours ago, tropicsafc said:

Anyone who visits a forum dedicated to a particular game and says they're not buying the new one is just lying. There's really no use in being so dramatic about it.

Well dude, if it wasn't for limit of technology (PCs and MACs not having CD player and Operating Systems being now 64 bit, instead of 32 that game was) I would be still playing FM07. But that doesn't mean I would contribute to the newer versions. I mean I always bought FM for nearly 11 years.

Just because you say it, doesn't mean it is universal truth... We are all here, because we are in a way or another FMers (meaning we are Football Managers fanatics). Sure we don't usually agree what the priorities should be to the game. But we all in a way or another contribute for SI to continue to produce more games, thus for me gives me the right to criticize SI if they are doing poor job or not.

1 minute ago, Daveincid said:

Nope. I clearly see a path which SI follows for several years, so I'm pretty happy how they are working on the game.

I'm sure alot of people have different opinions, for me SI focus on the wrong things.

Adding additional conversation options with agents is NOT a headline feature. At this rate we will be spending half the game speaking to the media, agents and ensuring the players are happy by telling them well done you are training well lol. 

4 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

I see what the path SI wants for the game, but I don't particularly agree with, because it sacrificing too much game play for the sake of realism.

but hey, we live democratic community, dysfunctional at times sure, but all people have equal voice. :D

vor 2 Minuten schrieb r70lla:

I'm sure alot of people have different opinions, for me SI focus on the wrong things.

yeah. For a game studio It must be difficult to handle thousands of different opinions. I'm on the lucky side that the focus for me is the right one ;)

vor 3 Minuten schrieb grade:

but hey, we live democratic community, dysfunctional at times sure, but all people have equal voice. :D

well said :D

5 hours ago, tropicsafc said:

That's wrong.

I've bought FM 12, 14, 17, 18, 20, 21.

I've said I'm not going to buy 22 for example and I didn't bother because it was not that big at all.

49 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

I think the path SI is following in design is good.

But the amount of effort is clearly the definition of "Buy it or leave it" because there's no competitor. It's like they're repackaging the Squad Depth and calling it Squad Planner and a headline feature with a few changes.

Same for Supporter feature. It's just the Board Vision module reused for supporters. Nothing big.

This version doesn't seem worth my money. I will probably wait for 24

Edited by saiyaman

I honestly wish they’d make the 3d like fifa I know it’s not possible but in terms of skill moves. Step overs etc if I buy a world beater etc I want to see where that monies gone or even in future you buy that amazing wonderkid I want to see major differences ! In 3d engine 

I will be buying it but im not as excited as I was a month ago. Although 4/5 things listed in the highlighted features are things I care about, match engine and AI is the biggest but I'll reserve judgment on that considering the results in the past. However, If the AI is now able to counter attack instead of just getting beat on teams that high press and move forward then that would be a big improvement. On the other hand, if it wasn't for lack of eyes on MLS (bug reporting), I would probably wait to get the game until the final patch.

1 hour ago, daveh83 said:

I honestly wish they’d make the 3d like fifa I know it’s not possible but in terms of skill moves. Step overs etc if I buy a world beater etc I want to see where that monies gone or even in future you buy that amazing wonderkid I want to see major differences ! In 3d engine 

I don't think Fifa style graphics is realistic. However it should really be looking better now, I'll be intrigued to see what casual gamers on PS5 think of it...

You all get the same game every year with small changes, because you keep buying it year after year. 

So if you want SI to do something better than this, don't just complain, but stop buying it. :stop:

Edited by pukfm

I'll buy it, but I hope I don't end up as frustrated with FM23 as I was at times with FM22.

• I want fewer instances of teams "in good form" scoring 3 goals on 0.4 xG.
  • I want fewer games where teams "in poor form" hit the woodwork three times and fail to score.
  • I want player performances to depend much less on how well they played in their last five matches.
  • I want fewer players demanding outrageous wage increases and then complaining that I didn't offer them a new contract.
  • I want crappy teams to stop passing the ball so perfectly.
  • I want AI teams to actually develop young players.
  • I want someone other than my set piece taker to be my player of the season.
  • I want players to quit becoming "demotivated" after whatever positive words I tell them in our team talks.

In short, I'd like more logic from the game so I'm not frustratingly writing this same type of comment in the "Will you be buying FM24?" thread.

23 hours ago, Chris21 said:

I don't think Fifa style graphics is realistic. However it should really be looking better now, I'll be intrigued to see what casual gamers on PS5 think of it...

It’s not that as such I just want world class players to stand out more !!! Want to look forward to watching a match in the 3d if av signed a 50mill 18 yr old. Or someone touted as next Ronaldo. 

