How to get the CM(A) to be as attacking as the MEZ(A) without drifting him wide?

I noticed that for my style of play (433-Wide-DM) I need an attacking CM, who stays more on the center of the pitch rather than drifting wide... The MEZ is perfect in terms of making runs forward, but he stays a bit too wide and does not offer passing options to my CDM. I tried the CM(A), however, I can see that this role is not as attacking as the MEZ. I am currently playing the CM(A) with Roaming option and run into channels. Anyone else mind to share his/her experience? Is it possible to tweak that role with PIs to get it more attacking minded?

How's your setup looking @goku4

So far, I've found the CM(A) to be a great option, with those runs from deep getting into the box 

It can depend on who you have on the flanks in a 4-3-3 DM

Set up like this allows him the freedom to get forward and make those runs 

DLF(A)

W(S)                          IF(A)

CM(A)  CM(S)

1 hour ago, Johnny Ace said:

How's your setup looking @goku4

So far, I've found the CM(A) to be a great option, with those runs from deep getting into the box 

It can depend on who you have on the flanks in a 4-3-3 DM

Set up like this allows him the freedom to get forward and make those runs 

DLF(A)

W(S)                          IF(A)

CM(A)  CM(S)

CF(S)

W(S)                                                       IW(A)

CM(A)           MEZ(S)

1 minute ago, goku4 said:

CF(S)

W(S)                                                       IW(A)

CM(A)           MEZ(S)

Nothing wrong with that, maybe your PI's aren't helping?

3 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Nothing wrong with that, maybe your PI's aren't helping?

Yeah, I have him on roaming and move into channels. Any better propositions? I dont know, maybe I should not use any PIs?

7 minutes ago, goku4 said:

Yeah, I have him on roaming and move into channels. Any better propositions? I dont know, maybe I should not use any PIs?

Yeah, I'm thinking just remove those, with both those instructions he could easily end up being wide of where you want him 

1 hour ago, goku4 said:

I tried the CM(A), however, I can see that this role is not as attacking as the MEZ.

I don't think you can replicate MEZ's behaviour completely, certain roles are just hardcoded to be more attacking than others. In their role descriptions, MEZat is described as a role that will "mainly look to make attacking contributions in the final third", whereas CMat will just "surge into final third more readily". In practice, that probably means that under the hood Mentality/Creative Freedom of MEZat is slightly higher than that of CMat, meaning no instruction will make them behave in the same way.

What you could do, is teach your CMat the Get Forward Whenever Possible/Gets Into Opposition Area trait and see if that makes them more attacking.

26 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

I'd definitely remove the roaming from the CM/A.

I will try it out without those PIs. Is "Arrives Late in the opposition area" an issue? I play Mac Allister as CM(A) and he has that trait. Somehow Alzate who has not this trait is performing better and making more runs...

7 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I would think so, pretty sure it delays runs into the box and will make him hold back until others are in the box

Maybe that could be the issue. I am now playing without roaming and move into channels and also use a player there without that trait and it is working way way better. I will be using MacAllister as the Mez(S) I guess...

3 minutes ago, goku4 said:

Maybe that could be the issue. I am now playing without roaming and move into channels and also use a player there without that trait and it is working way way better. I will be using MacAllister as the Mez(S) I guess...

That would make sense

Behold the power of Player Traits :thup:

21 hours ago, goku4 said:

I will try it out without those PIs. Is "Arrives Late in the opposition area" an issue? I play Mac Allister as CM(A) and he has that trait. Somehow Alzate who has not this trait is performing better and making more runs...

21 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

I would think so, pretty sure it delays runs into the box and will make him hold back until others are in the box

Arrives late will make him an edge of the box option, or a late header if you have built up play. If you want him to be a getting in the box/goal scoring option, you want gets forward at all times or gets into opposition area and you need great off the ball as well as other good game reading mentals (anticipation, decisions) and good acceleration

I had this for some time

Cf(s)

If(s)                             Iw(s)

Mez(a)   Cm(a)

The idea is to have lot of option in the box when the ball is in the final third. It works for most of the time.

Cm got move into channel and take more risk.