[FM22.4] 40 team World Cup

11 hours ago, rbirdy17 said:

Alright, I followed your tutorial and I have the WC alone in its own advanced editor!!
So now, if I want to edit it back to the 32 team WC, do you suggest I follow the tutorial for all the qualifying comps and other comps and their qualifying to the advanced editor aswell and have it all as one big file? Ex. AFCWCQ, solidarity cup, asian cupQ , UEFAWCQ, eurosQ and so on ......    ??

How do you add international rules when adding rules to the file and than copy/pasting any existing comp rules ?

Thanks

Yeah, it'll all need to be in one big file. There'll be no need to add international files again. Just go through the process to copy/paste. Add some new blank rules in your WC file to paste over the top of and make sure to add the new competitions/qualifiers to the competitions page on the main international rules.

IIRC some of the qualifying tournaments were pretty bare. I think I had to work out Africa and Europe from scratch pretty much.

14 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Yeah, it'll all need to be in one big file. There'll be no need to add international files again. Just go through the process to copy/paste. Add some new blank rules in your WC file to paste over the top of and make sure to add the new competitions/qualifiers to the competitions page on the main international rules.

IIRC some of the qualifying tournaments were pretty bare. I think I had to work out Africa and Europe from scratch pretty much.

I am sending a gyazo of the file I have with all the comps in the advanced editor if that is correct ? And if not, how do I correct it?

I am confused as to what you are saying in the description.

thanks

bc9ee36553a3a2b1fe1d641755abe0cf.png

6 hours ago, rbirdy17 said:

I am sending a gyazo of the file I have with all the comps in the advanced editor if that is correct ? And if not, how do I correct it?

I am confused as to what you are saying in the description.

thanks

Ah, FM19? I don't actually own that one so not sure if there are any differences in the editor. Is there a main international competitions section though? You should have something like the below where you list all the competitions, this is the page that tells the game what competition files to run, and if it's setup as an international database file will tell it what competitions to verify too.

20221105095542_1.thumb.jpg.74d33a96a6c7ad823ab7852bb256e561.jpg

9 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Ah, FM19? I don't actually own that one so not sure if there are any differences in the editor. Is there a main international competitions section though? You should have something like the below where you list all the competitions, this is the page that tells the game what competition files to run, and if it's setup as an international database file will tell it what competitions to verify too.

20221105095542_1.thumb.jpg.74d33a96a6c7ad823ab7852bb256e561.jpg

The gyazo above in my previous message is FM19 editor ya. That is the main screen I get when I import the WC file I made in the advanced editor. Doesnt show INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIONS just LISTS. 
Did you have to add international rules to get that tag ?

16 minutes ago, rbirdy17 said:

The gyazo above in my previous message is FM19 editor ya. That is the main screen I get when I import the WC file I made in the advanced editor. Doesnt show INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIONS just LISTS. 
Did you have to add international rules to get that tag ?

I did, yeah. Went to add international rules then convert to advanced and that's the base screen for international rules. Although I'm not sure how it was done in FM19, so it may well be different.

14 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I did, yeah. Went to add international rules then convert to advanced and that's the base screen for international rules. Although I'm not sure how it was done in FM19, so it may well be different.

Alright. When you went to add international rules, convert to advanced rules, than what did you do?

8 hours ago, rbirdy17 said:

Alright. When you went to add international rules, convert to advanced rules, than what did you do?

Start adding the rules. On the list page click Add, which will give you a new set of Other Rules, go to them and edit them to my liking. Continue until I have all the competitions I want.

16 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Start adding the rules. On the list page click Add, which will give you a new set of Other Rules, go to them and edit them to my liking. Continue until I have all the competitions I want.

So you added every international competition individually that way and edited yourself?
I am lost...

Are you willing to do a picture guide of how to do it ?
I may have to do this on FM21

Edited by rbirdy17

7 hours ago, rbirdy17 said:

So you added every international competition individually that way and edited yourself?
I am lost...

Are you willing to do a picture guide of how to do it ?
I may have to do this on FM21

No, I copy/pasted them. Then edited them.

I posted a picture guide of how to copy/paste international rules here https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/540347-how-to-extract-continental-club-and-international-files-from-editor-tutorial/?do=findComment&comment=13403624

5 hours ago, rusty217 said:

No, I copy/pasted them. Then edited them.

