dynamics of the game or a graphic error?

Does anyone know the reason why sometimes, the setting of the steps that you see in the tactics panel (photo 1), does not correspond to the setting that you see in the player's personal file (photo 2) .....

this can be achieved by first setting the instructions on the single player, and then going to modify the team instructions, or, as you can see in the photo, I first set the direct passage, then I set the "take Fewer risks", consequently the bars of the passes on the single player have changed, there is only that of the short passes, but looking from the tactical panel you can see that it has kept the instruction on the direct pass.

is it a dynamics of the game or a graphic error?

PHOTO 1

tattica.PNG

scheda.PNG

Edited by FmTheory

If you increase the TI to max directness (much more direct) for passing; you will see that the PI is "full bar" and saying "Shorter Passing". That means; that role will be pass shorter from the actual max TI directness.

Il 13/3/2022 in 21:36 , coach vahid ha scritto:

Sì. È possibile. Non ho mai avuto questo bug. 

you can have it if you want, it is not occasional, it is systematic.

just set single player passes before setting team passes or take less risk.

at this point, after setting the team passes, although the setting on the single will be hidden, it will remain if you look at the list of instructions from the tactical panel

Il 13/3/2022 in 22:29 , fc.cadoni ha scritto:

Se aumenti il TI alla massima direttività (molto più diretta) per il passaggio; vedrai che il PI è "barra completa" e dice "Passing più breve". Questo significa; quel ruolo sarà più breve rispetto all'effettiva direttività massima di TI.

I'm not talking about that, look at the pictures, it's the same player at the same time.

on the personal card has the short passages.

but looking at his instruction list from the tactical panel he has direct steps

this weirdness can be achieved voluntarily with the method I explained earlier, but at this point I would like to understand which instruction is really set on the player

1 minute ago, FmTheory said:

I'm not talking about that, look at the pictures, it's the same player at the same time.

on the personal card has the short passages.

but looking at his instruction list from the tactical panel he has direct steps

this weirdness can be achieved voluntarily with the method I explained earlier, but at this point I would like to understand which instruction is really set on the player

Yes mate, I get what you mean. Check the Pressing Intensity as well. If you max out the TI - Much More Urgent; player instruction shows as "Less Often". SI need to come with better UI on this because it creates confusion.

2 minuti fa, fc.cadoni ha scritto:

Sì amico, ho capito cosa intendi. Controlla anche l'intensità di pressatura. Se esaurisci il TI - Molto più urgente; le istruzioni del giocatore vengono visualizzate come "Meno spesso". SI deve avere un'interfaccia utente migliore su questo perché crea confusione.

So in your opinion, is that player in the picture really set on short passes or Direct passes?

45 minutes ago, FmTheory said:

So in your opinion, is that player in the picture really set on short passes or Direct passes?

If you remove More Direct Passing from his PI's, does it let you re-add it? 

It looks like the TI's has topped him at Shorter Passing & the More Direct has been left from a previous PI

The UI can be confusing, your best bet is to hawk eye him for a game and see for yourself if he's passing as you want 

Posted (edited)
24 minuti fa, Johnny Ace ha scritto:

Se rimuovi More Direct Passing dai suoi PI, ti consente di aggiungerlo di nuovo? 

if I remove it with the red button - the direct passage disappears. but I can make it reappear with the same method:

eliminate the pass less risk
in this way the direct passage reappears,
I select the direct passage
I reactivate the pass less risk (direct passage disappears).

but returning to the tactical panel you will have the same situation again: short passes on the personal card and direct passes in the tactical panel

Edited by FmTheory

On 11/03/2022 at 22:05, FmTheory said:

Does anyone know the reason why sometimes, the setting of the steps that you see in the tactics panel (photo 1), does not correspond to the setting that you see in the player's personal file (photo 2) .....

this can be achieved by first setting the instructions on the single player, and then going to modify the team instructions, or, as you can see in the photo, I first set the direct passage, then I set the "take Fewer risks", consequently the bars of the passes on the single player have changed, there is only that of the short passes, but looking from the tactical panel you can see that it has kept the instruction on the direct pass.

is it a dynamics of the game or a graphic error?

PHOTO 1

tattica.PNG

scheda.PNG

Hi FmTheory,

I wanted to give you an answer more quickly then this but I wanted to confirm with some colleagues before I gave a concrete answer.

From what I can see internally, it does appear to be just a visual & UI bug and doesn't effect anything with your tactics and within the match engine. 

Hope that helps with future tactical changes for you and everyone else going forwards!

