ideas for fm23

davidkenning

hi all, ive been playing fm since days of champ manager, a couple of things that bug me about recent versions . why do player rolls have to have certain prefix's , perhapps i dont want wide players running to the byline then unsuccessfully fail to cross why cant they cross early, i think that it would be better if we could choose what players do, isn't that the way the real world works  ? that's why we train players - to do what we want them to do, rather than this is what they have to do.

corners. i would like to see box's where we can place players where we want rather than the mysteriously vague go forward, i might want to overload the front post or back , the attack box from deep is a waste of time .

in short i want greater flexibility for managers.  also i would like more aggressive transfers , and bidding wars for the top players , i know this is a controversial idea but what about Radom life changes to players perhaps they die via car crash or cancer or heart attack 

and please sort out the offside's . and free kicks , i mean most fk's in game are way off target in real life they are almost always on target or just slightly wide/hit post .

i love  football manager but boy it could be so much better .

just a few thoughts

I'm for years waiting for the possibility of playing friendly matches P2P against other "real"/human managers, online FM games so far are not working because it is required to play game seasons for many hours/days, the same leagues, and several players will have basically to live in a compatible Schedule, too demanding , a player from Japan will never have the same life Schedule of someone from Europe. 

The problem so far is that to play online some saved game you will have to force others to live on your schedule, and since FM series are very demanding on playtime online FM careers will never be a long save...on the other hand if one could play just a friendly match here and there online against other "waiting for a friendly match" human managers I think one could have the feeling of having a real challenge on your tactics/squad against other non-AI-software manager, most games allow something like this, and I guess that "very long experienced" players of the FM series get bored after some months, because the AI competition from the game is somehow always "easy" to beat after a while. This would refresh the entire FM experience, and take the fun of this game into new levels. I never understood why it is not like that already for more than 10 years.This experience could be improved by allowing visitors to see these "online" friendly matches for the sake of learning or just appreciatte other tactics/squads deliverance...

Hope it is implemented one day, It is depressing realising how poor is the current online experience of this game and how much could it be improved with a simple step like this one...

Cheers

• SI Staff
On 15/02/2022 at 10:59, The RawK said:

I'm for years waiting for the possibility of playing friendly matches P2P against other "real"/human managers, online FM games so far are not working because it is required to play game seasons for many hours/days, the same leagues, and several players will have basically to live in a compatible Schedule, too demanding , a player from Japan will never have the same life Schedule of someone from Europe. 

Versus mode is coming to the game very soon. So you will be able to play online against people shortly. Make sure to sign up to FMFC as it will be included with that.

• SI Staff
On 13/02/2022 at 11:52, davidkenning said:

why do player rolls have to have certain prefix's , perhapps i dont want wide players running to the byline then unsuccessfully fail to cross why cant they cross early, i think that it would be better if we could choose what players do, isn't that the way the real world works  ? that's why we train players - to do what we want them to do, rather than this is what they have to do.

Most of the roles are something specific that a player does in a certain way. There are some generic roles which don't have much set for them but they are generally with a specific niche in mind. 

On 13/02/2022 at 11:52, davidkenning said:

i know this is a controversial idea but what about Radom life changes to players perhaps they die via car crash or cancer or heart attack 

There isn't an interest in the FM series for things like this. 

Some of the other ideas could have more to them but would need a bit more detail to understand the wider context. Generally it can be good to separate your ideas out so they can be reviewed standing alone, so if you can add a bit more detail then of course we can review it again. This thread is reviewed.