Yes because I collect every box since the first modern era FM.

Although recent FMs are more DLCs than exactly new games...

If there was no emotional attachment to this series, no chance in hell I would buy this every year. It's been basically the same game with 2-3 changes once every 4 years.

No. Tactical creator is the same. Still no pep style wingers. Still no ability to have a full back play as a 3rd cb. Still no way to adapt your pressing shape to the opposition and tell exactly which player you want to press who. Very limited.

5 hours ago, _mxrky said:

Still no pep style wingers

If you read the blog post, you would have seen that they said wingers maintain width more in the final third now.

No one has played the game yet so saying it's the same is ridiculous and it's never the same, there were huge changes in the way certain roles work from FM21 to FM22

On 30/09/2022 at 05:38, HUNT3R said:

Yes, they are. It's been in since FM16, I think.

Re Dynamic Rivarlies:

If I create a team in National League north, based in the North West, and set Southport as a local rival in the pregame editor. If I then promote through the leagues, will the likes of Tranmere/Wigan/Everton/Liverpool possibly be added to the list of rivals as the saved game progresses? And will Southport be removed eventually? Like if I'm winning the Premier League or playing in the Champions League, obviously we won't care about Southport anymore.

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

If you read the blog post, you would have seen that they said wingers maintain width more in the final third now.

No one has played the game yet so saying it's the same is ridiculous and it's never the same, there were huge changes in the way certain roles work from FM21 to FM22

my answer is that I still won’t be buying the game until gameplay shows that this is actually the case

6 minutes ago, wisconsin said:

Re Dynamic Rivarlies:

If I create a team in National League north, based in the North West, and set Southport as a local rival in the pregame editor. If I then promote through the leagues, will the likes of Tranmere/Wigan/Everton/Liverpool possibly be added to the list of rivals as the saved game progresses? And will Southport be removed eventually? Like if I'm winning the Premier League or playing in the Champions League, obviously we won't care about Southport anymore.

I don't think the game creates local rivals, but they do create competitive ones. So if you battling with the same teams over a period of time, the rivalry will slowly be introduced, especially with some media battles with their managers and such. I think I got an inbox item when my team got a new rival even.

Normally i'm an easy yes but the regen faces are starting to put me off, how are they still this comically bad after 15 years. Amateurs can do it better, the amount of other games i've seen not drop the ball and yet FM still can't do it

As it stands, no. Have pre ordered every edition in previous years but I was so put off by the FM22 ME that I stopped playing.

Will wait to see what the feedback is from those who get BETA access - issue is the ME normally starts out well and then takes 2 backwards steps come full launch.

Just don't see anything in the features to get me excited at the moment either. A lot of rebadged stuff.

I know realism is key to FM so it will have a glass ceiling at some point but it's time to start working on things that need clear attention. Set pieces, international management, player animations and graphics - no one is expecting fifa levels of beauty, but the time has come to make this suitable to the present day.

If they charged a bit more for a game with more gloss now I would be tempted for sure. But that's just me.

No i wont be buying it, again they just keep adding in my opinion useless features, the dynamic manager time line for instance, does that really improve the game ?? Much like the social media they added a few years ago, does it really improve the game ?? i'd say no...  much rather see them start to fix the thing in the game that i keep seeing in these forums that people have been complaining for years. I keep seeing the same things been said for years on these forums but the game keeps getting useless additions that people arent asking for. I for one have been saying about the interactions from 2016 and it still broken now...

The core football features need bringing upto standard first before adding things in that dont improve the game in the slightest. 

The unlimited world class wonderkids needs sorting out aswell, its like theres countless once in a genration players available a few seasons in to the game. 

Edited by strods

I’ll be buying. Let’s face facts 23 is all about marginal gains (some very marginal) but it feels like it’s going in the right direction.

the dumping of the graphics from 17 was an insult and should have reduced the price as the quality was laughable. I really resented SI for a while for not being honest about that.

it finally feels the quality is approaching that of a few years ago. The match has to be the most important part of a football management game. Make it look better, play better, more engaging every year and there will be no complaints from me. 22 is definitely a step in the right direction.

On 03/10/2022 at 16:57, Jops14 said:

Normally i'm an easy yes but the regen faces are starting to put me off, how are they still this comically bad after 15 years. Amateurs can do it better, the amount of other games i've seen not drop the ball and yet FM still can't do it

That's why I use the NewGan manager app. Gets rid of the very suspect AI faces and replaces them with realistic ones.

Takes a short while to get use to the procedure, but once you know what you're doing, it's a 2/3 minute job at most.