I posted a picture guide of how to copy/paste international rules here https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/540347-how-to-extract-continental-club-and-international-files-from-editor-tutorial/?do=findComment&comment=13403624

So you copy/pasted ALL the major international comps into 1 big file?

I did look at your link, but was confused at the part that says " Add Club Continental (or International, in which case you can skip to converting to advanced rules) rules." so with adding international rules, you skip the next part?
And the next part after that one, says to" pick 2 nations to the qualification system, as long as they are the right continent."  with the WC, which nations do you pick since it doesnt have a set continent?

So you copy/pasted ALL the major international comps into 1 big file?

I did look at your link, but was confused at the part that says " Add Club Continental (or International, in which case you can skip to converting to advanced rules) rules." so with adding international rules, you skip the next part?
And the next part after that one, says to" pick 2 nations to the qualification system, as long as they are the right continent."  with the WC, which nations do you pick since it doesnt have a set continent?

You can skip that part if you're doing internationals. It's just for club continental competitions since they won't let you convert to advanced rules until you add a qualification system.

Hi, Just wondering if I wanted to change it back to 48 teams but the format of the competition I wanted it to become 12 groups of 4 teams and the next round will be 32teams, which means that 8th best 3rd placed qualify for the knockout. Can I change it by through your database or that means I need to again starting from zero. I wanted it to become 48 teams so it gave opportunity to smaller nation to have a shot to qualify to the world cup but the format that FM use which is 3 teams per group is not I wanted thus I want to change the format if possible. Sorry for long explanation. Hope you can help me 

1 hour ago, alepnajmey said:

Hi, Just wondering if I wanted to change it back to 48 teams but the format of the competition I wanted it to become 12 groups of 4 teams and the next round will be 32teams, which means that 8th best 3rd placed qualify for the knockout. Can I change it by through your database or that means I need to again starting from zero. I wanted it to become 48 teams so it gave opportunity to smaller nation to have a shot to qualify to the world cup but the format that FM use which is 3 teams per group is not I wanted thus I want to change the format if possible. Sorry for long explanation. Hope you can help me 

You might be able to just edit the default WC rules and not need to change anything else. The qualifiers will give you 48 teams anyway, so as long as they don't break due to the WC being edited, it shouldn't be a problem.

Here's a guide for how to edit international competition rules, in case you need it.
https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/540347-how-to-extract-continental-club-and-international-files-from-editor-tutorial/page/2/#comment-13403624

Edited by rusty217

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

You might be able to just edit the default WC rules and not need to change anything else. The qualifiers will give you 48 teams anyway, so as long as they don't break due to the WC being edited, it shouldn't be a problem.

Here's a guide for how to edit international competition rules, in case you need it.
https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/540347-how-to-extract-continental-club-and-international-files-from-editor-tutorial/page/2/#comment-13403624

Thanks for answering. I have a new question to ask. So if I also want to change the way qualifying round work, do i need to do it in the same advance rules as the world cup or can I just do it separately? Because in some federations, the amount of countries are not dividable, so I want to change some of the nations' federation and also want to add some new nations to its federation. Due to that, I also want to change the qualifying round format and also, want to know how do you change the allocation for each continent. 

5 hours ago, alepnajmey said:

Thanks for answering. I have a new question to ask. So if I also want to change the way qualifying round work, do i need to do it in the same advance rules as the world cup or can I just do it separately? Because in some federations, the amount of countries are not dividable, so I want to change some of the nations' federation and also want to add some new nations to its federation. Due to that, I also want to change the qualifying round format and also, want to know how do you change the allocation for each continent. 

It would all need to be the same file, yes. You'd just change the number of teams that qualify. eg. if it's currently 5 groups with the top team from each group qualifying, you change that to top 2 to go from 5 places to 10 places.

7 hours ago, rusty217 said:

It would all need to be the same file, yes. You'd just change the number of teams that qualify. eg. if it's currently 5 groups with the top team from each group qualifying, you change that to top 2 to go from 5 places to 10 places!

