Nations Rule

Celtic501

You can have more than nation rule if you keep them in separate files. I have currently 36 nation rule files in one game running.

If you edit the amount of team and change the nation rules, you can have that going without issues.

7 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

You can have more than nation rule if you keep them in separate files. I have currently 36 nation rule files in one game running.

If you edit the amount of team and change the nation rules, you can have that going without issues.

So if you keep the same database but create separate nation rule files you can have them all in the same game? I've never tried this until now 

Yes, you will have to pick either DB22.1, 22.3 or (when it comes out) 22.4 and create all nation rules for the DB of your choosing, but then you can use them next to each other.

29 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Yes, you will have to pick either DB22.1, 22.3 or (when it comes out) 22.4 and create all nation rules for the DB of your choosing, but then you can use them next to each other.

What about fm 21 that's what I'm using at the moment guess the same applies. 

Edited by Celtic501

15 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Quick question,

If I start new nation rules for say Spain with new league structure etc and save it. Do I then remove the nation rules and continue (with the new spain leagues still in the db) with new rules & new leagues again for my next country?

15 hours ago, MGC88 said:

Quick question,

If I start new nation rules for say Spain with new league structure etc and save it. Do I then remove the nation rules and continue (with the new spain leagues still in the db) with new rules & new leagues again for my next country?

I'd advise against it. After saving your Spain nation rules, re-load the database starting over from scratch creating new nation rules for the next country and saving them under a different name.

2 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I'd advise against it. After saving your Spain nation rules, re-load the database starting over from scratch creating new nation rules for the next country and saving them under a different name.

100% this

8 hours ago, Celtic501 said:

Can you change the default numbers of teams in a league in a nation without it crashing? I have found the files for the nations league numbers.

If you do it correctly, ie. edit the number of teams (in all relevant places, off the top of my head that would be the league page itself, the league stage page of the league, the nation page that tells the game how many teams to load for that league and possibly cups which draw a specific number of teams from the league), change the match schedule if needed and move teams to/from the league (and make sure any leagues you moved teams from still have the correct number of teams), then yes.

Personally I always edit the German Bundesliga to be a 20 team league, so it's definitely possible, but it requires a bit more work than just changing one number.

Edited by rusty217

On 03/03/2022 at 04:31, rusty217 said:

Tried this last night.

I created two leagues. North American Super League in USA and a South American Super League in Brazil.

When I tried to load the db and start the game. I wasn't able to select USA. I was getting an error saying there wasn't enough teams in MLS.

Shouldn't my NA Super League file have overridden that?

3 minutes ago, MGC88 said:

Tried this last night.

I created two leagues. North American Super League in USA and a South American Super League in Brazil.

When I tried to load the db and start the game. I wasn't able to select USA. I was getting an error saying there wasn't enough teams in MLS.

Shouldn't my NA Super League file have overridden that?

It should have, yes. How did you set up your nation rules?

43 minutes ago, MGC88 said:

How do you mean?

I add nation rules and create a new league structure. Should I have made MLS and other US leagues extinct?

I mean more in terms of the specific settings used. Any chance you could upload a copy of your file?

Making the other leagues extinct shouldn't be necessary.

17 hours ago, rusty217 said:

If you do it correctly, ie. edit the number of teams (in all relevant places, off the top of my head that would be the league page itself, the league stage page of the league, the nation page that tells the game how many teams to load for that league and possibly cups which draw a specific number of teams from the league), change the match schedule if needed and move teams to/from the league (and make sure any leagues you moved teams from still have the correct number of teams), then yes.

Personally I always edit the German Bundesliga to be a 20 team league, so it's definitely possible, but it requires a bit more work than just changing one number.

Thank you for the info I guess it is worth it if you really want a set number of teams per league.