Jump to content

La Liga Salary Cap not keeping up with club growth


Recommended Posts

Dear FM Community,

I am currently playing a save with Athletic Club de Bilbao, having just reached my 4th season. However, I feel like my save has become unplayable and I am barely struggling to keep it alive using the in game editor, as my club cannot keep up with the La Liga Salary Cap, which has increased very little, in my opinion. I'd like to share some data with you and hear your thoughts on this topic.

 

So, If I were to start a new save right now, these would be the starting data:

Athletic Club is a Rich team, with an estimated value(EV) of 324,044,374 euros, a bank balance (BB) of 32,132,465, 7 milion in debt until 2024, FFP is at 14.68M and I have a Salary Cap (SC) for registration at 57M.

 

Let's compare this data to other teams:

Real Sociedad: EV 303M, BB 51M, SC 55M

Villareal: EV 225M, BB 24M, SC 53M

Sevilla: EV 361M, BB 43M, SC 75M

Atletico de Madrid: EV 620M, BB 12M, SC 168M

Barca: EV 1.7B, BB -26M, SC 190M

Real Madrid: EV 1.7B, BB 131M, SC 313M

So, we can easily see that Athletic are similar to Real Sociedad and Villareal, but far away from teams like Sevilla, Atletico, Barca and Real Madrid, who have better results and trophies.

However, let's go to my 4th season. My team has ended La Liga on 2nd, 3rd and 1st positions and has won Europa League and Champions League.

My stats stand now at: EV 1.6B, BB 200M, but my Salary Cap has only increased by 10M euros and stands at 67M. I also have 0 debt and a current FFP of 382M, projected at 455M.

 

My club makes lots and lots of money, but the game considers that I should only have 10M more for salaries, for a team that went in a few years from 10th spot to the best in the world. In my opinion, it makes absolute no sense and it broke my save, because all my players want higher salaries, because they deserve it, but the game thinks that we should be stuck at 67M, when we have much more value in our team. How is it possible to make 382M over three years, but only be allowed to invest 10M in my team? I am Athletic Club, I value my players and barely made a few transfers, my players have now given 7-8 spots to the Spain National Team, but we cannot have higher salaries, even though be produce lots of money and are regarded as a Worldwide reputation club. The best I can do is negociate salaries and then edit them to low salaries, in order to be able to register my team, which is absolutely sad.

 

Also, if I were to compare myself to the teams mentioned above: 

Real Sociedad: EV 330M, BB 45M, SC 65M - So Real Sociedad, who haven't qualified in Europe in the past 3 years in my save and still have the same amount of money, have exactly the same +10M for Salary Cap. That's absolutely unacceptable

Villareal: EV 275m, BB 77M, SC 76M - But Villareal have +23M at salaries

Sevilla: EV 685M, BB 101M, SC 88M - Seviila doubled their Estimated Value, doubled their bank balance, but barely have +13M for salaries, unlike Villareal

Atletico: EV 571M, BB 30M, SC 172M

Barca: EV 2B, BB 275M, SC 264M - Barca won the league twice in my save, have increased their EV, They have Bank Balance and yeah, 76M+ for SC

Real Madrid: EV 1.6B, BB 240M, SC 328M - Real Madrid are estimated at a lesser value and still got a salary increase.

 

So, can anyone give me an input / opinion on this? Is the game really that broken, that you can't grow a mid table team in Spain anymore? Because I find it hardly to believe that you won't be able to give higher salaries in real life if you become the best team in your league and Europe. I thought I will be able to play a long term save, but at this point I am just about to give up and maybe return to FM21, because there you would not get punished for having good results. 

I am really sad and dissapointed to have my save destroyed by this Salary Cap, which is not keeping up with my club growth.

If it is an issue, please fix it, so others won't go through the same problems as I did. If not, please explain me what I did wrong or if it actually makes sense to only have +10M per year after you finish on the podium in LaLiga for 3 years in a row and you win both Europa League and Champions League. Let's not forget that 10M is a salary for a basic player in the Premier League.

 

Thank you for the read and I am looking forward to a discussion!

Edited by StormieNerevar
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interesting article. Thanks a lot for posting.

 

So, according to that link, from @noincophydr:

The Spanish Football Federation inserted a rule that prevents the top tier’s clubs from spending on wages more than 70% of their total incomes.