So if I followed your steps, I need to change the nation of all tournament I want to change to one nation, right? I am a bit confused because the example you shown is for the continental competition. Would be helpful if you could give me guidance in pictures. but anyway thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, alepnajmey said:

So if I followed your steps, I need to change the nation of all tournament I want to change to one nation, right? I am a bit confused because the example you shown is for the continental competition. Would be helpful if you could give me guidance in pictures. but anyway thanks for your help!

It's basically the same for internationals as continentals. Yes, you need to change the nation to the same one, but it's important you don't edit the rules in that file. It's just for getting access to the rules so you can copy/paste them over to your actual international rules file.

8 hours ago, rusty217 said:

It's basically the same for internationals as continentals. Yes, you need to change the nation to the same one, but it's important you don't edit the rules in that file. It's just for getting access to the rules so you can copy/paste them over to your actual international rules file.

Hey, I followed your steps. Basically i changed their nation to germany and it works for world cup and all world cup qualifiers except the oceania ones. It did not appear in the advance rules of the nation. Pretty sure i used the same steps but yet, it still does not appear. Just wondering if it happened to you before

4 hours ago, alepnajmey said:

Hey, I followed your steps. Basically i changed their nation to germany and it works for world cup and all world cup qualifiers except the oceania ones. It did not appear in the advance rules of the nation. Pretty sure i used the same steps but yet, it still does not appear. Just wondering if it happened to you before

Oceania's qualifiers are under the OCE Nations Cup instead. It's two tournaments in one.

15 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Oceania's qualifiers are under the OCE Nations Cup instead. It's two tournaments in one.

aha I think being an editor is not suitable with me, so I am going to use your database. Wonder which one is the latest one because got many files

21 hours ago, alepnajmey said:

aha I think being an editor is not suitable with me, so I am going to use your database. Wonder which one is the latest one because got many files

There's a lot to it when it comes to international competitions! If you want to try editing against at some point I'd recommend starting simple with domestic competitions. Adding brand new ones for countries that don't have leagues already in the game is pretty simple. Then move your way up to internationals.

The one at the top of the OP is the latest version. There is unfortunately a bug with AFCON qualifiers skipping a year (although the AFCON itself still works), that I haven't been able to fix on the FM23 version even so far, but other than that I believe it all works fine.

Is there a guide to getting the basic rules right?  I'm having trouble editing the African qualifying section to a knockout stage (1st round) of 48 teams (Seeded) followed by a group stage (2nd round) of 24 teams + the top 6 teams in Africa (Seeded) divided into 5 groups.  

I'm in favor of keeping the default setup for other continental qualifiers because I like the 32 teams World Cup format. Also, I want it to be permanent.

Edited by CroissantEater6

I am lost for how to do all this. Just tried editing with all the major comps added into 1 advanced rules file, and getting errors of "24 teams are needed in euros, 0 are found" when it shows 24 teams in it.....
All this just to get back to a 32 nation WC. Ridiculous

12 hours ago, rbirdy17 said:

I am lost for how to do all this. Just tried editing with all the major comps added into 1 advanced rules file, and getting errors of "24 teams are needed in euros, 0 are found" when it shows 24 teams in it.....
All this just to get back to a 32 nation WC. Ridiculous

It is a pain indeed! IIRC the Euro qualifiers don't correctly copy over when opening them in the editor and the stages/qualification for them effectively need to be recreated from scratch. That's probably the reason for the error with the Euros not finding enough teams.

15 hours ago, rusty217 said:

It is a pain indeed! IIRC the Euro qualifiers don't correctly copy over when opening them in the editor and the stages/qualification for them effectively need to be recreated from scratch. That's probably the reason for the error with the Euros not finding enough teams.

I tried a different approach and just edited the 48 team WC and organized into 12 groups of 4, top 2 advance and 8 best 3rd place sides. It verified, yet load up the game and try it, and the KO stages dont even happen, and the 2019 asian cup, the qualifying and the euros dont even happen.....

I dont even know how to copy and paste everything.

I tried a different approach and just edited the 48 team WC and organized into 12 groups of 4, top 2 advance and 8 best 3rd place sides. It verified, yet load up the game and try it, and the KO stages dont even happen, and the 2019 asian cup, the qualifying and the euros dont even happen.....

I dont even know how to copy and paste everything.

Typically international tournaments have fixed knockout draws. eg. they get the 1st team from group A and the 2nd team from group B and they play each other. So changing the number of groups or how many teams qualify per group would mean you'd need to re-write the team selection and draw of the knockout round too.

