The All New Mod Requests Thread

Terk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't mean to be a pain in the arse, but my latest post in:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=2101905...372066683#9372066683

Could you fix it, stupidly added bits in at the end without double-checking.

First fix: Delete the dead tag.

Saturday 19th January

Newtown - 1

Tommy Mutton (80)

Llangefni - 2

Chris Jones (71)

Graham Austin (90)[/i]

Second: Middle paragraph of the post...

I have reduced the wage budget significantly, releasing 2 players (Ewing & Roberts) and offering an extension of a year to all players I don’t consider a sap on the club’s resources;

Change to;

I have reduced the wage budget significantly, releasing 2 players (Ewing & Roberts), the 2 useless members of staff (Evans & Brown) and offering an extension of a year to all players I don’t consider a sap on the club’s resources;

(Obviously keeping the readers up to date on whether I sacked the two eejits).

The summary at the bottom, the tags are screwed.

Thanks in advance, really appreciated.

sherm- I don't think you did anything wrong (code tags appear correct), but the tables taken directly from the game don't translate well (at least the ones I have tried) into posts here. I know on my stories I handmake an abbreviated table because of that.

Maybe Terk has a better solution on this.

First off I'd like a horrible error fixed in my first post here!

May '94 Saw Celtic win the Scottish Cup, beating Airdrie 1-0. (16yo)

That happened in 1995, can't believe I typed the wrong year! Any chance of shuffling it up my manager history and editing it correctly? Much appreciated.

And in my last post - the very last paragraph bolded Crswys should read Caerswys and in my March Summery the end position should read 12th. That was just dumbness on my part.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/97319217/m/2002051683

Thanks again.

Hi could someone please fix the post in my "Playing the Wrong Code" Thread as I have stupidly ended up with two posts with no line breaks so it is way too wide for the page, if the repeat post could please also be deleted as it was posted by accident.

Thank you so much, and keep up the good work guys.

Sorted those request, NoodleBhoy and Des Tiny. Des, it would be helpful next time if you could post a link to your story in here icon_smile.gif

Sherm, with the table that I fixed, the problem was the note about points being deducted being included in the table data. The code tags generally hate text, especially long lines of it which tends to screw posts up. However, in your second table I can't see what is the matter, but I'll have a shot at fixing it anyway icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Terk:

Sherm, with the table that I fixed, the problem was the note about points being deducted being included in the table data. The code tags generally hate text, especially long lines of it which tends to screw posts up. However, in your second table I can't see what is the matter, but I'll have a shot at fixing it anyway icon_smile.gif

Fixed icon_cool.gif For some reason there were a huge number of extra spaces in the table, and again the code tags get really screwed up by lots of spaces.

Originally posted by HappyNoodleBhoy:

Sorry mate, didn't word my last request right. March Summary should look like this:

March Summary

Start Position: 11th

End Position: 12th

Form: LWWDL

Best Player: Chris Jones

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/97319217/m/2002051683

Cheers again. *thumbs up*

Could that D in my Form change to an X? Ta!

Well being a complete idiot I posted my request in the wrong thread. Thanks to PM I've been directed to the proper thread. So could you kind fellows fix the underline tag I added on the last post of my thread here? Instead of a could you just make it bold. Thanks in advance. icon14.gif

Could you lock/close/delete my Retiring (nearly) to Runcorn thread please? I am still playing the game but at such a slow pace it would make for a tedious story. No-one seems to be reading it anyway and I've come to despise my imaginationless title. When I've finished the challange or however you would define it I may come back and post it as a quick one post story or just a topic in general questions, but for now I'll thank you and apolgize for second story thread I've failed to see through. Not my thing I think.

Could I have the name of this story changed to 'Eastern Bloc Party', obviously with (ICC) still on the end.

Just thought it was both cooler and cleverer than the dull title I origninally came up with! Also, you may want to edit the name of the story in my post in the challenge thread here.

Danke icon_wink.gif

davidmcain- got both of those corrected icon_smile.gif In addition you had a bunch of the years as 2008 and even one 2009, so I went ahead and fixed those as well.

It is much easier if you provide a link to the post that needs correcting icon_smile.gif

Thanks Faramir,

Your help was much appreciated. 2009? dont know how i managed that but will be a bit more careful. Will def provide a link in future.

Many thanks again + really enjoying your stories buddy, they're an inspiration for me starting one.

General "how to use the interface" question here ..

When people post ASCII tables to the board, how are they doing it? Are they using the "list" function"? As I write now, I'm at the end of January, I've got three clubs in a tremendous race at the top of the table, and I think I might like to show the table for reference.

Thanks!

It's either quote or code..not quite sure.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Chelsea | | 22 | 14 | 4 | 4 | 32 | 15 | +17 | 46 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Man Utd | | 22 | 12 | 6 | 4 | 37 | 22 | +15 | 42 |

| 3rd | | Liverpool | | 22 | 12 | 6 | 4 | 32 | 19 | +13 | 42 |

| 4th | | Arsenal | | 21 | 12 | 4 | 5 | 37 | 20 | +17 | 40 |

</pre>

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| 1st | | Chelsea | | 22 | 14 | 4 | 4 | 32 | 15 | +17 | 46 |

| 2nd | | Man Utd | | 22 | 12 | 6 | 4 | 37 | 22 | +15 | 42 |

| 3rd | | Liverpool | | 22 | 12 | 6 | 4 | 32 | 19 | +13 | 42 |

| 4th | | Arsenal | | 21 | 12 | 4 | 5 | 37 | 20 | +17 | 40 |

Originally posted by -Xenon-:

Could I have the name of this story changed to 'Eastern Bloc Party', obviously with (ICC) still on the end.

Just thought it was both cooler and cleverer than the dull title I origninally came up with! Also, you may want to edit the name of the story in my post in the challenge thread here.

Danke icon_wink.gif

Only slightly late but fixed that one for you, Freon icon_smile.gif

Hi. I've got three minor mistakes which could do with being amended, all within a close proximity of each other on Page 1.

1) At the bottom of the 5th update is a mysterious "Barrow 0" which needs deleting. It's fairly obvious when you see it.

2) In the middle of the 6th update, Worcester City should have a "0" next to their name in bold, to show their score. Could you add this?

3) In the middle of the 7th update, Harrogate Town should also have a "0" next to their name in bold. Could you add this?

Many thanks for the help.

Archived