[FM22] Ergotelis - We are Greek, but we aren't boring

noikeee

Posted (edited)

2025/2026 Mid-season report

HHI7EkL.png

KA4qpiW.png nAjnFka.png

It's been a nice breakthrough season in European competition. I suspected we could survive this group and we did. Atalanta felt a step too far - even if we did nick a draw against them - but we beat Slavia at home with 2 2nd half goals, and then just totally destroyed Slovan Bratislava, with a 6-1 win then a rather crazy 9-0 win away to finish the group. This has given us a lot of money that I've already invested, in upgrading the youth facilities and training facilities.

Unfortunately I think this will be it in our European run, as next we face Benfica...

In the league it's also been a breakthrough. We are firmly in the fight for the Greek title, and I suspect we might be even stronger the 2nd half of the season as I've been rotating heavily to get everyone fit for the Europa League - which should not be a problem anymore once we're out of it. We've even progressed to the cup quarter-finals too which I believe is a first in this career, we've been pretty crap in the cup in previous seasons.

As for my squad a quartet of players have been standing out. Julio Cesar hasn't been scoring as many goals as the previous season but remains top scorer on 12 so far; Hugo Novoa has also retained a high standard of performances on the right wing with 7 goals and 7 assists; and 2 new loanees have been brilliant. Ralph Nathaniel, the winger on loan from Dortmund, has been a huge hit with 10 goals and 6 assists; and Emre Demir, the mezzala on loan from Barcelona, is on 7 goals, 6 assists, and the highest ratings in the squad, 7.56.

qLcd6Tu.png

Edited by noikeee

31 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Oh man, long time since I'd seen that gif. :lol:

I figured it worked on several levels :brock:

Posted (edited)

32DjMtQ.png

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47j76ziacoownbbw68hp 

L90TsNf.png

74buNeP.png

So, yesterday I got a bit too excited messing around with UI filters and created this monster screen to track my team's performances. So let's have a look at it then. It probably makes no sense to do this midseason but we are REBELS here.

I have marked in red the highest number in each category, orange the 2nd highest, yellow the 3rd highest - ignoring anyone with less than 1000 minutes so far this season. Stats have been dividided into a) just general ones (appearances/minutes/rating); b) goals and shooting; c) passing and assists; d) dribbling; e) headers; f) defensive actions. I probably should've also looked at crosses instead of neglecting them but my screen is big but not that big.

Looking at this carefully it's actually a bloody good source of information as to who is playing well and who isn't. So let's go through each category here, bar the general one.

On the goals and shooting category it is perhaps unsurprising that our advanced forward Júlio César stands out. Ralph Nathaniel has also been a solid source of goals, which makes sense as inverted winger; whilst we are also getting good numbers from the 2 mezzalas and winger Hugo Novoa. Somewhat bemusingly Emre Demir is shooting less than Van Gestel and not quite hitting the target as often, but putting it in the back of the net more, as one of the few players in this team to overperform their xG. What this also tells me is, backup striker Paetur Isaksen has been somewhat of a disappointment with his numbers way below Júlio César.

On the passing and assists category the standout performer is unquestionably Emre Demir with the highest assists per 90, key passes, key passes per 90, clear chances created and clear chances created per 90. This added to his shooting contribution and his decent dribbling contribution and even alright defensive contributions, go a long way to explain why he is the MVP so far this season in terms of rating. That being said, the creativity is coming from several sources. Wingmen Nathaniel and Novoa also do well here, and backups Mateus (mezzala) and Elias Solberg (winger/inverted winger) are putting decent numbers providing good depth. DLPs Filippo Tripi and Damián Canedo do not put in the final balls but stand out as the players that play the most passes in a match. Here we can also sort of see which centerbacks are better on the ball than others, albeit this is skewed by some playing as BPDs whilst others as vanilla CBs.

Onto the dribbling and somewhat unsurprisingly the wingers stand out with Hugo Novoa, Nathaniel and Solberg topping the charts. The mezzalas and the IWBs occasionally dabble in this as does the AF. Noah Pesch has not had many minutes but is notable in his absence, as we can clearly see in all attacking numbers how the Croatian winger has been inferior to every other option in his position.

When it comes to aerial ability the centerbacks and DMs are unsurprisingly the standouts, but this category's numbers give me a solid explanation as to why the game thinks Amir Feratovic has been so impressive this season in ratings. He has been outstanding in the air and wins more headers than anyone else, a level above the promising youngster Sekou Guerbas and HSV loanee Luca Fink. Milan loanee Nunzio Giordani is somewhat unfairly out of the standouts due to not clearing the 1000 minutes minimum requirement (I cannot play him in the league as he's under a youth contract by Milan) but he has essentially been performing at the same level as the others or even slightly better.

