I solved the 4231 IF/IW problem! My insane tactic!

So a very noob question as I havent been able to read through the whole topic, but Ive had issues to getting the IF's to perform for a long time. Why is is it that that particular midfield pairing that influences the wingers to do better?

29 minutes ago, eXistenZ said:

So a very noob question as I havent been able to read through the whole topic, but Ive had issues to getting the IF's to perform for a long time. Why is is it that that particular midfield pairing that influences the wingers to do better?

It’s not that simple. It’s all about your whole tactical setup, approach and the specific player. Adeyemi suits very well in my system, because I create space for him to explore with his rapid pace. 

11 hours ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

It’s not that simple. It’s all about your whole tactical setup, approach and the specific player. Adeyemi suits very well in my system, because I create space for him to explore with his rapid pace. 

Well im far from a tactical mastermind. Its just that in every career that I employed the IF, he consistently turns up as the worst player ratingwise, even if I play the supposedly strongest player of my team there. Both with a 433 DM with Bastia, and a 4231 with Boavista (FM21), and Ive never really have been able to put the finger on it what exactly it is.

11 hours ago, eXistenZ said:

Well im far from a tactical mastermind. Its just that in every career that I employed the IF, he consistently turns up as the worst player ratingwise, even if I play the supposedly strongest player of my team there. Both with a 433 DM with Bastia, and a 4231 with Boavista (FM21), and Ive never really have been able to put the finger on it what exactly it is.

I would suggest making a new topic about your issue, I think that this has to do with your set-up. And since you always have the same problem there's something your missing or doing wrong. 

One thing that always takes some time for me is working out how I'm going to make the if to score. Apart from the general things one can do every squad is different with different qualities. 

33 minutes ago, Feddo said:

I would suggest making a new topic about your issue, I think that this has to do with your set-up. And since you always have the same problem there's something your missing or doing wrong. 

One thing that always takes some time for me is working out how I'm going to make the if to score. Apart from the general things one can do every squad is different with different qualities. 

Oh I already did a while ago, but it kinda died off

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/560268-fm21-inside-forwards-inverted-wingers/

So my target for the new season was to see if I could make Leao on the left to perform as good as Adeyemi on the right. So i wanted to create more space. Theo H. is by nature more attacking than than Calabria. So I i changed Theo´s role to WB(Aut) instead of CWB. WB(Aut) is precoded to not get further forward. I found that the space around Leao got too congested when he was also on IW. The IW role is a less direct role than IF. More like a Robben style. So I also changed that to IF. And wow it worked in the beginning of the season. I also changed my LOE too much lower and my DL to higher. So because of that my players can now press much more often and get stuck in without getting exhausted after 60 min. AND Leao and Adeyemi has a lot of space in the transition phase.

Skærmbillede (14).png

Skærmbillede (15).png

Skærmbillede (16).png

Skærmbillede (17).png

Edited by ThomasHK1979

23 hours ago, GabrielK said:

My tactic is better.

20220125_191158.jpg

Hi,

Feel free to contribute to threads and start discussions that's what these forums are for. But in future directly antagonizing other posters will be acted upon. 

The original poster put lots of time and effort into showing their findings and this response wasn't warranted even if you believe your claims to be true.

Thank you enjoy the forums!

Jack

On 20/01/2022 at 07:33, ThomasHK1979 said:

I tried for years to get my wingers to score and perform in my 4231 system. And fianllyI solved it. I have created this insane tactic which works SO well. Look at the stats its amazing. Just beat FC Bayern 4-1 in CL. Its Karim Adeyemi´s first season. Imagine him in a few years. Hedoesnt take any set pices or penalties. He is INSANE as an IF.

Adeymi.png

Skærmbillede (2).png

Skærmbillede (3).png

@ThomasHK1979 any thoughts on this being used for a newly promoted team into La Liga? Looks like a great tactic 

On 21/01/2022 at 06:27, ThomasHK1979 said:

So maybe a DMsup instead of my RPM?

That can work.  RPM certainly contributes more to attack but obviously leaves the backline more exposed.  As opposed to DM(d), DM(s) definitely helps bridge the transition-gap between the DM level and the AM level. Depends upon your DMs attributes and his teammates around him.  If your DM has good WR/Ant/Acc, and/or his CB teammates have good Ant/Acc/Pos, he can afford to get further forwards.

On 20/01/2022 at 14:38, DarJ said:

That's the 4231 teams use IRL. The central midfielders are usually DMs

Yep.  But irl, the players are coached to react to triggers better, I think, than a game can reproduce....yet.  In FM22, I think that even when I have a good decision maker at DM, there is no good role/duty which says:  get further forwards if our opponent's AMs are defending deeper but drop deeper mark them if they are quick and camping for counters, etc.  Often, I'll alter my DMs duty depending upon an opponent's formation:  for example, if my opponent has a strong 4-2-3-1 with a good AMC, I'll definitely keep my DM on a more defensive role...

Been on a bit of a dry run in my Valencia save - struggling to score goals - so thought I'd change things up a bit and give this a go (I had a 4-2-3-1 tactic anyway, so am basically adapting that); first game with it...away at PSG! :lol:

And we drew 2-2! So I'll take that TBH! Puts us in with a decent shout of getting out of our CL group now!

So this is for FM21 offcours, but it does look like pulling the CM's back actually works. In my career as Bastia, i switched to a 433 with 2 DMs, as I promised a player I would use him as segundo volante, and being the weakest team in my first year of Ligue 1, I wanted defensive stability. Loaned a guy for the IF/LW role with mediocre stats, and he had a great season for me. 16 assists, only one less than neymar (who averaged a 8.13 season despite being on the transferlist).

Spoiler

20220205210408_1.thumb.jpg.4fd8b4f98f03f8830ba8c1b9d5f30f37.jpg20220206130555_1.thumb.jpg.b40d65216aee3a485ac2e0b4d31587f0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ashlfcowen said:

Lovely stuff.

It's definitely possible! I wanted to try a throw-a-way save with LFC to see if I could get Salah to outdo his 17/18 season.

I played him as an IF(A) and he scored 61 in 56 starts which was great.

image.thumb.png.d4c4ec39d4ae81bee5aa685193d933dd.png

Looks great. 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1? 
IF’s seems to better suit 4-2-3-1 sometimes 

@ThomasHK1979

Really impressive results and a very well balanced tactic :applause:

I gave this a go in my final three games of the Serie B season with Parma with the league already won - and it produced some great football. 

I’ve got a squad more suited to playing a 4-3-3 and my main tactic got great results from my IF(A) Dennis Man but no matter who I played as the IW(S) on the left, they always struggled to perform. 

Do you think a similar system to yours with two IF(A) could achieve similar results in a 4-3-3? My initial thoughts would be to use a DLF(S) up front to provide a link like the AP(S) does, and maybe add a runner in midfield like a CM/MEZ(A) 

• 2 months later...
On 16/02/2022 at 20:08, Fantasista10 said:

@ThomasHK1979

Really impressive results and a very well balanced tactic :applause:

I gave this a go in my final three games of the Serie B season with Parma with the league already won - and it produced some great football. 

I’ve got a squad more suited to playing a 4-3-3 and my main tactic got great results from my IF(A) Dennis Man but no matter who I played as the IW(S) on the left, they always struggled to perform. 

Do you think a similar system to yours with two IF(A) could achieve similar results in a 4-3-3? My initial thoughts would be to use a DLF(S) up front to provide a link like the AP(S) does, and maybe add a runner in midfield like a CM/MEZ(A) 

Yes i Think so. I would use CMa instead of Mezzala though.