Marking the keeper - thoughts?

I have a CB with 19 jumping and two strikers with 16 jumping. I want to instruct the kicker to aim set pieces at a particular player - should I have them aimed at the tallest guy even if he's a defender, or the 16 striker with better finishing and have the massive CB stand in the keeper's way?

Does it actually do anything? Curious if any of you have any experience or thoughts.

Yes, it is effective, however during set pieces there are a few more things to consider. 

The player marking the keeper should also have strength as well as good balance, while the players attacking the ball should have a good heading. I always place my tallest players with the best jumping to attack the ball and then pick the one to challenge the keeper.

So I guess my question is, should I stop overthinking it and have the massive CB be the target on corners too? Am I being distracted by a specialized instruction that is unnecessary?

For anyone with similar questions, if it helps, I decided to remove the "mark the keeper" role and just put the biggest guy as the target for both wide free kicks and corners. He's scored 3 in our first 2 games.

On 04/04/2022 at 00:29, Weston said:

So I guess my question is, should I stop overthinking it and have the massive CB be the target on corners too? Am I being distracted by a specialized instruction that is unnecessary?

There are other things other than heading hand jumping reach. I like aggression, bravery and strength. I normally take the average of those attribute a pick the player that scores higher to attack the ball