Create Your Own Player Role

jdmk88

It would be great if you could create (and name) your own player role from scratch. Sometimes you just can't find the right role for a player because of specific instructions that are put in place, that you can't change because of the role. 

For example. 

If I wanted a playmaker that is also encouraged to shoot, an attacking wingback that doesn't 'cross often', a winger that doesn't dribble etc.

I'm desperate for my advanced playmaker to shoot more from outside the box but the instructions don't allow this, all you can hope for is that he can develop a trait which overrides these instructions. I've tried the more generic 'Attacking Midfielder' role but he doesn't get enough of the ball as he is no longer considered as a 'Playmaker'.

I have the same problem with my winger. He's got a great cross but can't beat a man. There are no AMR roles that allow for this. 

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators

Creating your own player role isn't something we'd be looking to add as it isn't something that's typically defined by a manager, the roles reflect reality.

That said, we will take on board your comments regarding flexibility. :)