My absolute nightmare!!!

I'm currently playing in Italy Serie A with Fiorentina in our 3rd season. It is going well however, I find myself going against the same tactic which I find hard to score over and over again. The tactic in question is a defensive/cautious 5-3-2 and I've tried lowering the LOE to standard to let them come out and then we try hitting them on the counter, I've tried hitting early crosses to see if my forward can sneak in behind to nip a goal but whatever I try the game always seems to end 0-0 or they score on a counter 1-0.

My tactic is a 4-3-3 as attached, I don't use any other tactics I always tend to stick to one.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

A.C.F. Fiorentina_ Overview.png

5 minutes ago, bdixon said:

he tactic in question is a defensive/cautious 5-3-2 and I've tried lowering the LOE to standard to let them come out and then we try hitting them on the counter, I've tried hitting early crosses to see if my forward can sneak in behind to nip a goal

IMO, your approach is wrong. If it's a cautious/defensive tactic (and this is a bottom heavy formation) then they aren't going to leave themselves open to counter attacks. What's going to end up happening is that you're going to try and counter with 2 players vs 4 or 5 and that's not going to be successful. It's the same with early crosses. Against a defensive tactic with a bottom heavy formation (any defensive tactic, really) there won't be space behind them as they'll be deep so your early crosses plays into their hands as they have 3 defenders against your 1 striker.

7 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

IMO, your approach is wrong. If it's a cautious/defensive tactic (and this is a bottom heavy formation) then they aren't going to leave themselves open to counter attacks. What's going to end up happening is that you're going to try and counter with 2 players vs 4 or 5 and that's not going to be successful. It's the same with early crosses. Against a defensive tactic with a bottom heavy formation (any defensive tactic, really) there won't be space behind them as they'll be deep so your early crosses plays into their hands as they have 3 defenders against your 1 striker.

Well, I assumed I did have the wrong approach as I was never having much luck getting a result. Hence the post for help on what approach to take.

In situations like that you want to move the team around so what I'd normally do is go wide then switch my passing to direct then tempo to much lower what that does is shift the team from left to right constantly and hopefully, space will open up