Some competitions just break if another competition is edited, unless they're also included in the edited rules. That may have been the case with those.

48 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Typically international tournaments have fixed knockout draws. eg. they get the 1st team from group A and the 2nd team from group B and they play each other. So changing the number of groups or how many teams qualify per group would mean you'd need to re-write the team selection and draw of the knockout round too.

Some competitions just break if another competition is edited, unless they're also included in the edited rules. That may have been the case with those.

But if I were to edit the KO rounds with the cup mapping, how do you do that with 3rd place teams at play? you dont know which 3rd place side plays who

11 minutes ago, rbirdy17 said:

But if I were to edit the KO rounds with the cup mapping, how do you do that with 3rd place teams at play? you dont know which 3rd place side plays who

Have a look at any competitions that do it to see how they manage it.

Personally I just skip that part and have it as a random draw.

13 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Have a look at any competitions that do it to see how they manage it.

Personally I just skip that part and have it as a random draw.

I have been trying to with the euros, not working. How do you have random draws?

18 hours ago, rbirdy17 said:

I tried downloading it and importing it into FM21 editor to no avail

Ah, fair enough. It's the same as you'd do it for any other cup though. Just Get Qualified Teams From Stage with a Requirement for the previous stage, and of course setting teams to qualify for the next stage from the groups rather than to be inserted into the cup stage.

4 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Ah, fair enough. It's the same as you'd do it for any other cup though. Just Get Qualified Teams From Stage with a Requirement for the previous stage, and of course setting teams to qualify for the next stage from the groups rather than to be inserted into the cup stage.

How do you do that? like this is what I have now from my edits.
Group stage is all fine, 16 teams advance.

Go to 2nd round KO and I get this.... What happened to the other 4 teams? And where would I go to fix this?

This is what I have for the edit under teams in the KO round

0345267216c268f9403b085e099a880c.png

24556841a5e8e858a92a76850e8e4f80.png

72b5790081f23cf6b7cfc5b55e7e94e9.png

Edited by rbirdy17

hi @rusty217I was after some advice i have downloaded your Russia to Asia file it works fine in fm23 apart from the Russian teams not been able to play in the Asian champions league on steam there is a fix for this by putting russia as the soviet union how could i do this to your file and how easy is this to do thank you.

8 hours ago, latrell said:

hi @rusty217I was after some advice i have downloaded your Russia to Asia file it works fine in fm23 apart from the Russian teams not been able to play in the Asian champions league on steam there is a fix for this by putting russia as the soviet union how could i do this to your file and how easy is this to do thank you.

It's impossible to do, sorry. Asian club competitions just don't include new countries that have been moved over, doesn't matter whether that's russia, the USSR, Israel or anybody else. You'd need to create new Asian club competitions from scratch in order to add extra nations (if done that way you could probably just use base russia still, although they'd play at neutral venues rather than home).

If you want russia to play continental competitions by switching them for the Soviet Union then you'd need to keep them in Europe.

Edited by rusty217

3 hours ago, rusty217 said:

It's impossible to do, sorry. Asian club competitions just don't include new countries that have been moved over, doesn't matter whether that's russia, the USSR, Israel or anybody else. You'd need to create new Asian club competitions from scratch in order to add extra nations (if done that way you could probably just use base russia still, although they'd play at neutral venues rather than home).

If you want russia to play continental competitions by switching them for the Soviet Union then you'd need to keep them in Europe.

ok thanks rusty for getting back to me i understand now.

49 minutes ago, vassilispyrgos said:

@rusty217 Rusty i had an idea for World Cup

i would like not only the first two teams to progress but i would like to create a round of 24 teams with the 3rd teams to progress also

is it easy to create it or will it mess up?

It's possible, but it wouldn't be easy unless you're experience with the advanced rules editor. I think somebody has done something similar as an adjustment to the 48 team WC for FM23 already though, have a look at that for an idea of how to do it.

20 hours ago, rusty217 said:

It's possible, but it wouldn't be easy unless you're experience with the advanced rules editor. I think somebody has done something similar as an adjustment to the 48 team WC for FM23 already though, have a look at that for an idea of how to do it.

i can not find which post is