The All New Mod Requests Thread

Terk

Thanks.

This is just a test post to make sure the layout doesn't look a total shambles before I post it in my story...

Schalke - 3rd place, 63 points, 51 goals scored, 19 conceded.

Remaining fixtures: Hertha Berlin (a), VFL Bochum (h), FC Bayern Munich (a), Werder Bremen (h).

Key men: Manuel Neuer (GK) - 15 clean sheets from 30 league games; Ivan Rakitic (AMC) - 2 goals, 8 assists from 20 league games; Kevin Kuranyi (ST) - 8 goals, 2 assists from 22(1) league games; Soren Larsen (ST) - 10 goals, 2 assists from 10(11) league games;

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'd done well in not bothering you fellas but I'm back again.

In my thread could you correct my post dated the 30th. I need one changed to won in the following paragraph: "Once more I nodded now truly considering everything as so many thoughts raced through my head. Two years? Had the treble I one them not been enough for a long term extension? Was this best for the family? The words I practiced on the way over. I could hardly think."

Embarrassing mistake really. icon_confused.gif Late night writing got to me.

Bah! You can tell I've started updating my stories again recently by my sudden and regular reapperance in this thread!

Please could someone change "Tinganesvøllur" to "Tórsvøllur" in the final sentance of my latest post in my Torshavn story.

Just because the game itself has us supposedly playing in a "stadium" that is still being built doesn't mean the story has to follow suit icon_razz.gif

Thanks in advance

Can someone please correct my post?

It is An American Pilgrimage, 20 April 2008, Chapter 14, paragraph 17, last sentence (the chant lyrics).

Please replace the words "Fly him off in a helicopter" with these words "Sack him Bell/Fast and proper"

Thank you very much.

Rats, I came up with an all-new means of c***ing it up. icon_frown.gif

I've inadvertently posted the wrong dates[/b of the story:

Blade III, pg 14

Can you please delete the (first) Thursday 26th August, Friday 27th August, and Saturday 28th August posts in their entirety?

If you can't delete the post outright, please null out the content.

Thanks

I've done something similar, Amaroq. Please alter my last entry (10/29 on text), second paragraph to read:

"No one said it would be easy to be involved with me in the first place, much less with me serving as an active manager. Yet last time I checked, I am still a human being and that means I have human needs I need to meet."

That would involve removing the garble in the middle of that sentence that I forgot to take out during editing. Rats.

Please and thank you icon_smile.gif

Glad I'm not the only one, tenthreeleader! icon_biggrin.gif

Both of you might wish to consider dropping links to the page of your story that has the problem, if you can; it makes the mods' jobs easier.

Making the mods' job harder is my job! icon_biggrin.gif

Speaking of which, Blade III, pg 15, the "1st September" post, can you change the "QUOTE" tags around the goal-scorers table at the bottom into the proper "CODE" tags?

Thanks in advance,

Amaroq- deletions done and code tags set icon_smile.gif

Amaroq is right, this is world's easier when you provide the link to the story- else we have to search around to find it...

copperhorse- I fixed yours yesterday, but didn't have time to leave a note that it was done icon_smile.gif

tenthreeleader- words subbed in icon_smile.gif

ScottleeSVF- the 'BY' line is now correct icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Amaroq:

Both of you might wish to consider dropping links to the page of your story that has the problem, if you can; it makes the mods' jobs easier.

Thank you for the tip, Amaroq .. still learning board etiquette. I will do that in future.

And Faramir, thanks for the help!

Originally posted by Amaroq:

Glad I'm not the only one, tenthreeleader! icon_biggrin.gif

You're not the only two either! I did the same in my Werder Bremen story where one match apparently got played a year and a day before the following one, but I couldn't be bothered to ask to get it changed. All but the keenest of readers probably didn't notice anyway icon_biggrin.gif

Could you delete the following pieces from my posts? I know this may take a little while, so my apologies.

Despite the fact that this story begins in 2002, the management side was done on FM 2007.)

(First post)

As a notice, the first few posts are set in the 2002/2003 season. Don't worry - I will be getting to the management section. (Second post)

I know that this seems a little long winded, but trust me - you'll see why I have included all of this instead of going straight to the management aspect. (Third post)

I know I said that the previous story post would be the last before management...well, that was what was intended, but I had a brainwave with this little scene - it should explain quite a bit for when we actually get to the management part. (Seventh post)

By the way...before people start saying 'Why the hell would Richard propose so early after meeting Katie?' Simple enough - he was overly smitten. Anyway, we're getting to the management section next post. (Tenth post)

Now this is something I came up with to add a little more substance to a specific character... (last story post)

Would also be much appreciated if the 'FM 2007' is taken off of the thread title.

Thank you!

Yeah generally people don't put the actual game in the header, mainly because it's not overly important (although sometimes, like if you were playing on CM2 or something you might want to use it to catch people's attention)

Mentioning the version you are using, and the leagues running is fine though Viperk most people like to know these things for some reason and also because it does show perhaps it is based on an actual game icon_wink.gif But the bits I was pointing out in your story - and it's not a criticism tbh I just feel it takes something away - are where you feel the need to explain something that tbh doesn't need explained. When you read a novel, the writer doesn't suddenly pop in a line saying 'Well this next bit is going to be slightly different' or whatever.

And btw adding a bit at the end, as you'll see King Jeff has done on his story, saying 'Next time we'll see something happen' etc, is actually fine in his context because it's a kind of documentary.

Originally posted by Terk:

Sorted all those requests, viper, Jim, Scottlee, Jeff and david icon_smile.gif

Could those who haven't this time remember to post a link to their story next time, makes things quicker and easier for us icon14.gif

Many thanks, Terk... but guess what? icon_smile.gif

Yup, I've gone and done it again! icon_mad.gif Could you please fix the same bolding mistake in the 24/7/07 post Thanks.

Terk:

I've got an oops in my November 13 post:

Second block, fourth graf should read: Gently, I took Kate by the arm and led her to a bench in a far corner of the gallery. "Patty told me she had a relationship with Peter when he he was married to you and that she didn't know he was married," I said.

In other words, the second "she" should be changed to "he". Not that there's anything wrong with that ....

Please and thank you icon_smile.gif

In post dated 2 May Link

Can you please add [/i] after "While you are at it get me a fresh pot." about half way down the post.

The same tag should be added after the last line "OK see you shortly."

Many thanks

Archived