2 hours ago, SMV90 said:

That's why I use the NewGan manager app. Gets rid of the very suspect AI faces and replaces them with realistic ones.

Takes a short while to get use to the procedure, but once you know what you're doing, it's a 2/3 minute job at most.

100% this, It's a game changer. Literally.

3 minutes ago, DementedHammer said:

I'm probably in the minority here. But I actually prefer the newgen faces to the real faces. For some reason, I find it quite offputting having the real players mugs staring at me. :lol:

I use the NewGan faces, but the FaceGen faces do have one advantage - despite them looking like plastic they have more variety in the features than NewGan.  I think NewGan's dataset when training the AI must have been quite limited as there is a uniformity to the look of the faces it produces.  Still prefer the photographic quality to plastic FaceGen, though.

Yes will be buying it, but only start long term save after a few patches to fix any game breakers.

Have played FM22 800 hours.. I usually average 300 hours, but had three really decent lower league saves with Bury, Macclesfield and AFC Darwen.

Game costs the same as a round of beers at the pub, so works out pretty good value in that sense.

6 hours ago, Dan_987 said:

Yes will be buying it, but only start long term save after a few patches to fix any game breakers.

Have played FM22 800 hours.. I usually average 300 hours, but had three really decent lower league saves with Bury, Macclesfield and AFC Darwen.

Game costs the same as a round of beers at the pub, so works out pretty good value in that sense.

All updates are save game comp it’s only database changes that don’t carry over 

13 hours ago, daveh83 said:

All updates are save game comp it’s only database changes that don’t carry over 

He’s probably like me; doesn’t want to play when there are major bugs present. I always wait until at least patch 2 around Xmas. 

Edited by DP

51 minutes ago, DP said:

He’s probably like me; doesn’t want to play when there are major bugs present. I always wait until at least patch 2 around Xmas. 

Same here. After Xmas I am starting to play my long save (and only one until next FM).  

Out of Interest, what were the worst Beta bugs in the last few years? I cant say I've noticed anything game breaking, but that might be as I'm in England as the Rules are fairly easy to impliment. I know other leagues usually end up with rule issues and other "Save Game" Compatable issues.

I start after day one patch regardless, just for peace of mind.

On 06/10/2022 at 11:18, KillYourIdols said:

Out of Interest, what were the worst Beta bugs in the last few years? I cant say I've noticed anything game breaking, but that might be as I'm in England as the Rules are fairly easy to impliment. I know other leagues usually end up with rule issues and other "Save Game" Compatable issues.

I start after day one patch regardless, just for peace of mind.

I haven't experienced any major bugs in this years version. I am still playing my beta save.

FM21 there was a huge bug though where I got promoted first season to the premier league with Birmingham City and first season in the league the board wanted me to qualify for champions league and win the FA Cup etc even though my clubs original vision wasn't to even challenge to get promoted to the premier league until about my 3rd or 4th season. I was somehow 7th in about Feb and the board sacked me, I was livid!

4 minutes ago, Jonthedon26 said:

I haven't experienced any major bugs in this years version. I am still playing my beta save.

FM21 there was a huge bug though where I got promoted first season to the premier league with Birmingham City and first season in the league the board wanted me to qualify for champions league and win the FA Cup etc even though my clubs original vision wasn't to even challenge to get promoted to the premier league until about my 3rd or 4th season. I was somehow 7th in about Feb and the board sacked me, I was livid!

Yeah, Thats a bug alright.

I've now decided the Beta period is ideal to mess about with a more balanced trade off between speed and Depth. Going for a 77 League, 32 Nation setup,110,000 player setup. My biggest yet. Just having a trial in FM22 ATM

On 05/10/2022 at 05:37, SMV90 said:

Yeah I use Newgan too and it's great, it still seems outrageous how **** poor the in game generation is, it's barely moved on in the last 15 years

Sadly not enough to get excited about. Some interesting teases but overall, without the community to mod the game it looks tired for it's age.  Might be good value per £1 to time ratio but that's also a tired argument.

Given the date it comes out at each year and now that amazon prime gaming give it away free near the end of the season, I can wait. Happy to potter along with my new free FM22, plus the community updates, works for me.

As an old timer who likes to dabble and who has improved his PC to high end I do need to see some better updated modernised graphics. Maybe produce a lower end game for those still into steam age PC's and another for the rest of us!! (yeah I know daft idea)

I want to finish on a positive note, as I have played so many iterations of the game since way back when. Miles and his team have given me numerous hours of entertainment, thrills and spills. So as always, I wish to thank them and wish them the best of fortune in FM23.

