Transfer system, Domestic Bias.

Birnir Snær

Hello, I am one of the players that play for a long time in a save and it really bugs me that after 10 years or so. All the big clubs have basically no players from their home country. For example i am 10 years in and Manchester United has 5 players from the UK, for a total of 19% of their first team squad. From Wikipedia squad that number is 42%. For Juventus in a league with strict rules about foreign players, 29% domestic players in the game while Wikipedia squad was 44%. On average in the Prem in the game there are about 4-6 players from the UK on each team. The premier league and Bundesliga are the worst, Seria A and Ligue 1 are slightly better with an average of 7-8. While LaLiga actually had an ok average of ca 10-12 players of Spanish nationality. Now in each league there are of course outliers like Liverpool and Gladbach with only 3 domestic players and Villarreal with 16. But i think there is very much needed to implement some kind of Domestic bias in to the reasoning for transfer targets for teams. How i dont know, maybe make teams value domestic players as +20 CA or something and only if you have max reputation you ignore this domestic bias and try to create your own Galactico.

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators

I think something like this would have to be raised as a bug, and then we can investigate a wider range of saves and see how the Home Grown % compares over a longer period of time with more examples. :)

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/570_all-other-gameplay/