 

I just checked my save, and I have an income of 354M for my last season (you can expect that, when you win both UCL and LaLiga). So, if we were to go by that rule, my 67M salary cap for registration is not realistic.

 

Can I report this somewhere? Or does anyone else feel it's normal to be capped at 67M?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically for Spanish first and second division, what the game should do is the following:

Calculate the salary cap (twice per year, at the beginning of transfer windows) using the following formula:

Salary cap (Maximum yearly amount spent in player and coaches wages across all squads(includes B and U19 teams) = income - non-sport expenses

Income

  • TV rights
  • Season tickets
  • Sponsors
  • Competition income (LaLiga, Spanish Cup, UEFA competitions, etc.)
  • Use rights
  • Advertising
  • Sell of players

Expenses

  • Wages of players
  • Wages of coaches (Atletico Madrid pays 20M€/year to Simeone...)
  • Players' amortisation (this is very interesting and may add a lot of depth to the managerial aspect of FM, because it makes it even more important (almost a must) to split big signings across several years to mitigate the impact on the salary cap)
  • Player agents' commission
  • Bonuses
  • Any kind of compensation paid
  • Youth setup and B teams expenditure

Source

https://www.laliga.com/en-GB/transparency/economic-management/squad-cost-limit

The Spanish salary cap is one of the most strict in Football nowadays. It has a huge impact on how clubs approach the transfer windows. The best well-known example is that Messi needed to leave Barcelona. However, FM can't get it right, killing all the immersion of playing in Spain. FM chose to get MLS right but the second league in the world wasn't worth the time investment, as FM is a very Anglo-Saxon-focused product. It was discussed previously here: 

 

Edited by noincophydr
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I just checked the post you linked and I have also come to the conclusion that they messed it up.

It's so sad, seriously... I never had issues like this with FM before, but this really messed up my save, as my club can only grow with 2M in salaries per year after making so much money.... It's very sad to see MLS fully implemented (such a prestigious and watched competition, if you compare it with LaLiga), whereas they just ruined my Athletic forever. I only play FM as a one year long Athletic Club save and then I move to the next FM, because it was the only game that cared about the philosophy of Athletic Club... But now it's ruined.

Good luck playing in Spain with any other club besides Barca, Real Madrid and Atletico. Is it really that much of a crime to want to play with other teams? Was it really that hard to code a 70% of incomes, instead of +2M per year? Even my B team, which is now in Segunda has a higher salary cap increase than my A team.

Edited by StormieNerevar
Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you please report this in bug thread?

Feeling bit down now as I am trying first time long save in Spain with  Racing de Santander from tier 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe salary caps in Spain are new in FM22. I ran into a problem with it before xmas, just abandoned the save and went back to my previous club. Looking since at the salary cap in advertised vacancies, there doesn't seem to be much consistency or good sense in the range of figures mentioned. At Valencia I had a 750k/week cap; I've noticed other mid-table clubs with 2.2m/week available...

Edited by du Garbandier
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/02/2022 at 05:33, noincophydr said:

Basically for Spanish first and second division, what the game should do is the following:

Calculate the salary cap (twice per year, at the beginning of transfer windows) using the following formula:

Salary cap (Maximum yearly amount spent in player and coaches wages across all squads(includes B and U19 teams) = income - non-sport expenses

Income

  • TV rights
  • Season tickets
  • Sponsors
  • Competition income (LaLiga, Spanish Cup, UEFA competitions, etc.)
  • Use rights
  • Advertising
  • Sell of players

Expenses

  • Wages of players
  • Wages of coaches (Atletico Madrid pays 20M€/year to Simeone...)
  • Players' amortisation (this is very interesting and may add a lot of depth to the managerial aspect of FM, because it makes it even more important (almost a must) to split big signings across several years to mitigate the impact on the salary cap)
  • Player agents' commission
  • Bonuses
  • Any kind of compensation paid
  • Youth setup and B teams expenditure

Source

https://www.laliga.com/en-GB/transparency/economic-management/squad-cost-limit

The Spanish salary cap is one of the most strict in Football nowadays. It has a huge impact on how clubs approach the transfer windows. The best well-known example is that Messi needed to leave Barcelona. However, FM can't get it right, killing all the immersion of playing in Spain. FM chose to get MLS right but the second league in the world wasn't worth the time investment, as FM is a very Anglo-Saxon-focused product. It was discussed previously here: 

 

MLS have been unplayable for long term saves for over a decade. majority because of the AI not handling the salary cap. So no, lol they didn’t get MLS right.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that!