On 06/10/2022 at 11:18, KillYourIdols said:

I cant say I've noticed anything game breaking

I think that's the case for most people. I don't think most people experience issues with the game, they just come here and see that people are complaining about something and they just jump on it. An example is when people were going on about the dynamic youth rating stuff, most people didn't notice anything abnormal in their saves but because SI said one thing and a few people were reporting the opposite, they just jumped on it 

23 minutes ago, DarJ said:

I think that's the case for most people. I don't think most people experience issues with the game, they just come here and see that people are complaining about something and they just jump on it. An example is when people were going on about the dynamic youth rating stuff, most people didn't notice anything abnormal in their saves but because SI said one thing and a few people were reporting the opposite, they just jumped on it 

FM22 has been free of anything really major.  The main things for me that are specific to FM22 are, in the ME, IFs and IWs have been lacking in impact compared to FM21. The other is the impact of the older players not deteriorating as rapidly - a good change in isolation, but this has had a negative impact on the development of younger players. especially at top clubs, which by the 2030s tend to turn into old people's homes along with the national sides.  There's a balance tweak needed here to counteract the fact that these old players still have good physicals and have high reputation - 35-38 year olds shouldn't be more desirable than the hottest prospects in the 25-30 age range.

Edited by rp1966

There are only 2 industries that come to mind, that refer to their customers as “users”.

1. Illegal drugs 

2. Software

Make of that what you will. 

It’s interesting (mildly) to see the people who swore on FM 20, 21 & 22 forum topics never to buy another FM for whatever reason, not until they see changes to long-standing issues. Some of them are now top of the queue to buy the new version and even pre-ordered. I don’t have anything against that but it’s pretty rich seeing them coming a few months later to complain and argue with other “users” on the forum about the game and the direction. 
As I said, it’s just interesting to see. 
I’ll keep watching and documenting. 

2 hours ago, samuelawachie said:

There are only 2 industries that come to mind, that refer to their customers as “users”.

1. Illegal drugs 

2. Software

Make of that what you will. 

It’s interesting (mildly) to see the people who swore on FM 20, 21 & 22 forum topics never to buy another FM for whatever reason, not until they see changes to long-standing issues. Some of them are now top of the queue to buy the new version and even pre-ordered. I don’t have anything against that but it’s pretty rich seeing them coming a few months later to complain and argue with other “users” on the forum about the game and the direction. 
As I said, it’s just interesting to see. 
I’ll keep watching and documenting. 

Normally, its their fan side that talks louder than logic.

I did that in previous versions, but this year still holding out. Why? I still hurt what they did to me and others due to FM Touch. It was endless of years telling me and other, how SI were commit to Touch/Classic mode, when I know now it wasn't true. I saw between the lines and little importance they gave to the game mode. Two years ago, if it was not for pressure here in the community, they wouldn't have release any news about it. But you might say, but touch returned this year. Well it return under special conditions, they made exclusive deal, not because out the good of their hearts, but with a lot of money involved. Also we don't know the full extent of that deal. When the deal with Apple Arcade ends or FM24 is released, what will happen to FM 23? This hasn't been responded... yet... BUT, I know it will not be something it will be answer to us.

So I will wait for actual more news about FM23 and other versions, if those get released after the beta launched and loose the 20% off, I have no issue to be patience and wait for better deal in the future. We always know there are bugs that prevent actual game save. if the last few years, bugs in the editor are so scandalous during release and always take them 1 month or two to fix them, I have no rush to buy this game. My plan is to buy it March... let us see if I can hold that long.

Done, actual send any kind of approval to SI at this point. I feel SI have yet to properly apologize to FM Classic users.

Note: also the things I like to know, are never announced. Editor or if the 3D Kits are the same or not. that sort of stuff. I'm used to wait.

Edited by grade

The changes are enough for me to justify a £35 a year fee for probably one of the only games I buy every year (this is the most important part, I don't buy much if any games except FM so that's my whole budget). I can justify that to myself, however if it actually was a £60+ game for what they are giving us, I would definitely not be buying it.

The price is currently low enough and the features just about enough to justify it . One day it won't be worth what they put out vs the price, as I imagine it will keep increasing, then I think I will be done.

Plus, they own the market and they know it, so they control how much you get and set the price, see what happened with Intel or Nvidia until AMD started putting pressure on them. Inevitably companies with no competition will start to slow down improvement, you have to realise they are a corporation with financial interests, if they can give you 2 good features this year instead of 4 , so that they can save them for another year or so, then they absolutely will. It buys them time and therefore more money.

SI are not benevolent, they are here to make money and to look after the long term financial interests of their company, so it makes a depressing sense.