Onto defensive actions and things get a little interesting here. If Amir Feratovic is the king in the air, Sekou Gerbas has been the more clinical defender in balls down the floor. However the real key bit in the analysis here is the fight for the rightback position between the inconsistent pacey youngster Moussa Doumbouya and the more experienced Victor Maffeo. The numbers seem to suggest Maffeo has been a bit of a defensive powerhouse which is somewhat surprising given the RB has the more attacking role of the 2 fullbacks. Given he also scores our penalty kicks when he's in the team, this goes a long way to explain his ratings, and makes me think I should keep him in the side, demoting Doumbouya. The more measured (support duty) leftback role is being fought by Ayoub El Ouali and Emmanuel Roggerone and here things are a little inconclusive as El Ouali seems to be better at intercepting whilst Roggerone a better tackler. With Roggerone being a bit of a slow player I will keep on sticking with El Ouali who also seems to be better in his creative numbers.

To finish off this special post, I'd like to present our new goalkeeper, Peder Hoel Lervik:

oa98qsv.png

Edited by noikeee

Pbc7312.png

Uh, I completely missed that this was happening. They came in and paid the release clause, I missed the news item, and when I noticed it he was already gone.

A fairly good deal but now we're out of a winger. Onto the transfer market...

xoc1tU0.png

D5kDW53.png

Enjoyed reading this, good luck !

i'm at Crete next summer and i like OFI Crete , visited them before in 2018 and had a short save with them .

Now they have a new owner sinds 2018 and are back in the top flight. i think i'm going to start with them , with some kind of transfer policy (yes i'm going to do transfers for the first time since my gibraltar save from last fm)

On 16/06/2022 at 15:45, OlivierL said:

Enjoyed reading this, good luck !

i'm at Crete next summer and i like OFI Crete , visited them before in 2018 and had a short save with them .

Now they have a new owner sinds 2018 and are back in the top flight. i think i'm going to start with them , with some kind of transfer policy (yes i'm going to do transfers for the first time since my gibraltar save from last fm)

Thanks!

I'd love to visit Greece one day, it's on the bucket list...

zcnwNXd.png

OdeBGx8.png

Aaargh. So close.

First leg was a bit of a damage limitation job, we were without a few players and were just outclassed. Kept them to just 2 goals which was okay I guess. On the return I didn't really have many hopes of taking them on, but we looked much better, and to my shock we actually tied everything up on injury time with a long range shot from Nathaniel, taking it to extra time.

In ET the tired legs of our defence were eventually defeated by Belotti, and that's our European run over, but I'm pretty happy with it... It has helped fund this, by the way:

PFuDDlx.png

2025/26 - End of regular season report

Little look at the January transfer window first:

Transfers

Losing Hugo Novoa wasn't on the plans, but an influx of 3M€ was good. This allowed us to bring a couple replacements, and also start moving in the transfer market to seal deals for next season.

Beyond new goalkeeper Peder Hoel Lervik whom I've shown already above - and who has been excellent, immediately grabbing a first team starting slot - I've hired the following 2 players:

Jairo Cardozo (AMC, AMR, ST) - Lacking in finishing, but a very promising all-round attacker otherwise, he's been my direct Novoa replacement for the right wing for now.

Giorgos Koutsias (ML, AML, AMR, ST) - Perhaps an overly expensive loan as he's now the highest paid player in the squad, but his versatility allows me to bring in another solid sub. I loaned out Noah Pesch who had been a bit crap, and he has slotted in his place as the backup AML behind Nathaniel. Already scored 4 goals for us.

ebNRZUE.png

S0VsqEM.png

Our European run ends at the hands of Benfica after extra time on the 2nd leg, but good things are still happening elsewhere this season. We are firmly on the battle for the Greek title, in what's now a clear 3-way battle between us, Olympiacos, and AEK who have the slight advantage at the moment. It could be the first time the title goes to Crete, stay tuned...

Another very exciting development is we've booked our place in the Greek Cup final for the first time, after a late goal in the 2nd leg of a tight tie vs PAOK. Panathinaikos await us in May in the deciding match.

Posted (edited)

Another signing sealed just after I had posted:

Raphael (DC, DM) - Promising Brazilian centerback who arrives on a free after the squad registration period is over. I'm not sure he has what it takes to start right now, but isn't too far off.

edit: I didn't notice he wasn't joining just yet... I have another 3 signings lined up for next year, he's just one more I guess.

Edited by noikeee

On 24/06/2022 at 21:41, Sheriff7 said:

Koutsias is a great talent mate. 

First cap, and he scores!

RTOSCTh.png

aJeVVUT.png

yXcQn6c.png

I'm not super duper sold on him, he's fairly good but he's not technically amazing, and the fact he's on loan from what's effectively a rival, isn't helping.

You probably mean in real life though!

Van Gestel sneaks into the top 50 wonderkids! Just, in 49th.

0oIekK8.png

He's been having a great season and is indeed possibly our most talented player overall at the moment.

G0XMBf1.png

The "Wnt" means Sporting Gijon are chasing him. He has a 6.5M€ release clause which isn't brilliant (in fact pretty damn cheap for a player like this) but it's what we could give him. Given we hired him for 93K€, it's a big profit I expect we're gonna be making sooner rather than later...

On 27/06/2022 at 00:00, noikeee said:

First cap, and he scores!

RTOSCTh.png

aJeVVUT.png

yXcQn6c.png

I'm not super duper sold on him, he's fairly good but he's not technically amazing, and the fact he's on loan from what's effectively a rival, isn't helping.

You probably mean in real life though!

Both IRL and in fm mate.At least in my save in Cyprus.