[FM 22.4] FootballHedgehog's Revived Competitions & Non-Foreign Player Agreements

Have you ever looked on Wikipedia and realized that there's a competition that nobody has made yet for FM22? Have you ever wanted to manage a team through a competition that no longer exists in real life for one reason or another? Have you ever felt annoyed when you realized a foreign player shouldn't be counted as foreign in a league you're playing in, due to an agreement between the two (or more) countries? Well I have the files for you.

They come in two forms - my revived (or reconstituted) competitions, and my non-foreign player agreements. The former covers everything from the Arab Club Champions Cup, a competition in limbo for a few years, to the UEFA Intertoto Cup, which is no more and is unlikely to be revived, and even competitions that don't exist but should, like a British Isles Club Championship, and many many more (70 files, and probably closer to 80 competitions actually). The second is a set of files which make a country's players non-foreign in other countries which have signed an agreement, such as the Eurasian Economic Union, the Central American Integration System, ASEAN, the GCC, or the like. It essentially replicates free movement, or planned free movement, for citizens of member states (and thus footballers) in a way that FM's rules might not. Some of these have been expanded to cover candidates that are likely to join in the next few years.

(One particular note - if you use the South American, Central American, or Caribbean files, note that the Latin American and Caribbean file covers all of Latin America and the Caribbean (and therefore cannot be used with any of the South America, Caribbean, or Central American individual files), while the Expanded Caribbean and Central American file cannot be used with any of the individual Caribbean or Central American files, but a separate South American file can be used with it)

Have fun!

Hedgehog's Non-foreign Agreements.zip

Hedgehog's Revived Competitions.zip

Edited by FootballHedgehog
Updated competitions to 22.4.

• FootballHedgehog changed the title to [FM 22.3] FootballHedgehog's Revived Competitions & Non-Foreign Player Agreements
  • 6 months later...
  • FootballHedgehog changed the title to [FM 22.4] FootballHedgehog's Revived Competitions & Non-Foreign Player Agreements
4 hours ago, anitamui said:

Would you update them to 22.4?

Done! Only the competitions needed updating - the domestic player agreement files seem to work no matter what updates SI makes. I've had the competitions updated for a few weeks, but haven't found the time to update this thread (or, more dreadfully, my steam workshop - updating all 100+ files on there would take ages).

Also - here's an extra non-foreign agreement, which updates the UK Overseas Territories act to include the various islands of the Commonwealth (except for Sri Lanka).

Expanded Overseas Territories.fmf

On 02/09/2022 at 11:16, oche balboa said:

Nice will have a look at this. 

I will warn you that sometimes the fixtures can make it a little bit difficult to finish a league, if you manage to not crash out in the initial stages of a competition. But most of them are pretty forgiving in that regard, so especially for continent-wide competitions you are pretty guaranteed to get through the group stage if you can beat smaller teams. Obviously this works best the larger of a database you have, the more countries you can pull from to manage in. The money is, depending on where your managing, either game-changing, or hopelessly irrelevant. There really isn't much between the two. That is at least until you get towards the further stages of the competitions and the number of zeros quickly grow higher...

• 3 months later...

@FootballHedgehog I was looking for such a pack for months! Thanks for making this marvellous addition 😁 Will these cups replace existing ones in the 22.4 game or might give troubles with some fixtures or qualifications, or will I be able to use them alongside eachother?

Do you have plans for making this for FM23 too?

I did  a lot of simulations (atm 14) and found out that most additions work perfectly, but not all combinations go well.

Oceania:
I can't get the OFC Super Cup to work. It always keeps hanging at "planned for 2022", but is never played.
The Polynesian Super Cup and Melanesian Super Cup are played every year, except for a 4 year interval. There are no tournaments in 2023, 2027, etc

Africa:
If I add the Champions Leagues of the African sub-regions, the CAF CL and CAF Confederations Cup will only play every other year, instead of every year.
Haven't found out yet which file is causing this, so needs some further testing. Strange thing is, the CAF Super Cup is played every year.

Europe:
The Viareggio tournament should be played every year, if I look at Wikipedia, but some file is causing it to play only every other year.

Have you got any ideas what I can do to solve this?

Edited by Jorgen

• 1 month later...

@FootballHedgehog Do you happen to know if some regional continental cups can cause problems with teams qualifying? I had a savegame in France, where I had almost every regional European cup loaded and French teams were only qualifying for the Latin Cup and the Champions League. They no longer participated in the Europa League or Conference League anymore. And when loading the East Asian Club Cup China lost a lot of coëfficient points and wasn't in the ACL anymore. I had a lot of of other editor files loaded, but totally different files. (like extra nations, transfer updates, realism updates, etc)  I am not sure where to look or what files to keep and throw away? Have you some insights?

1 hour ago, Jorgen said:

@FootballHedgehog Do you happen to know if some regional continental cups can cause problems with teams qualifying? I had a savegame in France, where I had almost every regional European cup loaded and French teams were only qualifying for the Latin Cup and the Champions League. They no longer participated in the Europa League or Conference League anymore. And when loading the East Asian Club Cup China lost a lot of coëfficient points and wasn't in the ACL anymore. I had a lot of of other editor files loaded, but totally different files. (like extra nations, transfer updates, realism updates, etc)  I am not sure where to look or what files to keep and throw away? Have you some insights?

They shouldn't cause any sort of trouble, but I really can't rule it out since I basically had to remake them for 23...

9 hours ago, FootballHedgehog said:

They shouldn't cause any sort of trouble, but I really can't rule it out since I basically had to remake them for 23...

Then I will do some more tests to see which file is causing this. Thanks.

I just saw you made this for FM23 too. Great! Not bought FM23 yet, but when I'll do I'm sure I will use your files too. Thanks for making them

Edited by Jorgen