The All New Mod Requests Thread

Terk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorted, sirdez. but next time (if there is one) don't just post again with your corrections and then get the first one deleted. just come in here and ask for the original mistake to be corrected.

or I might just delete the wrong post icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Terk:

sorted, sirdez. but next time (if there is one) don't just post again with your corrections and then get the first one deleted. just come in here and ask for the original mistake to be corrected.

Actually correcting myself was for my own benefit - as from other forums I've posted on, the code for quoting has been different, so I posted again to see how it worked on here.

Anyway, thanks.

Originally posted by sirdez24:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terk:

Actually correcting myself was for my own benefit - as from other forums I've posted on, the code for quoting has been different, so I posted again to see how it worked on here.

Anyway, thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fair enough then. nae problem icon_smile.gif

Could I ask for the first part of my first post of my story: The Guy Who Changed to be put into "italics" as I tried to but obviously failed with the stuff. In future, how do I italic text properly?

Thanks, and sorry for any annoying "newbie" stuff.

Rhys.

w3lshrugby- fixed the italics icon_smile.gif Not sure why it didn't read correctly but the square brackets ([ ]) are the ones to use.

WLKRAS- I think it is fixed the way you wanted. I copied in the table to the 2nd post and then deleted the table post. Hope that was correct icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Faramir:

WLKRAS- I think it is fixed the way you wanted. I copied in the table to the 2nd post and then deleted the table post. Hope that was correct icon_smile.gif

That's indeed correct, cheers icon14.gif

Hey,

Would someone be so good as to tinker with my opening post in the WEXFORD thread, ammending the text within the CODE tags to ensure it doesn't generate a horiztonal scroll-bar. I had no idea it didn't auto-format lines.

Me again icon_frown.gif

Similarly, could someone be so kind as to remove "Wexford Echo" and the date from the "

" tag, and drop into into the quote fields itself? I was just experimenting to see if it worked the same was as similar forum boards. Obviously not. It merely breaks the code =D

Originally posted by Faramir:

All set on the 8 vs. 9 Starr_Man5 icon_smile.gif

Not that I'm ungrateful or anything but you changed the wrong one! icon_biggrin.gif

It's supposed to go from 8 on the Thursday (a paragraph down from MASCHERANO-OH-NO) and then I sign Downing on the Monday so it goes to 9 Englishmen.

Please and thank you for your time, very much appreciated. icon14.gificon_smile.gif

Another idiotic mistake that I'm baffled I missed (I proof-read before I copy and paste).

This sentence about 3/4 down the latest post:

"Obviously players join Liverpool to make up the numbers,"

Should read:

"Obviously, players don't join Liverpool to make up the numbers,"

I'm so sorry and if this could be amended I promise to be more careful in future.

Thank you in advance. icon14.gificon_smile.gif

Holy ****! Was it forum-wide **** up day yesterday? icon_biggrin.gif Sorted them all.

Note to ajcardall and starr_man5, could you guys provide links to your stories next time. It just saves us searching through to find the right story. Cheers.

Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

Another idiotic mistake that I'm baffled I missed (I proof-read before I copy and paste).

This sentence about 3/4 down the latest post:

"Obviously players join Liverpool to make up the numbers,"

Should read:

"Obviously, players don't join Liverpool to make up the numbers,"

I'm so sorry and if this could be amended I promise to be more careful in future.

Thank you in advance. icon14.gificon_smile.gif

The above mentioned mistake Terk in this story, as well as (I've just noticed):

WED 18TH JULY

THUR 22ND JULY (How would that work!? icon_biggrin.gif)

should obviously be:

19th and 20th of July respectively.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Queen of the Stevenage:

All hail Queen Terk! The Righter of posting Wrongs!

Sorted for accuracy.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers icon14.gif

I know the forum is hardly a hotbed of criminality, but it would be useful to have another working full moderator and it's pretty clear Raptor has lost interest. I know he wants to get all the indexing done, and thats another thing if Raptor really isn't coming back has he given anyone his login details for the archives site so we can assume control over it? I last spoke to him round about awards time, that was AGES ago!

I last had contact with him in mid-November when he wanted to discuss something that was in the mod room. But haven't even seen him on the forum since then.

I certainly don't have access to the archives site, I can only assume he plans to get that finished himself at some point.

I offered to help out on the archiving thing, apparently he's got a scheme and just needs to go through data entry for it, but I haven't heard back from him since November either.

But, back to our usual fare:

I've munged a Bold tag at <A HREF="http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=21019056&f=97319217&m=5592095143&r=7352090573#7352090573" TARGET=_blank>Blade, pg 25

</A>, the April 23rd post, Man U down at the 2nd-last paragraph.

And I'm tempted to ask you to fix Jammer's italics six posts up from that. icon_wink.gif

Thanks in advance,

Archived