BWM - Get further forward

Have always liked having a BWM Support in my Tactics in both midfield and defensive midfield stratas at different times. 

I see you can no longer add PI to get further forward. I have always liked to have this option to add when required.  I know you can use a CM or DM on support and add tackle harder and close down much more to get a similar behaviour but the movement isn’t quite the same. 

anyone know why this option was removed from the role?

Because then you would have a box to box player or segundo volante?  Just switch to these roles imo. Btb does what you want for sure at the cm position, never tried volante though.

9 hours ago, loisvale said:

Have always liked having a BWM Support in my Tactics in both midfield and defensive midfield stratas at different times. 

I see you can no longer add PI to get further forward. I have always liked to have this option to add when required.  I know you can use a CM or DM on support and add tackle harder and close down much more to get a similar behaviour but the movement isn’t quite the same. 

anyone know why this option was removed from the role?

Because that instruction was open to exploit. Last season when we had strikerless systems, giving that instruction to a BWM created a beast that produced transitions that were exploitative, which is why it was removed.

1 hour ago, Rashidi said:

Because that instruction was open to exploit. Last season when we had strikerless systems, giving that instruction to a BWM created a beast that produced transitions that were exploitative, which is why it was removed.

can you explain the evolution of BWM from the previous version? To be honest, in FM22 I am very impressed with the way he moves, passes and the way he presses and I use it a lot in this version of FM. it's like how DM irl.