Over a decade? This sounds very unfortunate...

And it's a gamebreaking issue, how is this being ignored for such a long time? I am very confused.

If the AI is not working, just simplify the structure or add a static formula for the salary cap, until something better is developed. I'd take higher values over non developing ones anytime in terms of realism, because you can still only spend only as much the board will give you for payroll, so it's not like you can buy Mbappe and Haaland for the MLS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the same issues with my Mallorca save. I couldn’t grow the club any further as I couldn’t sign anyone top end - I gave up and vowed to stay away from Spain. Shambles from SI this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mr Tonio said:

Also doing a Bilbao save each year, is also on pause for the same reason. Maybe a bug report is needed?

This is an inferior implementation of the salary cap. SI needs to rework how the salary cap is calculated and implemented in La Liga 1 and 2. There is also a need for more transparency how it is calculated in-game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/02/2022 at 21:18, Mars_Blackmon said:

MLS have been unplayable for long term saves for over a decade. majority because of the AI not handling the salary cap. So no, lol they didn’t get MLS right.

Yea I had a bit of a laugh when I saw that. The MLS becomes literally unplayable after like 5 years as many of the AI teams are made up of grey players due to real player salary growth. The MLS is the worst implemented league in the game.

 

I do love that we needed to mention that fm is a very “Anglo-Saxon” based game… I’m not quite sure what that even means, but let’s humor him. You mean that a video game about a sport created and popularized in England, created by an English company, has English views? Absolutely outrageous.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The second division is the same. My B Team is in the second division and it has a very small salary cap.

Soooo realistic. B Teams can promote to the 2nd division (like Real Sociedad did this season, or Athletic Club or Barca in the past) but they will be capped to 1 or 2 mil salary for the entire team. Considering that youth players from very good teams can ask for huge salaries, like 500k / year, good luck registering your B Team into Segunda.

 

I have recently encountered another bug, in which I cannot play my C Team players, as their are somehow registered into B Team, even though I did not do that. Also found this bug on the forums and not even an answer.....

I seriously appreciated Football Manager over FIFA, but now I am starting to consider them equally worse, as the game is full of bugs and no one cares to respond or take action. Football simulation games are really dying and it cannot get more annoying that paying for a full priced game yearly, just to discover that the new game is even more unplayable.

 

For real, what is the matter? You don't have enough employees, you have too little time to develop the game or you simply do not care? As a Software Developer myself, I simply cannot comprehend how you are able to add new features without testing them. I think even a 10 year old kid would realize that the feature is not working and it's breaking the game, as you can barely see any increase, no matter the team income.

It's too frustrating, to spend a lot of time on a save and have it broken... The ignorance of football games has gone too far and this cannot happen anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have amazing news for everyone! I found a solution to unstuck our saves! (Tagged @saihtam, @du Garbandier, @Mr Tonio, @Mst82 as you guys seem to have saves)

MOST IMPORTANT: For this to work, you will need the in game editor

So, if your season has already started, just try to manipulate the game however possible, to keep your players at the club. JUST SURVIVE

    -> Stay alive solution 1 (not the greatest): I tried giving them contracts and as soon as they have accepted, edited their contract to lower ones. However, if you want to propose a contract that will go above the salary cap, the board will cancel it.

    -> Stay alive solution 2 (much better): In order to dodge this problem, simply give the players contracts starting next season. All the players I have tried this with accepted. If they do not want to accept, maybe try to edit their personality traits, such as loyalty, to make them more prone to staying at the club and after they accepted, simply revert it to the previous value. 

I have attached a screenshot with the end of season tip, if you do not know where to find that.

image.png.13eb822229a6bb7441a5149dda3fb887.png

Now, we managed to Survive, to Stay Alive. We didn't quit our saves. Here comes the reward. 

