[FM24] [WIP] Iron Curtain 1988 - If you rebuild it, it will come.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pablo Sanchez said:

this getting anywhere?

Yes, it does. On a total of 58 files needed 39 are already done or being tested extensively. You are talking about a 1 million edit project, so it takes time and effort.

Andorra, Gibraltar, San Marino have been reworked and are ready for test. Cyprus is being reworked as we speak. Tomorrow it is Faroe Islands and I will spend Christmasday on the North American file.

The best tactic has been to move the files back to basic rules, recheck them there, make changes if necessary and then convert to advanced rules and redo the edits. I have the World Cup lined up next weekend. That one still crashes during loading in the editor, so I will likely load that one up in either FM22 or FM23 editor, move it back to basic rules and then try to load it in the FM24 editor.

The player file with 113000 errors has already being brought back 82000. I am doing that on the fly when I have some time left next to the other planned items. That has been mainly doing final checks on Czechoslovakia, Poland, Yugoslavia, before I work in advanced rules with those. Still have to do final checks on Romania (not fun), West Germany (even less fun) and *shudder* Soviet Union (that will not be fun at all....).

Next month will be the big test month to see if all files are holding up, except the ones still being worked on. If files fail, there is room to fix,

When this is finished, it will be boring.... :D

Oh no, I have the Historical Divergence project ;)

The CONCACAF Champions' Cup is maddening. There! I said it!

How can a competition with 8 qualifiers pick up a ninth team somewhere along the way? How?!

:seagull:

said probably every single person who ever tried to edit the CONCACAF competitions.

To keep the peace for Christmas, the file has been parked.

57 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Sounds like there are teams qualifying in the background, if you can check that box for "clear all qualified teams" and then call them your own way, it should help

Thanks :) Something for after Christmas, if I can find the right checkbox, there is a lot of redundancy in the editor ;) 

13 hours ago, anitamui said:

I want to make some league rules for unplayable nations in IC20, which files should be used as a base?

Best ones would be those of DavetheEditor, if they are around for FM20. I have used his for the FM22/24 version.

If anyone can point me to a site with a deep dive into the Yugoslav football league system below level 3, that would be very welcome.

I have
information down to level 5 for Slovenia, so I am good there.
Information down to level 4 for Bosnia and some idea where to go with level 5.
Information down to level 5 for Croatia, but I am not entirely sure it is complete (mainly level 5, rest looks good)
Information down to level 4 for Montenegro, but that one looks quite straighforward
Information down to level 5 for Vojvodina, so I am good there
Information down to level 4 for Macedonia and an idea where to go with level 5
Information about Serbia is surprisingly lacking

There could be some 'standarisation' as one can see happen through the years, which will also help me set things up easier.

On 07/11/2023 at 16:05, Wolf_pd said:

That people file hurts a bit :Dimage.thumb.png.b7e445df73e483d4405752b686f17386.png 

So the screenshot above has turned into this one below. All doing that in spare time, so things are progressing.

Things I noted. The 246 deleted records are players that I edited, but that have been removed from the default database between FM22 and FM24. I have not deleted any players.
Most of the changes are either secondary nations failed. This is because of the addition of extra option under the second nation pulldown. Rather annoying, especially considering a lot of those are changes for Slovak, Soviet or Yugoslav players. Other failed changes are mainly deleted data entries for players, things that have been fixed in the default database for instance.

Anyway, I have some more days to spend on it in January and cleaning up the data.

image.thumb.png.39e3902ebf241e6d4ec17aa5cf804261.png

Il 25/12/2023 in 13:29 , Wolf_pd ha scritto:

If anyone can point me to a site with a deep dive into the Yugoslav football league system below level 3, that would be very welcome.

I have
information down to level 5 for Slovenia, so I am good there.
Information down to level 4 for Bosnia and some idea where to go with level 5.
Information down to level 5 for Croatia, but I am not entirely sure it is complete (mainly level 5, rest looks good)
Information down to level 4 for Montenegro, but that one looks quite straighforward
Information down to level 5 for Vojvodina, so I am good there
Information down to level 4 for Macedonia and an idea where to go with level 5
Information about Serbia is surprisingly lacking

There could be some 'standarisation' as one can see happen through the years, which will also help me set things up easier.

I'll check if I can get some sources nad report back.

I will ask the same for East Germany. i have full info for the top 3 levels, and full info full stop for Berlin, Schwerin and Rostock at least, and enough info to at least make believable 4th tiers for Cottbus, and Suhl. I also have info on how many Bezirksklasses there were for Karl Marx Stadt, Halle, and Dresden, but no info on how they were geographically split, and no info whatsoever on the others. Any help is welcome, I'd love to have 4 levels playable.

* 4th level info for Dresden found.

