[4411] difficulty getting my LM to perform

1.JPG.20711d94348561fe7e758af95d5adca0.JPG

everyone else is performing really well, playing as intended, above 7 average rating. meanwhile all 3 of my LMs have a sub 6.6 average rating. 

i need him to cut inside with the ball, try to beat his man and play a through ball or take a shot at goal. none of my LMs are doing that, they instead opt to dribble out wide then cut the ball back to the LB or when the DLP plays a through ball into space for the LM, they just take the ball to the byline for a cross. 14-16 dribbling, pace, no PPMs

1 hour ago, fraudiola said:

they instead opt to dribble out wide then cut the ball back to the LB or when the DLP plays a through ball into space for the LM, they just take the ball to the byline for a cross. 14-16 dribbling, pace, no PPMs

you can't do much about that; that is how the game is this year for now unless something changes with the update. 

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

you can't do much about that; that is how the game is this year for now unless something changes with the update. 

its getting really annoying now. my striker is pacey and lacks physicality and my LM continuously runs wide and the attack ends in a cross that my striker has no chance of winning... 

If your IW has the stats to make it viable, your best bet here is probably reworking your tactical setup somewhat and making them a primary goalscorer. You can do this by using "Focus Play Right", as you already have a lot of support roles on that side of the pitch, and your DLP will naturally move towards the ball. This will congest play on the right side of the pitch and open up space for your IWa to run into so that your other players can find him with a pass.

Unfortunately as @DarJ says you are simply not going to get the behaviour you want from your IW in the current ME - there is a fundamental deficiency in terms of how wide players behave on the ball that you cannot fix.

Have you tried playing him as a WP(A)? I've had way more success getting them to cut inside as a play maker than any other role. Haven't tried it with an AM in there or right next to a DLP like your current set up has but give it a shot and see if you get the movements you're after. 

I'd probably change the DLP to a CM(S) with hold position, take more risks and more direct passing to some what replicate the DLP but without the ball magnetism the DLP has otherwise I'd be concerned the WP would look to the DLP too often instead of making more progressive runs/passes. 

Also I'd try removing the focus play down left. With that ticked on the rest of your team more frequently floats to the left flank to support play on that side, it may be taking away space for your LM to work. 

Edited by 1twoQ