Set-Pieces: Short Corners

I play this game for ages but there is something that I could never make it work, and that is short corners. Most of the time, the guy receiving the ball makes a 1st touch pass to the corner taker and he's offside. That even happens when they are unopposed. I initially thought it was because I didn't train offensive corners enough but apparently it isn't.

How can you make short corners work?

I had same experience; until I found that the receiver must have a strong foot in their side. What I mean:

Corner right: Taker must have strong left foot. Receiver must have strong foot right. With that combination, the receiver will not pass (forward) the ball to the taker again, because of weak right foot. Instead will cut the ball back to taker (with strong left foot to cross the ball) or will attempt (the receiver) to cross the ball. 

Actually I don't remeber when I made the change ingame, and even if I did, there was a risk of that game not having a short corner.

By the way, that strategy is not 100% bullet proof as I had some short corners, where the ball end up being passed to the offside corner taker. I can select a future game where it works out and another (or the same) where it doesn't work. Is that ok with you @Jack Sarahs?

• SI Staff
25 minutes ago, Ashikodi said:

Actually I don't remeber when I made the change ingame, and even if I did, there was a risk of that game not having a short corner.

By the way, that strategy is not 100% bullet proof as I had some short corners, where the ball end up being passed to the offside corner taker. I can select a future game where it works out and another (or the same) where it doesn't work. Is that ok with you @Jack Sarahs?

Hi Ashikodi,

No worries. If you want to do it that's brilliant, but if not don't worry too much we can recreate it on our end also. It was more about the games before and after the change you made if you already had them available.