4-3-1-2 Narrow Underdog tactic set (FuSS tweak)

Please test if you like. Recommended for low or mid quality teams.

So, check this out.

I decided to start the season with "what the FuSS v1.2" from this forum in the minimal FuSS thread. Good preseason, but 7 games in, and i don´t know if my team is a good fit or not. Being impatient as always, i start tweaking and change formation to something that i think my team is better suited for.

image.png.52828ae10b0d48ebd282a4122349afd2.png

This is kind of my best 11, but Cambiaso can play LB, RB, and CM in almost any role and ended up covering all injuries and playing all over the pitch. I had a young LB that wanted to develop so he played a lot of games at mezzala.

I switch around 3 tactics, Low, normal, and high. What does this mean? well, Line of Engagement, mainly.

image.png.d5e7e72928be2a6e16cc44b7d1907484.png

So, in low mode (default tactic for tough matches, around 40% of games in my schedule, due to relative team strength) we have a high pressing team, but the press triggers in our own pitch. In normal mode, the trigger press is in default. In high mode, we turn up the intensity.

image.png.a284fc46c7d45f4c34a0ac0818c54ec7.png

In possession, the tactic is the same in the 3 modes, the team spreads wide to create space, but always goes back to the middle to do damage. Fullbacks provide width but they don´t bomb forward carelessly, so in conjuction with the defensive DLP, they balance the team, we dont get caught in counterattacks very often.

The mezzalas, AP and forwards work together very well and arrive a lot to the opponent area, goals and assists are spread around.

image.png.c886852f50241947892880a7dcc12543.png

Of course you can tweak the system to adapt your focus to how the opposition is playing. Defend narrower, especially against counterattacking narrow 4-1-2-1-2 systems, up the tempo, go attacking mentality sometimes. Late in games if ahead or if i think the draw is a good result, i waste time, play for set pieces, just do what you think your team needs. I don´t think there is a perfect tactic that works every time against everything.

Keep in mind my team is very average, i will show you some stats.

image.png.b7c45b3c0a9861ce2b30b3dbb10f2c6d.png

I didn´t want to doxx myself, sorry.

image.png.0da71b75ac222161ee9fcef3c936c629.png

image.png.a6c2ef1625360b5d0b48d52fcc73295e.png

One thing i´d like to tweak or test, is tackling. I dont have players on hard tackling and get stuck in TI is only on High mode, around 20% of games. So i think this is reflected in the low tackling stats. But the defense worked excellent anyway in the first games, so i decided not to tweak that during the season and... it worked.

image.png.c824676a4267b52b82c88fc4fcf911a9.png

image.png.1b6339bae41ed4cb44acbba8ed989e1d.png

Good luck

4312 low.fmf 4312 normal.fmf 4312 high.fmf

image.png

Edited by El__Palo
Forgot to upload the tactic files

2 minutes ago, Black Africa said:

No, normal starting every game then changing to low if leading or high if loosing, but never touch anything until halftime.

So if drawing at halftime do u change to high or keep it normal until someone scores 

hace 8 horas, Black Africa dijo:

D home

W away

Mid table team, only My test save Your might start proper save with it

Very good start then, i faced some losses too, it's bound to happen. I struggled against Lazio both in Serie A and Italian Cup, they got my number for any unknown reason. 3 losses in 3 games against them i think. If you tweak something that seems to improve the tactic let me know. And one advice, train set pieces every week, i had very important games won on a corner or a free kick cross (not even one direct free kick, my squad is not very gifted in that area).

I'll keep testing with my team to see if i can tweak for a second season, i'm sure the AI will take me more seriously this time. We´ll see how it goes.

Half-way through next season, not bad performance at all. 

image.png.dc4adcc4f2b66d4021b071613d37e6fe.png

Just barely top of the league right now, because Milan lost the last 2 games away to Cagliari and Napoli. But was first place in incredible form all season.

I´ve been going back and forth with some tweaks, but not fully sold in any of them yet.

4312 Low: changed a Mezzala for a Carrilero, to give more balance to the midfield. One notch up to passing directness, pass into space, and unticked work ball into box, to encourage some more counter attacking. Also unticked counterpress to not lose shape easily.

image.png.c518261c5baad913733a3125001314ea.png

image.png.fd51317d000308d865a7c38310d3a038.png

The jury is out with these changes still, results are good but i feel i lost a few more games than last year, although that could be variance.

