How can I upgrade this lower league tactic?

On 21/03/2022 at 14:13, Johnny Ace said:

That looks fine, nothing terribly wrong with, just be aware you could be vulnerable down the left, but every set up will have it's weaknesses. I'm still not sold on the tight marking but you seem to like it, I just see it as something that would go hand in hand with defensive tactic. You could even afford to have your right FB on Attack to add another dimension do your attack

I switched the CM (A) to a BBM and it has been working well so far, we played against Blackpool who were 3rd in League One at the time, and we are in the VNS so that's like a 3 league difference but it was only 1-0 and close on XG.

On 21/03/2022 at 14:13, Johnny Ace said:

That looks fine, nothing terribly wrong with, just be aware you could be vulnerable down the left, but every set up will have it's weaknesses. I'm still not sold on the tight marking but you seem to like it, I just see it as something that would go hand in hand with defensive tactic. You could even afford to have your right FB on Attack to add another dimension do your attack

This was surprising, we are stuck here

Pill.jpg

Leagues to.jpg

9 hours ago, trueblue9877 said:

I also changed the AP (s) to CM (S) which I think is helping us defensively but it might be a better squad because our league winning odds are 3-1 now instead of the usual 300-1.

Of course a better squad helps, but I have also found the CM S to be really effective in strengthening defense

On 22/03/2022 at 22:32, Johnny Ace said:

You've done really well there @trueblue9877

You do find in some leagues, there's an out and favourite that walks the league and no matter how well you do, you just can't better them 

I wanted the tactic to be tested on a team with incredibly low odds so I used Norwich (1000-1) but in 34 games we have 48 points and are comfortably in mid table so I think I have finally broken through.

I think that is about as good as it would get for them with their current squad.

2 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Sounds like you have yourself a nice base tactic :thup:

Hi, is there any explanation for when you start another save with the same players, same team  and everything but the results don't go your way even though it was working like 5 minutes ago? that same thing happened when I started another save with Norwich  but then I started a save for the third time and the results were back to being good, and even better when I switched to the tactic that I put as a link, it's just very confusing for me.

1 hour ago, trueblue9877 said:

Hi, is there any explanation for when you start another save with the same players, same team  and everything but the results don't go your way even though it was working like 5 minutes ago?

No idea, could be for a lot of reasons, key player injured, morale etc 

44 minutes ago, trueblue9877 said:

As one of the worst teams in a league 

100% ditch the Counter Press, repeating myself here, but that should be used vs very weak teams, not as a weak team.

Role & duty wise, it's very similar to a 4-4-2 I used in FM21, I'd just change the right midfielder to a Winger (A) 

15 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

100% ditch the Counter Press, repeating myself here, but that should be used vs very weak teams, not as a weak team.

Role & duty wise, it's very similar to a 4-4-2 I used in FM21, I'd just change the right midfielder to a Winger (A) 

What do you think I should do if I am a weak team though change formation or any role changes?

9 minutes ago, trueblue9877 said:

What do you think I should do if I am a weak team though change formation or any role changes?

25 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I'd just change the right midfielder to a Winger (A) 

17 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

So you don't think I need a formation change as a very lowly team, I will alternate between this and the other one that you helped on but just remove "counter press" and make the right winger (A) duty? Nothing else?

Please I need the help!

6 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Nah, a 4-4-2's fine, I wouldn't recommend a 4-2-4 :lol:

Alright this is what I managed to create, what do you think of both of these tactics for an underdog team? 

Do you think they're good bad or somewhere in between?

Very great.jpg

Ok helped.jpg

9 hours ago, trueblue9877 said:

Do you think they're good bad or somewhere in between?

They look fine mate :thup:

4 hours ago, lennon67 said:

You would be as well asking Johnny Ace to play the game for you. 

Very true :lol: