Movement difference between IF on attack and Raumdeuter on fm22?

One of Rashidi’s youtube videos talked about the possibility of tweaking the movement of the IF on attack to make them cut inside with the ball often instead of cutting diagonally constantly into the box without the ball with the next patch. Before the winter update, i honestly see no difference between the raumdeuter and IF on attack as both always want to arrive centrally in the box without the ball from diagonal positions. With the winter update, i still cannot see any difference between the two. On the other hand, I see the IW playing differently by cutting in with the ball more and cutting without the ball into the far post area. Is anyone seeing the same as me?

1 hour ago, Jyuan83 said:

Is anyone seeing the same as me?

I think so but I'm not 100% on what you're saying

All wide player roles will move into the far post area, some later than others depending on how your team is attacking & where the ball is 

If you look at the PI for the IF & RMD roles, there's not a huge amount of difference, a RMD will dribble less on the ball, look for space a bit more & be more focused on scoring over anything  

23 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

I think so but I'm not 100% on what you're saying

All wide player roles will move into the far post area, some later than others depending on how your team is attacking & where the ball is 

If you look at the PI for the IF & RMD roles, there's not a huge amount of difference, a RMD will dribble less on the ball, look for space a bit more & be more focused on scoring over anything  

Hi Johnny, the thing is both the IF and Raum often do not dribble at all and instead focus on driving diagonally into the box without it. Both look for space, such that at the end of the day my question os why have these two roles on FM 22 when the ME makes them play so similarly? I honestly cannot tell the difference at all.

2 minutes ago, Jyuan83 said:

Hi Johnny, the thing is both the IF and Raum often do not dribble at all and instead focus on driving diagonally into the box without it. Both look for space, such that at the end of the day my question os why have these two roles on FM 22 when the ME makes them play so similarly? I honestly cannot tell the difference at all.

I get you now :brock: IFs should be dribbling on the ball, it's part of the role. I was using IFs last night & both were doing just that

Is your game fully updated? I assume so, so they should be working as intended now 

2 hours ago, Jyuan83 said:

When you assign a player to a role, the instructions are something they are told to do. Unfortunately not all players will do them. SI are moving more in the direction of removing a binary like performance in the engine where every instruction would be guaranteed to produce a specific result. There will be players who will do this more than others. And its also worth noting that whether a player is likely to do this could also be due to other factors like, his attributes, his physical condition, his personality and the current score in the game. A player with low determination could also just give up and may not even bother to try.

The IF cuts inside and I have seen him take players on, but it doesn't happen all the time. When I see the opponents playing with wingbacks for example and they aren't playing with defensive mids my IFs sometimes are the life of the party. Other times I need to adjust my formation and draw teams out and get them to run from deeper areas of the pitch.