Which trait suits best?

If i wanted to replicate Peps wingers, would it be best to train the trait Arrive Late to box or Get into opposition box

I want them to remain wide but when the ball gets near the box to get in the box.

(i use them in IW(S) with stay wider in the midfield rather then AM slot, if thats necessary info)

Edited by Miragepredator

First of all, have you tried playing them as just wingers and seen how they behave? if yes, why do you think a trait will get you the result you need?

Personally, I don't consider traits until I don't have other options because I see traits as permanent like tattoos. Yes you can take them off but not all then is it worth the hassle? If you decided to change you play style and the trait is no longer suitable would you train then to stop with no guarantee that it would work or sell the player that could have contributed a lot to your team.

On 25/03/2022 at 08:27, DarJ said:

First of all, have you tried playing them as just wingers and seen how they behave? if yes, why do you think a trait will get you the result you need?

Personally, I don't consider traits until I don't have other options because I see traits as permanent like tattoos. Yes you can take them off but not all then is it worth the hassle? If you decided to change you play style and the trait is no longer suitable would you train then to stop with no guarantee that it would work or sell the player that could have contributed a lot to your team.

I usually never train traits but started up a save to see how effective the traits are in getting my ideas across

I put the traits Move into channels on the free 8's, beat the offside trap for both wingers, the striker and one of the free 8's. Odegaard already has come deep to collect ball.

Since i posted here, ive set up another more simple version with Winger(S) at the AM slot rather then midfield and the movement from the free 8's have been great and wingers beat the offside trap but the far side winger does not get into the box much

I wanted other peoples opinions on which of those two traits in particular made more sense

8 hours ago, zgiorgos10 said:

You have to consider the mentality of the team and of course the team shape. Try play vey fluid attacking and use them as inverted wingers in am strata. Or wingers.

Team shape doesn’t exist anymore 

12 hours ago, Miragepredator said:

Essentially what i want to do is replicate Sterling while he played at RW

You can play him as a winger and give him the trait to cut inside 

5 hours ago, Hilly1979 said:

Team shape doesn’t exist anymore 

Are you sure? Check your creative freedom bar on tactics when you change the shape of the team. Look how your players react if you play standard or very fluid. You can find the team shape on the bottom left of your tactics screen 

37 minutes ago, zgiorgos10 said:

Are you sure? Check your creative freedom bar on tactics when you change the shape of the team. Look how your players react if you play standard or very fluid. You can find the team shape on the bottom left of your tactics screen 

Team shape exists in as far as how the AI needs to use it. It tells the AI basically what your distribution of duties are. In as far as the impact on the tactic, its not something we should be too concerned with.  I do tend to like more structured tactics where I have specific roles and duties breaking away, however the roles you choose have a bigger impact than the shape has. So one needs to look at roles and duties more than paying attention to shape.