Can i get some advices on my tactic?

Hello there! I started a new career on FM 22 today and i need some advices from you guys. The thing i want is to create a tactic which i can get 55%+ possesions and 500-900 passes. Its not important to score 3 4 goals every match. It started well actually but after 3 4 matches my team couldnt score some goals and got draws. With this tactic i dont conceed without freekicks or penalties but i wonder if i can score at least a goal every game. I hope I was able to explain myself. So this is my tactic:

image.png.0a6ce978337168f97a6f5f92833d4289.png

And my results:

image.png.e788c9390dcaa90c8b896bd0bd4f2635.png

Thats the stats of my lost game:

image.png.337ae6872d2491098f54c2312ca38bd5.png

And thats the stats of my won game:

image.png.a24e500a916ddd0c704f6c5101760df9.png

Well your results are very good, the loss you had is just one of those games you get in FM. do everything right except put the chances away. 

knowing the type of control you're wanting to have on a game in regards to possession/passing, i'd say you've achieved that. However, my guess is a lot of those passes are sideways. The other noticeable thing is the low xG compared to the number of shots, which says the quality of chances are lacking.

My thoughts and initial changes would be:

1. Overlapping WBs - i dont see a need for this with the roles selected for your MR/ML in addition to your LOE and D-Line. I would expect that when they're in a position to overlap there isn't much pitch left ahead of them to get into.

2. Striker Support - who is getting up to support the TF who isn't primarily acting as an aggressive forward? support role. He is looking for someone to bring in to the play but is probably putting 50/50 chances harmlessly to the keeper.

Changing/adding angles of attack could offer you a bit more versatility in your play while not losing the structure, my adjustments would be:

ML - DW-S. Give the WB space to run into and actually overlap (he'll still do this naturally without need for 'overlap' instruction). Plus, you've got the the AP-A on the same side to also support the play centrally. He may be better suited to a CM-A type roll, get him up the pitch supporting the TF, and let your DLP sort the play.

MR - Couple ways you could play this side. Keep the MR as the main wide man to get forward and get crosses in. but that still leaves a supporting gap centrally which you could fill by adjusting the BWMs role, or the WB to an IWB perhaps. (i dont know what your players are capable of, of course).
OR, let the MR cut inside (IW) and support the attack while the WB hits the wide areas. 

Basically, your TF needs more support if you want to improve the quality of your chances.

Have a look at your pass maps and heat maps to see where you're getting bogged down, see who is offering the least and why. is he getting bogged down by teammates in his space? or a lack of support?

but as i said, your base is working well and while your last few games haven't matched the free scoring of the opening few, you're certainly capable of it.

good luck

I've made some chances after reading you. This is a newer version of tactic:

image.png.8a247ebb559e4231f4ee1b879c5ea0fc.png

This was the heat map and avg. positions on main tactic:

671489702_nce1.png.c061a2c46d15f15d5f7eba9585416cf1.png

This is the heat map and avg. positions on new tactic:

839949949_dei1.png.ee53f1deffa9b1b2d769e33d734f4650.png

This is the results with main tactic after my first post:

image.png.c87d8f873905ae175426f9f7ebea07cf.png

The Third round of cup was with a team which plays in second division and the 4th round was with first division and im in third division. 

The main tactic also gets nice results but i think i cant get these results after promote to the second division so i try for perfecting it. Thanks for the answer btw i will try the new tactic for 10 15 games now and upload the results.

You're wanting Possession football, with zero possession based instructions, without seeing your possession stats, I'd guess you're not getting the 55% a game? It's a very aggressive set up to win the ball quickly but when on the ball, you won't keep the ball for very long

As well as the non-possession friendly team instructions, you have a lot of non-possession friendly roles too. A TM(S), doesn't suit possession & roles like the Wingbacks are risky in possession as they like to run on the ball & provide width

I would simplify from top to bottom & work from there. Something like this could work toward what you want 

• Positive
  • Play out of defense
  • Narrow
  • Shorter passing
  • Higher Tempo
  • Counter
  • Counter Press
  • Much more often

DLF-A

IW(A) CM(S) DLP(D) CM(S)  IW(A)

FB(A)   CD(D)           BPD(D) FB(A)

SK(S)

Very simple & fairly predictable but more suitable to possession football & can hopefully be effective in attack & defence. If more possession is wanted, lower the tempo. If it's getting caught out, drop the Counter Press. If you want to mix it up a bit, changing an IW to Support & the inner CM to Attack could vary the attack 

33 dakika önce, Johnny Ace said:

You're wanting Possession football, with zero possession based instructions, without seeing your possession stats, I'd guess you're not getting the 55% a game? It's a very aggressive set up to win the ball quickly but when on the ball, you won't keep the ball for very long

As well as the non-possession friendly team instructions, you have a lot of non-possession friendly roles too. A TM(S), doesn't suit possession & roles like the Wingbacks are risky in possession as they like to run on the ball & provide width

I would simplify from top to bottom & work from there. Something like this could work toward what you want 

• Positive
  • Play out of defense
  • Narrow
  • Shorter passing
  • Higher Tempo
  • Counter
  • Counter Press
  • Much more often

DLF-A

IW(A) CM(S) DLP(D) CM(S)  IW(A)

FB(A)   CD(D)           BPD(D) FB(A)

SK(S)

Very simple & fairly predictable but more suitable to possession football & can hopefully be effective in attack & defence. If more possession is wanted, lower the tempo. If it's getting caught out, drop the Counter Press. If you want to mix it up a bit, changing an IW to Support & the inner CM to Attack could vary the attack 

I shared some stat tables on my first post, I get 55% to 65% possession per match, actually. The main problem is to not score or have xG much. I appreciate your help, thanks about that but for trying that, I need to change my all roles and tactic. It would be great if you can help me with fewer changes.

For an update, I finished 2. Place in league (with 1 point behind leader) and promoted with playoffs. As I said before, the main tactic works very well on defending. If I can solve the attacking part without ruining the defending, it will be such a masterpiece for me. 

2 minutes ago, dreamofasgard said:

I shared some stat tables on my first post, I get 55% to 65% possession per match, actually. The main problem is to not score or have xG much. I appreciate your help, thanks about that but for trying that, I need to change my all roles and tactic. It would be great if you can help me with fewer changes.

For an update, I finished 2. Place in league (with 1 point behind leader) and promoted with playoffs. As I said before, the main tactic works very well on defending. If I can solve the attacking part without ruining the defending, it will be such a masterpiece for me. 

You've done very well with it as it is then! :brock:

If I were to change one thing, it would the the TM(S) to a DLF(A) 

Good luck for next season

9 saat önce, Johnny Ace said:

You've done very well with it as it is then! :brock:

If I were to change one thing, it would the the TM(S) to a DLF(A) 

Good luck for next season

Thanks mate. I will try that one.