Edited by Reiver

3 hours ago, Reiver said:

I will ask the same for East Germany. i have full info for the top 3 levels, and full info full stop for Berlin, Schwerin and Rostock at least, and enough info to at least make believable 4th tiers for Cottbus, and Suhl. I also have info on how many Bezirksklasses there were for Karl Marx Stadt, Halle, and Dresden, but no info on how they were geographically split, and no info whatsoever on the others. Any help is welcome, I'd love to have 4 levels playable.

* 4th level info for Dresden found.

I can see if I can find something in the logo book and I remember us discussing a website with much more detail.

This is what I have now. Level 1 to 4 are confirmed in setup. Since I am setting up everything except for Serbia the coming days, that gives me time to do some more (soul) searching.

Level 1: National Division
Level 2: National Division
Level 3: 4 Interrepublic Divisions
Level 4: Republic Division (1 or more) 1Slovenian Division, 3 Bosnian Divisions, 4 Croatian Divisions, 1 Vojvodinian Division, 1 Montenegrin Division, 1 Macedonian Division, 2 Serbian Division (Serbia and Kosovo)
Level 5 confirmed: Regional Divisions (1 or more) 2 Slovenian Divisions, 7 Croatian Divisions, 1 Vojvodinian Division
Level 5 unconfirmed but likely, based on available information: Regional Divisions (1 or more) 3 Bosnian Divisions, 1 Montenegrin Division, 1 Macedonian Division
Level 5 unconfirmed and educated guess: 3 Serbian divisions, 1 for Belgrade, 1 for Kosovo, 1 for rest of Serbia. The Kosovo one is pretty certain based on level 4. 2 The Serbian ones are educated guesses, but a version with Belgrade, Kosovo and a Serbian east-west split is one that could be possible for 4 divisions as well

3 ore fa, Wolf_pd ha scritto:

This is what I have now. Level 1 to 4 are confirmed in setup. Since I am setting up everything except for Serbia the coming days, that gives me time to do some more (soul) searching.

Level 1: National Division
Level 2: National Division
Level 3: 4 Interrepublic Divisions
Level 4: Republic Division (1 or more) 1Slovenian Division, 3 Bosnian Divisions, 4 Croatian Divisions, 1 Vojvodinian Division, 1 Montenegrin Division, 1 Macedonian Division, 2 Serbian Division (Serbia and Kosovo)
Level 5 confirmed: Regional Divisions (1 or more) 2 Slovenian Divisions, 7 Croatian Divisions, 1 Vojvodinian Division
Level 5 unconfirmed but likely, based on available information: Regional Divisions (1 or more) 3 Bosnian Divisions, 1 Montenegrin Division, 1 Macedonian Division
Level 5 unconfirmed and educated guess: 3 Serbian divisions, 1 for Belgrade, 1 for Kosovo, 1 for rest of Serbia. The Kosovo one is pretty certain based on level 4. 2 The Serbian ones are educated guesses, but a version with Belgrade, Kosovo and a Serbian east-west split is one that could be possible for 4 divisions as well

i'd pretty much sign for that. in the other news,  I still didn't get any reply. I've contacted these guys who have whole history mapped https://www.exyufudbal.in.rs/

unfortunately, they still didn't respond (you might send another mail to this address: admin@exyufudbal.in.rs ) they are only covering the top division. however, they are from serbia and probably do have someone who still remembers lower leagues. 

ALBANIA is pretty much done:

4533c33469ee26a2d2f9e43044be867d.pnga038124837b97a5ed1c52f5b8cfa5a3c.png

eb7c6324014d220556bb63075adce568.png7e08e52680d04c1bfd1d534bd7f4ecf6.pngdead738e0f8da82d0cfd71234ff73d31.png

Top 2 divisions are playable, with an inactive third tier (there were just 3 levels IRL at the time too). Top division splits into a championship and a relegation group after two rounds, with teams playing within their groups again (Like the classic Scotland system); the second tier does the same and then the winner of each group plays each other for the title of second tier champion. There is also a cup that begins with a group stage. And that's it, very simple league system.

While @Wolf_pd looks into the Hungarian file which is one small issue in the advanced rules away from being ready, I am working on East Germany.

Hungary will have 3 levels of football. The top tier you see there, a second division divided into two leagues, and a third division divided into 8 IIRC; there's also two cups, a normal national cup, and played i nthe same day but before the main game, a "small cup" where the two amateur teams who went the futhest in the cup play eachother.

For East Germany, I have Berlin, Rostock and Schwerin filled up to the 5th/6th tier; currently working on Neubrandenburg. Depending on what I find on all the regions, the country will have 4 to 6 tiers, where in some regions 5th and 6th tier will be education guesses in some regions (because at this level usually each Kreis had their own league)

With Hungary and Albania (pretty much) ready, we have 12 files that still need big work, which (unfortunately) are some of the absolute beasts of the bunch.