So, I have identified exactly the time when the Salary Cap is updated. In my save, 2024/2025, with Athletic Club, it happens on 8th of June, more specifically, when you receive this message from the board (should be recognizable enough) 

image.png.653bd033326e70e662822c5fe0b850e2.png

As soon as I've received this message, my Salary Cap has been updated. This time, it was increased from 67M to 103M. Quite strange, right? Because my income has actually been smaller and my expenses have probably risen.

However, because I identified the moment of the change, I was able to try multiple things with the in-game editor, only to discover that 

THE SALARY CAP IS DIRECTLY INFLUENCED BY YOUR CLUB'S PAYROLL BUDGET AT THE MOMENT OF THE CAP UPDATE.

image.png.057e7394aed798520d2efbc52afc2050.png

MY SOLUTION

Just before receiving the Commercial Summary message, edit your club's payroll budget, to influence the salary cap and then simply revert it back to the original, without affecting your save's finances.

image.thumb.png.10e8e04a944059660afa53ad50a081c3.png

Now, everything left to do is to find the right amount of payroll budget for this specific moment, in order to set a realistic Salary Cap for your save. And don't forget to reset your payroll budget to your previously one (After all, we only want to change the Salary Cap to a decent one, without cheating the game)

 

I REALLY HOPE THIS HELPS YOU!

Link to post
Share on other sites

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Great work. Will start a new save with Mallorca at some point and give this a go. Thank you man. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/02/2022 at 10:25, StormieNerevar said:

I have amazing news for everyone! I found a solution to unstuck our saves! (Tagged @saihtam, @du Garbandier, @Mr Tonio, @Mst82 as you guys seem to have saves)

MOST IMPORTANT: For this to work, you will need the in game editor

So, if your season has already started, just try to manipulate the game however possible, to keep your players at the club. JUST SURVIVE

    -> Stay alive solution 1 (not the greatest): I tried giving them contracts and as soon as they have accepted, edited their contract to lower ones. However, if you want to propose a contract that will go above the salary cap, the board will cancel it.

    -> Stay alive solution 2 (much better): In order to dodge this problem, simply give the players contracts starting next season. All the players I have tried this with accepted. If they do not want to accept, maybe try to edit their personality traits, such as loyalty, to make them more prone to staying at the club and after they accepted, simply revert it to the previous value. 

I have attached a screenshot with the end of season tip, if you do not know where to find that.

image.png.13eb822229a6bb7441a5149dda3fb887.png

Now, we managed to Survive, to Stay Alive. We didn't quit our saves. Here comes the reward. 

So, I have identified exactly the time when the Salary Cap is updated. In my save, 2024/2025, with Athletic Club, it happens on 8th of June, more specifically, when you receive this message from the board (should be recognizable enough) 

image.png.653bd033326e70e662822c5fe0b850e2.png

As soon as I've received this message, my Salary Cap has been updated. This time, it was increased from 67M to 103M. Quite strange, right? Because my income has actually been smaller and my expenses have probably risen.

However, because I identified the moment of the change, I was able to try multiple things with the in-game editor, only to discover that 

THE SALARY CAP IS DIRECTLY INFLUENCED BY YOUR CLUB'S PAYROLL BUDGET AT THE MOMENT OF THE CAP UPDATE.

image.png.057e7394aed798520d2efbc52afc2050.png

MY SOLUTION

Just before receiving the Commercial Summary message, edit your club's payroll budget, to influence the salary cap and then simply revert it back to the original, without affecting your save's finances.

image.thumb.png.10e8e04a944059660afa53ad50a081c3.png

Now, everything left to do is to find the right amount of payroll budget for this specific moment, in order to set a realistic Salary Cap for your save. And don't forget to reset your payroll budget to your previously one (After all, we only want to change the Salary Cap to a decent one, without cheating the game)

 

I REALLY HOPE THIS HELPS YOU!

Incredible that this is required. With this, the club world cup, and all the little but MASSIVE errors in the game I just don't understand why they don't fix things like this regularly.

The salary cap for my B team is killing my team, it's regularly 5-6m at the most, and most of my youngsters are asking for 1-1.5m contracts, it doesn't make any sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Luckly, you can do the same for your B team. Just give them a higher payroll.