Data Hub shows that i still have the same tackling and defensive actions problem. That will be the focus of the las half of the season. Also, XG table shows that we got a bit lucky.

image.png.54daeb923887806ec45cd0ff23cd6dde.png

I'll keep following the development. I have a similar tactic, but can't get these results. I'm with Belenenses, went all the way from 4th division to the top, but I barely escaped relegation last season. This season I think I won't be around relegation zone, but I think I won't get to the top half, even if my team is better now

So, season is over.

image.png.78c8832d9cd8e35df5bac05b4f445dba.png

Another Serie A title for Spezia. 2 more points for us comparing last year peformance, but more points for the rest of the teams, it was way closer at the end. We won by 5 points, but Milan were 3 points behind us for the last 4 matches. They drew the final game against Roma

image.png.b81b9e623a981252c69f220151ae8f8d.png

In Champions League we predictably lost against Real Madrid in the first knockout round, we battled but the quality difference is way too high. Same thing happened against Manchester United in the group stage.

Lazio with another win against us, this time in the Italian Super cup final, i hate them.

Atalanta won a really close game in Coppa Italia quarterfinal, it was way closer than 0-3, but that´s football.

Overall, i think the system it´s a little bit more solid, after the tweaks, but it could well be variance. I believe in this match engine the random factor is more prominent. Anyway, you can tell by now what style this tactic has. End of season stats:

image.png.cc2e86cfe82eefbf27867a3ac4344d7b.png

Just for comparison, these were the results in the first year when i alternated between a 442 and a 433 dm, and a 4141.

image.png.0f4b95ab5246929e46dd12278a9ce668.png

54 goals conceded against 23 and 26. With no new defenders, and a worst GK than first year.

We are still trying to win against the Big Teams, but we are competitive, we won at the end getting draws in the right games and wins in the rest. Minimizing the losses. Anyway, if you have any suggestions to make to maybe improve the system, all is welcome, i think i hit the ceiling with this group of players and i wont keep getting better unless i sign some stars.

I´ll upload the v2 of the 3 tactics, i think we improved and would recommend playing these versions, but you can try and compare both versions and make your own mind. The changes i made, i already talked about them in the previous post, plus adding some hard tackling for a few positions, and a few other tweaks. I lowered the mentality to positive in high mode, to be more patient, you can change to attacking later if the game lacks rythm, or you feel you need more urgency.

4312 normal v2.fmf 4312 high v2.fmf 4312 low v2.fmf

Edited by El__Palo
Forgot to upload the tactic files... again

• 3 weeks later...
En 12/3/2022 a las 15:43, HelloMegaphone dijo:

I've been having some great success with this tactic but need some tips when playing against the big clubs! Teams like Man U and City absolutely hammer me every time I play them!

Sadly, some bad results are unavoidable. I've managed to get some points away versus the giants, but the difference in player quality is very big.

Who are you managing?

On 16/03/2022 at 19:46, El__Palo said:

Sadly, some bad results are unavoidable. I've managed to get some points away versus the giants, but the difference in player quality is very big.

Who are you managing?

I'm playing as Crystal Palace. I'm obviously not expecting to beat them every time but I get completely rolled over 4/5-0. Which version is best against those teams as it doesn't seem to matter which one I use. Like I said I'm not expecting miracles but I'd like to at least put up a fight.

Edited by HelloMegaphone

En 21/3/2022 a las 15:57, HelloMegaphone dijo:

I'm playing as Crystal Palace. I'm obviously not expecting to beat them every time but I get completely rolled over 4/5-0. Which version is best against those teams as it doesn't seem to matter which one I use. Like I said I'm not expecting miracles but I'd like to at least put up a fight.

I had the best games against big teams with the low tactic. But i played a few in the second season with the normal version, especially at home. You can see my results against big teams (Inter, Juve, Milan). I managed a few points, but usually i am happy with a draw, especially away. Those points in the league are crucial.

Tweaking ingame is very important too. You need to know the system, and what to do against what the AI is doing. This is not a cheat plug and play tactic with two inverted wingbacks, and everyone on hard tackling super intense pressing.  So, you need to grind the games a bit. Clench your teeth, and pray to the gods of RNG to not screw you over.

In this iteration of the Match Engine, I've been investing time on another tactics, because i signed with Milan and they have an over abundance of wingers, and i see the random elements appear much more frequently. It's hard to be consistent and, especially in cup games, things can go south very quickly.

So, to sum things up, i don't have a lot of advice to give, sadly. Try to watch the important games closely and take notes on what you see your team is lacking against the different systems the AI plays. Then, try to adjust tactically, and keep slowly but steadily improving your squad. Success will eventually come.