The player data file is 3,5Mb large and the Soviet Union is about 1,2Mb, so there is still work to be done. But on Wednesday testing all ready-for-test files will start (I will be in bed on Monday and am in the office on Tuesday), so by the end of the month of January, I should have finalised the other 45-48 files (I always lose count). And everything depends on how quick things go with the player file in January. I have 36679 errors left from 113043 starting. I need to do several rechecks, especially secondary nations (booo!) and that will take days. But as I initially planned to clean up the errors only starting in January I already saved myself several weeks of work.

Might explain why I am already on 472 hours on the editor :idiot:

Less than 15000 errors to go on the People file. While checking the changes I have noticed that the players I have moved are still at the team I intended them to be. That's a major relief, because it is the biggest workload. I am also seeing that players that I free transferred in some cases will have a new team. So there will still be some extra work. But I am expecting to have the clean-up finished on Monday or Tuesday and then it is redoing the Second Nationality changes and such.

Edit: Make that less 10000 errors left. Should be finished on Monday (have other plans for the weekend) and then Monday should also see the start of rechecking the edits. A lot of turning Russia and Ukraine into Soviet Union :)

Sometimes the editor is having a laugh at you..... :seagull:

It is the same thing as happened in the Soviet Union file, so I need to check that one via the Database Changes list and the Database Changes list is .....98100 items. <fill appropriate expletive here>. However, the good news is I can now start the recheck and that should go just as quick. Monday first thing tomorrow.

image.thumb.png.fc44874d7261e4e61d8377b9d328da7e.png

In the meantime the competition tests are whirring on in the background. I test every competition file individually and check the rules after a run of 10-15 seasons. That’s rather long but also allows to check better for errors in for instance sorting final standings.

When checking Serbian, Nation Serbia: 1300 with Second Nation: Serbia and then realising that because of the various options for Second Nations deleting them in one go is a no-go

I hate this :D

In the meantime I have redone changes needed for West Germany, East Germany, Serbia (which is BIG!), Croatia, Slovenia and Bosnia. So for Yugoslavia the bulk of the nationality work is done which is good. I need to finish Montenegro, Macedonia and Kosovo tomorrow and then it is time for the Soviet Union (another big job, but not as big as Yugoslavia). The biggest problem afterwards is the transfers for foreign players that have taken place between june 2021 and september 2023 for player I didn't touch. Let's hope for the best :)

In the meantime, having finished the first of two rounds of creating teams for East Germany for all of Mecklenburg Vorpommern, it's time for Brandenburg, and the usual nice east german names have already showed up: Sportgemeinschaft Tiefbau-Union Frankfurt (Oder) Betriebsteil Nord,

Soviet Union Nationality and Second Nationality check is done. And while I am happy with the progress I am also pretty sure this file is not going to be finished before the end of the month. I should have realised that, but the faulty edits are just more than I wished for. So I am changing tactics which means I am first going to work through moving players for the nations I have done now (the Germany's, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia and Soviet Union). That should give me a good idea what to expect for the others nations not yet done and will help me to work out how to do the rest.

Not much trouble to report about the competition tests in the meantime.

On my side, work in the East German system continues, currently doing Brandenburg, which means that BSG Lokomotive Reichsbahn-Ausbesserungs-Werk Hermann Matern Cottbus is finally in the mod.

On 15/12/2023 at 19:10, Wolf_pd said:

Due some private stuff I will be less active in this thread the coming month. Work is progressing, but need my attention on some stuff outside FM as well.

Private stuff will finish next week with a funeral. After that I am still away from work, but as I have been editing away on the People the last weeks anyway, things are progressing ongoing. Have to do some checking on the necessary transfer work tomorrow. It varies per country. In some cases little to no work is needed, in some cases, the work is massive. It is mainly caused by new people added by the researchers between FM22 and FM24 btw.

在 2024/1/15 在 PM4点56分, Reiver说:

On my side, work in the East German system continues, currently doing Brandenburg, which means that BSG Lokomotive Reichsbahn-Ausbesserungs-Werk Hermann Matern Cottbus is finally in the mod.

what division is the club playing at

Currently the team that is the direct successor to this does not have a football team since 2006, even though they're still active in other sports, in game they'll start in the 5th tier, 1.Kreisklasse Cottbus.

Since I am mostly redoing/rechecking the various I made to the People file that I have in my version list (727 items right now ;) ) I can see how keeping a good list of versions and descriptions really helps. I have already done about 500 of 727 and when all nationality checks have been done (about 52 items on my list) I can start the quick  transfer items (about 90 of them), so despite not able to finish the people this month I am ahead of where I thought I would be.

Sorry if you have already covered this in this topic but one thing I noticed playing on the FM20 verison was that in South America the World Cup quailfying is still using the 10 team league format rather than the smaller groups of old (loved seeing the Copa America back as just the 10 sides and the group stage to decide a winner)

That shouldn’t be too hard. Have to check how many teams are supposed to quality, but it is group stages, so that’s doable. Not sure how I missed that one in FM20, although that was during my covid fever I guess :D