[FM22] - Northern Ireland Extended League system

After a few years away while the kids get a bit older and I get a bit more time on my hands I am pleased to be back with my NI extended league. I previously made robust system for 2014 and 2017 (and a half r'sd attempt at 2019 that I never really finished.)

NI pyramid down to level 22 although that is mostly single leagues for the most part from level 14 downwards. There has been a LOT of change in lower leagues due to the pandemic teams completely gone, even some leagues have disappeared, although I see reference to them in some places I have not been able to find any information for some since 2020. Even my old resource websites I was able to get the best league information from have folded. thankfully a lot of team rely on facebook and there are some great teams giving great coverage to themselves and by proxy to other teams as well so I have been able to get a good solid bit of information from there.

Huge caveats -

There is some artistic license in this structure. NI pyramid system does not exist below level 3 there is some meritocracy based if a team need to replace a team in the PIL they can come up from one of the 4 main sub divisions that are roughly based around region lines with the NAFL, Mid-Ulster, Ballymena and Intermediate leagues. I have used there 4 pillars as my main approach then attaching other leagues as to their proximity to those region. 

I had some difficulty with playoff's into sub divisions when I hit level 14 so had to take the decision to have some Antrim/Belfast based leagues feed into each other which is why we have ended up down to level 22 with Belfast and District league feeding into the Down Are Winter League. ideally these would have been separate and fed into the NAFL at the same time but I was unable to manipulate the editor to do this.

The other slightly annoying thing was that i have had to drop the regional based cups such as the County Antrim Shield and Mid Ulster cup and North Western Cup. This was for 2 main reasons, these cups are based on regionally based teams at the top level, so I was unable to allow for promoted teams to enter into the cups. Additionally I was unable to pick individual teams  (as I have done previously) so I have made the decision to remove these.

We do still have the main cups for the system, along with additional leagues cups per individual league, the IFA Junior cup for all lower 'junior' teams, Steel and Sons and Steel and Sons Intermediate cups so there is plenty of cup action on offer.

Testing -

I've ran pre game editor testing 200 year into the future and no errors

I've ran an in game simulation 20 years into the future and again no issues and nice and smooth. Some interesting attendances in some cases but I think some team made it into cup finals so have larger 'highest' attendance' than expected due to this

Where to download - 

I've attached the file here but it is also available on Steam

(Update - I have updated for Premier Intermediate League to have 12 teams as as of next season it will but I hadn't allowed for that)

NI League 01.png

Edited by MuVortez
Updated file

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2022 at 19:14, lo.simon said:

Hello,

great job.

It's realistic structure ??

Hey, as 'realistic' as I can make it, in real life NI doesn't do anything lower than 3rd tier with Promotion, there are then loads of individual 'regional' leagues mostly amateur and fairly unconnected. I've brought them together as geographically as possibly into 4 main regions and then allowed for the more 'senior' leagues to be higher up the tree.

Hey, im playing on game pass so I cant download through steam and cant seem to find the file on this thread? (maybe i'm just blind) but any pointers as to where I can download this would be great ive always wanted to manage my childhood team on football manager :p

great job by the way!:)

On 13/06/2022 at 13:21, iiRetroo said:

Hey, im playing on game pass so I cant download through steam and cant seem to find the file on this thread? (maybe i'm just blind) but any pointers as to where I can download this would be great ive always wanted to manage my childhood team on football manager :p

great job by the way!:)

Hey @iiRetroo it look like when I updated recently it removed the file. I'll upload again this evening and let you know. Who's your team btw?

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...