And, regarding the other teams... I barely discovered how to keep my team alive, I did not edit the other teams to increase the competition level and I do not think I will do it on this save, because it's already approaching to an end. La Liga has become extremely easy, because after all these years, the other teams are capped at the same salary levels, so they cannot grow and keep their players, who are always demanding more money. Anyway, my save has been extremely edited, because I had to do major efforts to keep it alive and unfortunately it has lost it's magic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, StormieNerevar said:

Luckly, you can do the same for your B team. Just give them a higher payroll.

And, regarding the other teams... I barely discovered how to keep my team alive, I did not edit the other teams to increase the competition level and I do not think I will do it on this save, because it's already approaching to an end. La Liga has become extremely easy, because after all these years, the other teams are capped at the same salary levels, so they cannot grow and keep their players, who are always demanding more money. Anyway, my save has been extremely edited, because I had to do major efforts to keep it alive and unfortunately it has lost it's magic.

Unfortunately I don't have the in-game editor and don't plan on purchasing it. What an annoying glitch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, that's unfortunate. And we don't know other workarounds, because SI never replied on this thread :(.

I reported a bug with this, game them a save and they said they'll investigate, but nothing more. Not really sure what to investigate there, it's crystal clear that the cap is bound to the payroll budget and that's simply lazy programming... 

My only hope is that they will do more effort to fix that formula for the next FM... which I will honestly not buy until I've heard it's fixed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the salary cap is directly linked to your payroll budget, shouldn't it always be at a reasonable level? Because if your club does grow, your board will increase your payroll budget, and therefore the salary cap will be raised accordingly? I'm doing a save in Spain and I just got promoted to La Liga, so I'm interested to know exactly how this problem is occurring. Having managed in La Liga 2 already, I never had a problem with the salary cap, it was always my payroll budget that what the limiting factor, but obviously everyone reporting this is mainly managing higher level teams. Do you think a good strategy (without using editor) would be to adjust my budgets before this commercial summary day so that all is in wage instead of transfer budget?

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dpt8544 said:

If the salary cap is directly linked to your payroll budget, shouldn't it always be at a reasonable level? Because if your club does grow, your board will increase your payroll budget, and therefore the salary cap will be raised accordingly? I'm doing a save in Spain and I just got promoted to La Liga, so I'm interested to know exactly how this problem is occurring. Having managed in La Liga 2 already, I never had a problem with the salary cap, it was always my payroll budget that what the limiting factor, but obviously everyone reporting this is mainly managing higher level teams. Do you think a good strategy (without using editor) would be to adjust my budgets before this commercial summary day so that all is in wage instead of transfer budget?

I've never had a problem with my wage cap for la liga to be honest, besides the first season (Barca) but my wage cap for my B team keeps plummeting and its making it really idfficult to keep players. Basically I can register 3-4 promising players and the rest are just guys on youth contracts who won't get poached from other teams.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Barcelona is different. Along with Real Madrid and also Atletico de Madrid, they start at huge salary caps compared to the other teams, so you cannot feel the difference when you always have 200M available.

The problem is when you play with the other teams, make lots of profit, but because you have a restrictive board, you barely receive a 2M increase for the salary cap after winning the league, when you have like 100-200M in the bank. 

Also, there is no point in adjusting the payroll from the transfer budget / payroll slider, because I think the salary cap is calculated based on a fixed value from there, like max payroll or something like that, regardless of where you place your slider.

 

And, how can I put this.... The payroll budget restriction has always felt normal in FM and can easily be fixed, because it is also linked to the transfer budget. Let's say I don't have enough payroll, but maybe I can sell my Star player and instead of buying a new player, I can invest that money into my payroll. Makes complete sense. However, due to the salary cap, which takes place before the transfer season is opened, you cannot do this... You'll be stuck with your same salary cap, unhappy players who deserve higher salaries and nothing you can do to fix it. Worst case you'll lose your players and you still won't be able to reinvest the money, because you won't be able to register your players, no matter how much money you have in the bank.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Why didn't I see this earlier? I am managing Valencia in my second season and my salaey cap was 975k and has risen to 1.2mil which is better than yours but I was second in my first season and made 50mil+ profit only on transfers.

 

I didnt even notice the salary cap until I had to registrate my squad. Now I am serious thinking to abandon the save.. 😥

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bakiano said:

Why didn't I see this earlier? I am managing Valencia in my second season and my salaey cap was 975k and has risen to 1.2mil which is better than yours but I was second in my first season and made 50mil+ profit only on transfers.

