Sell player now option

ottey_swe

When you have agreed a pre-contract with a player who has 6 months left on his contract, you get an option to buy him in the january window. More often than not at a higher value than he's listed for if he's transfer listed, but I digress..

Should there also be an option to sell one of your players who's agreed a pre-contract with another club?

On 21/01/2022 at 14:55, ottey_swe said:

When you have agreed a pre-contract with a player who has 6 months left on his contract, you get an option to buy him in the january window. More often than not at a higher value than he's listed for if he's transfer listed, but I digress..

Should there also be an option to sell one of your players who's agreed a pre-contract with another club?

Why would a team commit to paying a fee in January when they've already agree'd a pre-contract when a players contract has expired?

Economically it makes no sense when all you have to do is wait out the 6 months to get someone for free, also it makes no economic sense for a player because he gets a higher signing on bonus as well as higher wages because agents negotiate them for the player (And themselves) by using zero transfer

fee as an excuse.

I've heard of teams agreeing mutual termination in January (Arsenal do it all the time recently) then a player agreeing next day with another club, which seems sketchy.

7 hours ago, MasterKano said:

Why would a team commit to paying a fee in January when they've already agree'd a pre-contract when a players contract has expired?

Economically it makes no sense when all you have to do is wait out the 6 months to get someone for free, also it makes no economic sense for a player because he gets a higher signing on bonus as well as higher wages because agents negotiate them for the player (And themselves) by using zero transfer

fee as an excuse.

I've heard of teams agreeing mutual termination in January (Arsenal do it all the time recently) then a player agreeing next day with another club, which seems sketchy.

Simple. You might need the player immediately.

17 hours ago, sammayel666 said:

There is in FM21! Haven't upgraded to FM22 yet
I've definitely sold a few players that way - maybe it will only appear if the buying club has an open transfer window at the time?

Oh, I didn't realize that. Never noticed it in FM21.

Edited by ottey_swe

12 hours ago, MasterKano said:

No player would agree to that though considering a team would get the fee he'd get for signing after January, Simple.

Happens "quite" often. Player and new club agree on a contract starting in the summer, then, if new club needs player right away, they sometimes negotiate with old club about a fee for letting the player go right away, if they agree, player transfers immidiately. The player's contract has already been agreed on, so it won't be affected (other than adding a few months to the length).

On 23/01/2022 at 17:56, MasterKano said:

No player would agree to that though considering a team would get the fee he'd get for signing after January, Simple.

The AI team could of course deny the opportunity to buy him in january. There should at least be the option to try to sell him to the AI club. As of now, that option doesn't exist. Only the option to buy from an AI club.

• 2 months later...