Players Always Unhappy with Training

Just wondering if Pep has to constantly deal with players complaining daily about training? I've heard it's absolutely rife amongst professional football clubs.

Too much quickness, not enough quickness, too much strength, not enough strength, wants more technical attacking training......

I've got a player whose morale is poor because there is too much quickness training when non has been scheduled nor is there anything in the future scheduled.

I honestly think this will be my last FM.  It simply isn't fun any more.

I just looked at my own squad and the entire squad is "satisfied", with two players being "very happy" and "delighted" respectively. I'm not even in charge of training, so my assistant has been able to keep the whole squad happy. Do you handle training yourself?

1 hour ago, Mst82 said:

because there is too much quickness training when non has been scheduled nor is there anything in the future scheduled.

It won't matter what's scheduled in future, so have a look at was scheduled. It may not have been Quickness itself, but overly focusing on Acc and Pace in the schedule.

4 hours ago, Mst82 said:

Just wondering if Pep has to constantly deal with players complaining daily about training? I've heard it's absolutely rife amongst professional football clubs.

Too much quickness, not enough quickness, too much strength, not enough strength, wants more technical attacking training......

I've got a player whose morale is poor because there is too much quickness training when non has been scheduled nor is there anything in the future scheduled.

I honestly think this will be my last FM.  It simply isn't fun any more.

I have never reacted to unhappiness of ANY KIND in the game. It doesn't have that big of an impact on anything else.

Player is unhappy with training - development is still the same
Player is unhappy with his contract - he still turns in good performances
Player is unhappy with me - I loan him out, he comes back and then starts playing better

I just ignore it.

2 hours ago, Rashidi said:

I have never reacted to unhappiness of ANY KIND in the game. It doesn't have that big of an impact on anything else.

Player is unhappy with training - development is still the same
Player is unhappy with his contract - he still turns in good performances
Player is unhappy with me - I loan him out, he comes back and then starts playing better

I just ignore it.

Same with me, I never react to it in any way. But does make you think if it has no impact and the vast majority of people take no action off the back of it, why even bother having it in there in the first place as it just seems like a unnecessary irritant?

Since I leave it up to my assman, I've never understood why he then comes to me to say someone's complaining about training...so...YOU fix it. Honestly, I'm sure it's tied to their hidden attributes or personality type, but you know what, lad? You're PAID a silly amount of money to be here and play a game and if Tuesdays are "leg day", you get your little rump out there and run when I tell you to run, or you'll be riding the pine in the reserves. (Literally, the bench at the reserves field is unfinished pine boards, no fancy padded airline seats for them!) 

2 hours ago, Jonthedon26 said:

Same with me, I never react to it in any way. But does make you think if it has no impact and the vast majority of people take no action off the back of it, why even bother having it in there in the first place as it just seems like a unnecessary irritant?

Every game created by a developer always has features that make you think these are important, they won't tell you how important they are. Its all a part of game design. You look for aspects of the game that drive emotion, that is the first part towards creating immersion. A player can choose to feel a certain way when they want to, but this too allows us to take the high road and wield imaginary big sticks and frozen water bottles. Its all part of the game.  So I just treat it that way, get angry with said player on the pitch, throw out an imaginary frozen bottle at him. or I could yell at the pixel and then feel vindicated for some strange reason.  It has its funny moments.

I remember I once had a player moaning and complaining, he was actually a wonderkid. He wanted a bigger contract, a lamborghini and a WAG, so I packed him off to Ajax on loan. He actually came back a better player. I just treat the "simulation" for what it is... an escape.

1 hour ago, Rashidi said:

Every game created by a developer always has features that make you think these are important, they won't tell you how important they are. Its all a part of game design. You look for aspects of the game that drive emotion, that is the first part towards creating immersion. A player can choose to feel a certain way when they want to, but this too allows us to take the high road and wield imaginary big sticks and frozen water bottles. Its all part of the game.  So I just treat it that way, get angry with said player on the pitch, throw out an imaginary frozen bottle at him. or I could yell at the pixel and then feel vindicated for some strange reason.  It has its funny moments.

I remember I once had a player moaning and complaining, he was actually a wonderkid. He wanted a bigger contract, a lamborghini and a WAG, so I packed him off to Ajax on loan. He actually came back a better player. I just treat the "simulation" for what it is... an escape.

The fact that we can get ANGRY at an algorithm sometimes paradoxically gives me joy. It's just a game, even if you're playing it 40 hours a week. "NO, you can't have another raise after one year of a three-year contract" I will shriek, and then I go look at his production and what everyone else is making and grumble under my breath "Okay, maybe you deserve a little bump, it's not like it's coming out of my pocket"...