MLS draftees capped at 130 PA?!

So, I had this crazy idea of making MLS the best league in the world and US the best and quite frankly the only footballing coutry in my database. I changed lots of things in said database, including all the funny stuff like league reputation, game importance, youth rating etc. and ran few years of simulation to see, how it could affect the game. What Ive noticed thanks to in-game editor is that MLS draftees seem capped at 130 PA. So my question is - why?!

11 hours ago, tts0 said:

So, I had this crazy idea of making MLS the best league in the world and US the best and quite frankly the only footballing coutry in my database. I changed lots of things in said database, including all the funny stuff like league reputation, game importance, youth rating etc. and ran few years of simulation to see, how it could affect the game. What Ive noticed thanks to in-game editor is that MLS draftees seem capped at 130 PA. So my question is - why?!

I would have thought that it was unlikely in real life that the MLS could not produce any player with such a low PA limit and also unlikely that the game could or would cap a PA limit.  Perhaps something you have edited has triggered this?

• Administrators

Just to add a little bit more on this, no nation has a set 'limit' - even some of the traditionally nations which don't have a record of producing talent can produce a once in a lifetime talent far better than anyone that's come before. 

Guys, thanks for replying. So, that might be a bug or like the wierdest coincidence ever. Unfortunatelly, Im an idiot, who already deleted the save file and the editor file, so I cant report it. Anyway, I conjecture that it might have something to do with a fact, that MLS draftees are generated at the age of 20-22. My initial thought was, its also affected by the teams and leagues reputaton, their facilities, youth developement etc, but even maxing it out didint get me any player above 130 PA. There were plenty at 130 PA year in year out though, so thats why it seemed capped to me.Maybe there is somebody with similar experience?

When were they generated? IIRC all newgens created at game start are capped at 130. So any club that needs players generated for them because there aren't enough in the default database can't get anybody with over 130 PA.

That should only be the case for the first year though. Not sure how long it takes for those generated players to actually make it to the draft, so if you've only run a few years maybe the initial batch are still the ones being drafted (check their history page, if the first entry is 2021 or 2022 (for a Jan 2022 start) then that's the case). Any generated in later years should be uncapped though.

8 hours ago, rusty217 said:

When were they generated? IIRC all newgens created at game start are capped at 130. So any club that needs players generated for them because there aren't enough in the default database can't get anybody with over 130 PA.

That should only be the case for the first year though. Not sure how long it takes for those generated players to actually make it to the draft, so if you've only run a few years maybe the initial batch are still the ones being drafted (check their history page, if the first entry is 2021 or 2022 (for a Jan 2022 start) then that's the case). Any generated in later years should be uncapped though.

So, I ran a quick test and that actually seems the case. I would classify that as a bug though, cuz all those "propper" newgens, not capped at 130 PA are not eligible for a draft till like 5 seasons in. But anyway, maybe it would actually simulate me a more realistic and gradual growth path for my fictional universe.

Edited by tts0