At what stage does a game get abandoned ? Just finished with 3 players

• dcu223 changed the title to At what stage does a game get abandoned ? Just finished with 3 players
7 minutes ago, FrazT said:

In FM, the game doesn't get abandoned as it would be in real life as that rule is not implemented in the. game code.

Thats interesting to know, i wonder why they made that decision. Having said that this is the first game i've ever seen drop to less than 7 players, i wonder what the frequency of occurance is

3 minutes ago, jim owen said:

Thats interesting to know, i wonder why they made that decision. Having said that this is the first game i've ever seen drop to less than 7 players, i wonder what the frequency of occurance is

It was explained recently that due to the exceptionally rare chances of it happening and the amount of code that would he to be rewritten to accommodate the consequences of an abandonment, it was not a feasible option to include it.

Just to reinforce what I said above, here is the post from SI that explained this in detail:

it isn't something currently supported in game. Whilst we know it's a rule IRL, however the amount of coding and testing that would be required to bring this into the game (not just it happening, but all the various consequences of it happening - the post-match reaction/press conference, punishment,  points etc) is quite significant and given how rare it is for this to happen, it's not something we're looking to add at this time. It's in the features db and when we have the time and resource to add consider adding it, we may well do so. It's just low priority for the time-being. 

13 hours ago, du Garbandier said:

Maybe the powers-that-be should put up a poll to find out what players' worst experience in this regard is. The most I've ever seen is finishing with eight.

Why wait for the powers that be. you have the power to do that yourself. 

but remember, with great power comes great responsibility. 

8 hours ago, jim owen said:

Why wait for the powers that be. you have the power to do that yourself. 

but remember, with great power comes great responsibility. 

:lol::lol::lol:

I figured the p-t-b would take more notice if they did it themselves

Edited by du Garbandier