[FM24] [WIP] Iron Curtain 1988 - If you rebuild it, it will come.

Ouch! Losing your hard work, or not being able to use it, gives a big headache. Hope you'll find what's causing this and you'll overcome this problem.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used a workaround to set up II teams for competition to fill out the ranks. That means instead of 127 I only have to created 19. I have to take a good look at the level 5 rules for II teams though. I am going to set maximum for II teams, but they get higher the lower you go. So, time lost for now, but not as much (yet). I hope I can finish the data Monday or Tuesday, so I can recheck the competitions and see if I need to create more teams. I am not behind on my West Germany planning, but I don't have much room for error either. And the Soviet Union is looming.

Luckily some good news after Sunday's dissapointment. I worked on re-adding teams today. They were more than the 19 I had in mind, but less than the 126 I lost.

Just 6-10 to go and I am done. It does help to be able to copy everything from FM22 :) Hopefully tomorrow I can start re-setting the competitions again. That will be some work with all the various cups, but could have been much much worse.

Edit: Already have set the (basic) competitions, but might dive a little deeper into properly setting all promotion and relegation. 

Next up: Cups. Only now realised that all Verbandspokale are already in the game. Which means I can clean up a bit on the part of created competitions. Added bonus, their history is in there as well, and that was what alerted me to check the competitions when I was setting up the DFB Pokal. Makes things soooooo much easier :) Swapping out competitions should be enough to get things to work for me which probably means Basic Rules are redone tonight. I will probably do some work on the Advanced Rules, but that's reserved for a later date. This week is just to have the basics for Advanced Rules ready and see that the file verifies properly (had some headaches with that afterall....).

DFB Pokal is trying to annoy me when not accepting the various Verbandspokale in Basic Rules. I will leave it simple without the Verbandspokale now. That's easyily added in Advanced Rules. Time for two more cups and a quick check if I can set up promotion and relegation better in basic rules to save myself time in advanced rules. I have tomorrow and Friday to do the first things in Advanced Rules and finish up the biggest part of the setup in Advanced Rules this weekend.

hace 13 horas, Wolf_pd dijo:

Next up: Cups. Only now realised that all Verbandspokale are already in the game. Which means I can clean up a bit on the part of created competitions. Added bonus, their history is in there as well, and that was what alerted me to check the competitions when I was setting up the DFB Pokal. Makes things soooooo much easier :) Swapping out competitions should be enough to get things to work for me which probably means Basic Rules are redone tonight. I will probably do some work on the Advanced Rules, but that's reserved for a later date. This week is just to have the basics for Advanced Rules ready and see that the file verifies properly (had some headaches with that afterall....).

Do you plan to go down to Bezirkspokale or it would be much more like a headache?

3 hours ago, gaucharro said:

Do you plan to go down to Bezirkspokale or it would be much more like a headache?

Verbandspokale is the lowest I will go to at the moment. Bezirkspokale would have needed at least an extra level on the pyramid as well and while for some areas it can be done, for other it would mean massive amounts of extra teams. As one nation project that would be doable, for this one not so much.

Advanced Rules verified on second attempt. First attempt was thwarted by an error because of registration rules. That's a bit of a problematic one popping up regularly. Hungary had the same issue in FM20 Iron Curtain. I removed the registration rule for Bundesliga for now as I need to check on the workaround, but I do know how to put it back in, so that's easy peasy. Next up some advanced rules work and when the basics have been done there i need to write down exactly which competition relegates to which one and which competition promotes to which one via regular competition and via playoffs. If you were ever looking for a difficult sudoku..... Here it is! :D Good preparation for the similar work in Yugoslavia and Soviet Union btw!

43 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

This shouldn't be a major ball ache for you or anyone else. FM Editor should be more simplistic and not a bloody 2nd job 

Don't tell this to an editors hideaway moderator :D

• 2 weeks later...

In what place in advanced rules can I set that B teams are not allowed to play at that level?

I can't seem to find it whereever I look.

3 horas atrás, Wolf_pd disse:

In what place in advanced rules can I set that B teams are not allowed to play at that level?

I can't seem to find it whereever I look.

In the level below try this:

Semttulo.png.d2b99a77c89cc4b120195b0a6d765629.png

Did some work on Yugoslavia today instead of West Germany

image.thumb.png.750b67c3e58d2147b5479004a0a42084.png

The Yugoslavia file has reached version 100 :)

For our former-Yugoslav readers, I am in doubt about second teams in the Yugoslav competitions. Does anyone have some feedback on that?

5 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

I might be wrong, but I don't think there were any. 

That was the assumption I was going on as well. Good, means no changes from where I am now.

Which is naming the competitions, assigning to the correct level, reputation and competition colours (yes....).

It is time...... for the Soviet Union data checks.

If you don't hear from me for a while, I am probably looking up data in Siberia :)

From the list of 390 versions to check I have removed 150 today. It will probably slow the coming days because today was a Dutch bank holiday and Russian and Ukrainian data is still on the list, but hey, a good start is half the work.

Just 70 of 390 items to check. 3 items for Kazakhstan and the rest is for Crimea, Ukraine, Russia and Soviet Union. Hopefully tomorrow I have finished Kazakhstan, Crimea and maybe one of Russia and Ukraine.

Could have been worse.

Almost finished Ukraine today, just 3 oblasts left to check which I will finish tomorrow after work. Then it's Russia time and that's going to take a few days.

Russia has started. 83 local regions to do, because I am doing this per local region.....

Data checks for Russia are complete. Next up some general checks and some Soviet Union checks. There are few big checks on the lists, but hope to get a lot done as next week is my last week before I have three weeks off work. Those three weeks will also mean I am less online (so behave yourself on the forum ;) ) and editing speed will be lower.

So you might wonder, which Soviet teamname is most commong. Spartak, (C)SKA, Lokomotiv, Dynamo/Dinamo or something else.

Turns out that the Soviets like their control and the Dynamo/Dinamo teamname is most common, but the second one was a bit of a surprise as it was Kolos.which usually only plays in rather rural areas. So that also explains why there is just one Kolos team of a decent level (reputation: 4750 and playing at second level), while there are more than enough Dinamo/Dynamo/Dünamo's in big cities.

3 ore fa, Wolf_pd ha scritto:

So you might wonder, which Soviet teamname is most commong. Spartak, (C)SKA, Lokomotiv, Dynamo/Dinamo or something else.

Turns out that the Soviets like their control and the Dynamo/Dinamo teamname is most common, but the second one was a bit of a surprise as it was Kolos.which usually only plays in rather rural areas. So that also explains why there is just one Kolos team of a decent level (reputation: 4750 and playing at second level), while there are more than enough Dinamo/Dynamo/Dünamo's in big cities.

great fun fact!

Vacation has started, so this thread will be a bit more quiet from my side the coming three weeks. No more 14 hour desk sitting for a while. Hope the editor still recognises me when I come back :D