3CB and F9 ?

First, could you please comment on my choice of CBs? I used WCB(d) for deeper covering and WCB(s) for higher covering, seeing lb and wb have differend duties. Does it work this way?

Secondly, despite I don’t feel very comfortable in this formation, AF striker and team adapted for him, created some chances.
But I want to use creative striker, which allows to wingers and CM attacks by second tempo.

There are the same tactics with little difference in roles. Logic is the same, could you please explain me my mistakes?

1. image.png.c88572cfcdd77fd3dcc77be5f5a11069.png

2. image.png.992c2401c3b4aaee3a0f1455392a4d90.png

Many thanks in advance!

Edited by Novem9

I'd be a little worried about defensive solidity. WCBs can be caught out of position if the opponent plays a fast counter-attacking strategy so I often find it's good to have a solid midfield to back them up and I'm not sure a DLP on Support is the best choice for that. I'd want a Defend role in there if possible.

If you're going to play inside forwards alongside wingbacks (with WCBs) then both of wingbacks should be on attack duty as should the inside forwards but the wingbacks should be told to stay wide to support the inside forwards should they run into opposition defenders.

In the midfield you should have a BBM with the DLP to support attacks as well as give cover for your defenders. You should also use a BPD in the middle of the two WCBs if you're going to play out of defense.

24 минуты назад, Mike J сказал:

I'm not sure a DLP on Support is the best choice for that. I'd want a Defend role in there if possible.

DLP(d) + *second role* attack duty or support?

20 минут назад, MasterKano сказал:

both of wingbacks should be on attack duty

sounds too much riskly? I have no many players back to counter-press in middle zones?

21 минуту назад, MasterKano сказал:

BBM with the DLP

Could you explain BBM choice? WCB(s) runs in BBM position? + BBM is not best support for F9 from deep position isn't? 

BPD with stay wide, will stay back and provide deep cover on that flank.

WCB(d) will move up the pitch in possession when the ball is on their side and provide cover in midfield.

With the WCB(s) you're creating an overload on the right flank, especially with all these attack duties.

Watch a match in 2d with comprehensive highlights and try these roles to see their movement, I think it's easier to understand different roles that way.

The way this tactic should work is, WCB, WB, DLP and IW will progress the ball on the right flank and CM, IF, F9 will stay in or at the edge of the box to receive crosses. In that case you're probably better off with more traditional 9, like an AF, Poacher, or even TF. 

If you want to use a creative Forward, I'd use the 2nd tactic, change the Mez(a) to BBM or another role that stays in midfield and makes later runs into the box and switch both WCB to defend. Maybe try focus through middle and narrower, like generally have more players and possession in central areas. 

16 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

DLP(d) + *second role* attack duty or support?

sounds too much riskly? I have no many players back to counter-press in middle zones?

Could you explain BBM choice? WCB(s) runs in BBM position? + BBM is not best support for F9 from deep position isn't? 

The WCBs should be covering the wide areas of the defense whilst the wingbacks move forwards into the wing space areas allowing the IFs to have an outlet should they run into trouble whilst cutting inside.

BBMs provide support in attacking areas as well as defensive areas, which gives the IFs someone outside the box in central areas to pass to should the F9 be in a move advanced position.

The DLP also provides a certain amount of defensive support if I'm not wrong.

WCBs should be on Defensive duty for me as the wingbacks provide wing support for the IFs.

Thank you all for answers. I checked and looks like F9 just not a good role for this formation :) I changed F9->AF and have better effect and more freedom to set other roles
Looks like AF is universal role, works almost in all cases