New League only plays one season

tvreale

Hi,

I have created an Australasian League systen with 9 divisions (including sub-divisions), league cups, and secondary divisions which determine the best club within each Australian state. I played one season and it worked fine - the team I was managing in the Southern Tasmanian Premier Division won and were up for promotion, however, season 2 never came. What could be the cause of this? I have season update day set to 20 June with the season start date set to 10/8/21 and season end date being 15/5/22. I've even attached a copy for reference. Any ideas? 

Australasian 9 Division League.fmf

Probably because the season doesn't finish it time.

Looking through the leagues and their league dates run until the 1st May, but then you have championship and relegation playoffs and the season ends on the 15th May. That only gives 2 weeks for the playoffs, which may be ok for the A-League where you only have 6 teams, but in the Continental Premier League you've got a 14 team relegation playoff. That could be tough for the game to schedule in that 2 week period. Either move your league date finish forward a bit, or push the season end date back a bit to give more time for the playoffs. You've also got secondary division playoffs (and some cup finals) going on at the same time with the same dates. You're not giving enough time to actually play those games.

Additionally, you haven't set up any match rules for the playoffs. How many legs should there be? What should happen if there's a draw? Extra time? Penalties? It could be that a team's drawing a playoff game and therefore nobody progresses to the next round and everything just stops.