Need a CM and a RB for Everton season 2

steevo55

Hi,

After a good first season with the Toffees (finished second behind the rival), I'm looking to strengthen my team. I think the 2 main areas which need improvements are the RB and CM position.

Here's my team actually (only bought Raphinha in first season for 42M after selling Allan for 30M). Doucoure was in premier league team of the year despite only a 7,01 rating so I consider keeping him. Davies took the Van de Beek spot after I cancelled his loan in january (sadly he was away for rest of the season after a cruciate ligament rupture). So I'm mostly looking for a DLP. Vitinha is available for 38M and Ruben Neves for 32M (transfer listed cause of Wolves relegation). I consider both or other players but can not manage to take a decision. Have you any recommandations ?

For the right back spot, Seamus is still pretty good but aged. I scouted English players in that position but they are all expensives (Aarons, Livramento, Justins, Lamptey, Johnson). Have you any recommendations ?

Thanks

890500981_Capturedcran2022-04-1209_42_19.thumb.png.60c996198e2782a476f4a5f07ce7a541.png

952192724_Capturedcran2022-04-1209_43_34.thumb.png.1b69502acc86318299d23a86ceb77e40.png

2133585698_Capturedcran2022-04-1209_43_51.thumb.png.6fcf9ac0047c19912daad1dd63dabd02.png

Edited by steevo55

İrfan Can Kahveci (midfield) from Fenerbache and Brandon Soppy (Right back) from Udinese

Had them both in my Fenerbache save, Kahveci has just gone to Man Utd for £45m playing as a DLP while Soppy has been attracting interest from PSG, Madrid and Chelsea, 

Orkun Kökçü is also a good option in midfield, I picked him up in the second season for 8m from Feyenoord

il y a 29 minutes, Kingbill a dit :

İrfan Can Kahveci (midfield) from Fenerbache and Brandon Soppy (Right back) from Udinese

Had them both in my Fenerbache save, Kahveci has just gone to Man Utd for £45m playing as a DLP while Soppy has been attracting interest from PSG, Madrid and Chelsea, 

Orkun Kökçü is also a good option in midfield, I picked him up in the second season for 8m from Feyenoord

İrfan Can Kahveci already have a transfer arranged to Inter for 14M. Coleman is far away the Soppy level actually, I'm mostly looking for a first team player. Orkun Kökçü seems average but again I need a first team player.

Thanks for suggestions.

il y a 3 minutes, saware a dit :

In midfield, Koopmeiners or Bennacer would be good. Both left footed too so there’d be a nice balance. At RB, Pedro Porro or Ridle Baku? 

Koopmeiners and Bennacer are both good prospects I'll scout them. Pedro Porro was a player I really considered but he is out of my range (70M at least), almost same for Baku (50M). James Justin is finally available for 35M but I'm not sure of his profile. Dumfries is transfer listed for 8M, maybe a bargain.

46 minutes ago, steevo55 said:

Koopmeiners and Bennacer are both good prospects I'll scout them. Pedro Porro was a player I really considered but he is out of my range (70M at least), almost same for Baku (50M). James Justin is finally available for 35M but I'm not sure of his profile. Dumfries is transfer listed for 8M, maybe a bargain.

Think Justin potentially develops quite well. £8m seems like a good price for Dumfries but don’t know how defensively sound he is. Mert Mulder is another signing I’ve made in the past that’s worked out well.

I've just bought Vitinha in my Chelsea save and he's been pretty good. The only role I've been able to get good performances out of is when he plays as an Advanced Playmaker on support/attack duty in my 4-3-3. Plenty of good years ahead of him, though. 

il y a une heure, PitchPosh a dit :

I've just bought Vitinha in my Chelsea save and he's been pretty good. The only role I've been able to get good performances out of is when he plays as an Advanced Playmaker on support/attack duty in my 4-3-3. Plenty of good years ahead of him, though. 

This is why I consider Neves over Vitinha because I think that Vitinha is better in a more advanced position but I never managed him before. Neves is already adapted to England, good for set pieces and ask for fewer wages.

On the Neves vs. Vitinha problem—I think Neves would be a better buy. He has a better personality, is better defensively (and you are buying your deepest midfielder if this is you formation), wants lower wages, will be a little cheaper in terms of transfer fee and he has international pedigree and experience. However, I can understand if you think Vitinha represents a more exciting deal. You can also look at James Ward-Prowse (likely to be expensive), Boubacar Kamara, Paulo Bernardo and Arthur (often transfer listed at the end of season 1).

James Justin develops really well so 35m is not a bad deal for him at all. Guille Rosas becomes a very good right back and Denzel Dumfries for 8m is quite a good deal.

Il y a 1 heure, Sysiphus a dit :

On the Neves vs. Vitinha problem—I think Neves would be a better buy. He has a better personality, is better defensively (and you are buying your deepest midfielder if this is you formation), wants lower wages, will be a little cheaper in terms of transfer fee and he has international pedigree and experience. However, I can understand if you think Vitinha represents a more exciting deal. You can also look at James Ward-Prowse (likely to be expensive), Boubacar Kamara, Paulo Bernardo and Arthur (often transfer listed at the end of season 1).

James Justin develops really well so 35m is not a bad deal for him at all. Guille Rosas becomes a very good right back and Denzel Dumfries for 8m is quite a good deal.

I love your profile pic :)

Yes Vitinha looks really exciting prospect but Neves offers more warranty (he was really good in FM20 in my Wolves save). For my formation, I prefer 4-3-3 with a DM but I think Alli cannot fit really well in a CM duty, he needs to be higher on the pitch and I really want to play with him (even if he cost 10M each 20 games :eek:). Ward-Prowse is too expensive, Kamara already signed for another club, never saw Paulo Bernardo before and Arthur is effectively transfer listed for 7.5M only. But when I watch Ruben Neves overall attributes he looks really impressive.

For my right back, I take note and I'll maybe wait the end of transfer window to see if there is any good opportunity. The Everton finances are not so good...

I finally bought Ruben Neves and he made a great season (best signing of Premier League, second average rating of Premier League). Nathan Patterson finally took the right back spot during the second season with some good results. I finished second again behind my rival.

For the third season, I decided to splash all my cash (even if I have "only" 50M, Everton doesn't have so much money for a sugar daddy club) on wingbacks because Patterson was good but limited for a Premier League contender and Digne made a bad season considering his attributes, and I receive a 40M offer from Chelsea for him.

So welcome Luke Thomas (56M) and Max Aarons (48M).

1744320884_Capturedcran2022-04-1521_51_49.thumb.png.0743cecbfb232a3406b112858534847b.png

451233544_Capturedcran2022-04-1521_59_02.thumb.png.39da7684e52229a9c9ffbbb605d99ea0.png