AMC Role

i have rafeal van der vaart as my amc but i am wondering what is the best way of setting that position up with someone who isn't quick or a great dribbler to get the best out of him.

best a hae seen is juan roman riquemen

cant spell his last name

Why would you give him rwb rarely? I always set my playmaker to rwb often. It seams the most logical to do. He should run around with he ball.

to play 'simple' passing game? OP said he doesn't consider RVDV to be a great dribbler. but i would leave his RwB on mixed and increase his passing options a lot and experiment with forward runs mixed/often.

Why would you give him rwb rarely? I always set my playmaker to rwb often. It seams the most logical to do. He should run around with he ball.

I have vdv and just by looking at him the best setup would be

playmaker

free role

rwb - often

fwr - mixed/often

passing - depend's on the typ of tactic, but low direct would be best

long shots - often

ttb - often

cross - mixed

creative freedom 18+

Again it depends on what typ of tactic you are making, are you playing with 1 or 2 strikers, are the wingers cutting inside or going for the byline cross...

Forwrard runs mixed.

On FM08 I had Silva playing the AMC role and despite him having top notch dribbling, pace, passing and creativity, I found it to be counter productive to give him both Run with ball and try through balls often. Maybe because they're conflicting instructions. So I set one of them to often and the other to mixed.

Long shots I always set rarely to all my players. Remember, rarely doesn't mean 'never'. I just don't want any of my players considering taking a long shot unless it really is the only option that's left, as the chances of scoring them aren't as high or as satisfying as scoring more 'team-based goals'.

Creative Freedom maybe lowest notch of 'much'? Too high and he'll play like a kid on a school playground.

No idea what VDV's stats are but I've tried leaving Run With Ball off on certain playmakers and it worked well - I wanted him to play through balls to the strikers or spread it wide to wingers in space for them to cross in, rather then running at defences themselves if their physical attributes or dribbling & balance stats were low.

Archived