• 2 weeks later...

1458636211_PISandTis.jpg.323792877da4708231c1573d3879c442.jpg

I had to try and represent it visually. And if I do get my explanation wrong, I am certain someone from SI will pop in and correct me.

When the Tactical creator was first made, it was done under the assumption that team instructions and individual instructions would work together in tandem, in some cases they would complement and in other cases they would override. For example hard tackling as a PI and setting easy tackling as a TI. Players with hard tackling as a PI would still hard tackle whilst the rest of the team would stay on feet.

As far as the team sliders go, these were created as an instruction that would affect those instructions that worked within ranges from 1-20. The team instruction would be a macro instruction that affected the whole team in bands of 4 with 1 and 20 being the lower and upper limits. 

As we added more roles, certain roles were now hardcoded to operate within fixed parameters and these could not be changed. Some roles for example had a range for passing, creative freedom and even locked in tackling or pressing set ups.  As far as  team passing directness went, different roles were expected to pass within different ranges based on the nature of the role and the team mentality.

So if I wanted to for example,  play a very quick brand of passing perhaps have the whole team playing quick one touch passing even on higher mentalities I would need to go in and assign a locked in player instruction to each individual role to "lock in" their passing. This would be done via the PI.

I dont' know when the UI bug happened, but today, we can't adjust individual passing parameters if the team passing slider is set to shorter. It needs to on Balanced, Slightly More Direct or Very direct. Setting it to Slightly More Direct will allow you to change the individual passing directness of a player by 3 zones, shorter, standard and more direct passing.  

Its unfortunately an annoying UI bug, and if you want to adjust individual passing directness, I would recommend changing your team slider to balanced or slightly more direct and then set up any specific passing PIs you want and once the PIs are set up you can adjust the team slider. As far as I know the team slider will still affect the team in a general sense, but the player instructions will act as a limiting factor for those roles assigned a PI.

Once again whether a player follows those player instructions or not will ultimately depend on his role and how the other roles in the tactic have been set up. If you have set someone to shorter passing and he doesn't have any options he could either player a dangerous short pass that can be intercepted or he could hoof the ball.

Once again, I could be wrong, but these were the parameters we were supposed to work under when the tactical creator was first designed.

• 2 months later...
在 2022/3/30 在 PM5点56分, Rashidi说:

1458636211_PISandTis.jpg.323792877da4708231c1573d3879c442.jpg

I had to try and represent it visually. And if I do get my explanation wrong, I am certain someone from SI will pop in and correct me.

When the Tactical creator was first made, it was done under the assumption that team instructions and individual instructions would work together in tandem, in some cases they would complement and in other cases they would override. For example hard tackling as a PI and setting easy tackling as a TI. Players with hard tackling as a PI would still hard tackle whilst the rest of the team would stay on feet.

As far as the team sliders go, these were created as an instruction that would affect those instructions that worked within ranges from 1-20. The team instruction would be a macro instruction that affected the whole team in bands of 4 with 1 and 20 being the lower and upper limits. 

As we added more roles, certain roles were now hardcoded to operate within fixed parameters and these could not be changed. Some roles for example had a range for passing, creative freedom and even locked in tackling or pressing set ups.  As far as  team passing directness went, different roles were expected to pass within different ranges based on the nature of the role and the team mentality.

So if I wanted to for example,  play a very quick brand of passing perhaps have the whole team playing quick one touch passing even on higher mentalities I would need to go in and assign a locked in player instruction to each individual role to "lock in" their passing. This would be done via the PI.

I dont' know when the UI bug happened, but today, we can't adjust individual passing parameters if the team passing slider is set to shorter. It needs to on Balanced, Slightly More Direct or Very direct. Setting it to Slightly More Direct will allow you to change the individual passing directness of a player by 3 zones, shorter, standard and more direct passing.  

Its unfortunately an annoying UI bug, and if you want to adjust individual passing directness, I would recommend changing your team slider to balanced or slightly more direct and then set up any specific passing PIs you want and once the PIs are set up you can adjust the team slider. As far as I know the team slider will still affect the team in a general sense, but the player instructions will act as a limiting factor for those roles assigned a PI.

Once again whether a player follows those player instructions or not will ultimately depend on his role and how the other roles in the tactic have been set up. If you have set someone to shorter passing and he doesn't have any options he could either player a dangerous short pass that can be intercepted or he could hoof the ball.

Once again, I could be wrong, but these were the parameters we were supposed to work under when the tactical creator was first designed.

catch U