 

I didnt even notice the salary cap until I had to registrate my squad. Now I am serious thinking to abandon the save.. 😥

In game editor is the only way, I bought it and its resurrected my save.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 23/04/2022 at 17:07, steakfaced said:

In game editor is the only way, I bought it and its resurrected my save.

I think I don't have one in my save.

 

Another bad thing with these salary caps, is don't put in player's contract wage rise after completing x number of club apps or international caps, where in january you need to sell someone because you cross the limit with that rise of pay.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to say what a huge disappointment this issue is.  I started a save with Girona in the 2nd division, won promotion, built a squad of young guys who are turning into stars,  improved facilities, built a new stadium, qualified for Champions League three seasons in a row, and have no hope of ever making this a really great team because the salary cap is stuck just over $50MM while half of the table have $90MM or more to spend.

Major failure on the part of SI.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Had just finished season 10 with my Ceuta team that I brought up from the 4th division. Won first ever Europa League and Copa Del Rey titles. Finished 2nd on 90 points, got a first ever Champions League qualification. All to see that my salary cap barely changed and it dawned on me that I would probably have to abandon the save as I don’t plan on buying the in-game editor. First ever long term FM save as well, this year was my first year buying the game. Gutted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Running into this in my youth challenge now, season 16 with a small team, after 3 la ligas in a row we have £500m in the bank and a £1m/week salary cap, think next season I'm gonna hit the limit... Also we keep making profits every year so the salary cap doesn't make sense even if you don't count the £500m in the bank.

Weird how all these bugs are still in the game in its final version, like this and the youth facility bug which are both potentially game breaking. Have to say I find this rather unsatisfactory.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 04/05/2022 at 00:01, Prophqt said:

Had just finished season 10 with my Ceuta team that I brought up from the 4th division. Won first ever Europa League and Copa Del Rey titles. Finished 2nd on 90 points, got a first ever Champions League qualification. All to see that my salary cap barely changed and it dawned on me that I would probably have to abandon the save as I don’t plan on buying the in-game editor. First ever long term FM save as well, this year was my first year buying the game. Gutted.

I decided to resign and turn my save into a journeyman save, I moved to a mid table Serie A team and my budget is $40MM more than it was in La Liga.  Frustrating to basically start over building up a club, but not as much as starting over completely.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a long Betis saved ruined because of the new salary cap in La liga, there is no way of keeping up with Barcelona and Real Madrid, After winning six la liga in a row and 3 champions leagues my wage budget was still half of Barcelona wage budget and Real Madrid had a budget three times bigger than mine. The Betis board kept giving me a nice wage budget to work with but it never match la liga salary cap.  I eventually had to sell my star players since I couldn't afford to give them that contract they wanted and lost interest in the saved, One thing I notice was that even if you sold players or got new sponsorship money the salary cap would stay the same. I hoped they get it fixed for fm23 I had wanted to do a saved with Real Murcia but this bug ruins it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2022 at 04:20, Diablito said:

I had a long Betis saved ruined because of the new salary cap in La liga, there is no way of keeping up with Barcelona and Real Madrid, After winning six la liga in a row and 3 champions leagues my wage budget was still half of Barcelona wage budget and Real Madrid had a budget three times bigger than mine. The Betis board kept giving me a nice wage budget to work with but it never match la liga salary cap.  I eventually had to sell my star players since I couldn't afford to give them that contract they wanted and lost interest in the saved, One thing I notice was that even if you sold players or got new sponsorship money the salary cap would stay the same. I hoped they get it fixed for fm23 I had wanted to do a saved with Real Murcia but this bug ruins it.

The salary cap in Spain isn’t a new rule. Just new to FM as far as I’m aware. It’s out me off starting a save in the second division.

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Ewan0404 said:

new to FM

yes, and among the unanticipated (I suspect) problems is longtime FM players running into it for the first time. It might be something they extend to other leagues in the future, I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 21/05/2022 at 18:56, du Garbandier said:

yes, and among the unanticipated (I suspect) problems is longtime FM players running into it for the first time. It might be something they extend to other leagues in the future, I guess.

 

It also doesn't seem to be implemented properly.  Your wage budget isn't capped by the salary cap, for one thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.